Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the fact that the reservations are essentially short term interest free loans to ford. 165,000 X 100 is 165 MILLION.... They can get capacity going.
The $100 is sitting with the dealer. Not with Ford.

Also... Check your math. It's 16.5million. Ford burns through that in no time. It would be a drop in the bucket anyway.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love the fact that the reservations are essentially short term interest free loans to ford. 165,000 X 100 is 165 MILLION.... They can get capacity going.
Yea, super creative, right!

If Tesla could figure that sort of artificial cash infusion strategy out they could actually turn a profit. Meanwhile, i'm driving to 2021 Super Cel West in my new Cybertruck while you losers wait for your Broncos!

pawhitejr

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One too many zero's in that calculation. It is only $16.5 million, but what is a zero among friends. . .

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's actually $16.5M and that money is in dealer's accounts, not Ford.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love your carefree artistic license with math and complete disregard of the fact that each dealership holds $100 per reservation at that dealership.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Might want to check your math. $16.5 million and it’s split among all of the dealers that hold the reservations, not Ford, Inc.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the dealers get the $100 , not Ford directly .

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My friend, who was the taxi driver for housekeeper of the custodian for the cousin of a plant manager who sometimes makes parts for Ford said everything is fine and the Broncos will be delivered in time for the Christmas miracle of 2021. And you can take that to the bank!

pawhitejr

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If dealers were smart, they'd convert 100% of their orders, insure they sell at least 80% of those ordered to original reservation holders and promise to buy them back if they don't want to keep them, and sell the other 20% off the lot. ;)
@Kris87 Are you saying that your dealership is promising to buy back original reservation holder purchases? At a discount or original purchase price? Is there a mileage or time limitation?

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was an absolute barrage of bullets correcting math! :ROFLMAO: Everyone will be sure to use a calculator in the future...
IKR. I typed a simple reply and had a page of post before I hit send , LOL

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think anyone is saying that.

What's your insight? Have you heard the same thing?
Yeah, have heard pretty much the same. I've posted it all here, and everytime I do I get chastised or called a liar. Like when I posted about commodity shortages and the fact that Ford felt like some of the commodity issues would naturally take care of the number of reservations. That wasn't a popular statement, but that's what they told us. And when they told us they anticipated building roughly 80k Broncos. Again, unpopular. Or when I said a lot of the reservations/orders were going to be filled as 2022 models...again, unpopular. They've been prepping us...I've been prepping my customers.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Kris87 Are you saying that your dealership is promising to buy back original reservation holder purchases? At a discount or original purchase price? Is there a mileage or time limitation?
If you were one of my customers, then you'd know the details :) But, yes, we have a plan to not miss any if we can help it and it's not hard to implement.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will say, due to lack of supply, a dealer could easily sell a Bronco to a customer at the dealer's net cost, collect all taxes, fees, etc, register the car, buy it back at the total cost pricepoint, then turn around and sell it on the lot as a pre-owned vehicle and turn a profit. I guarantee that. If you have a state that has a small flat tax, like SC's $500 tax, then even better. Dealers are creative, especially the successful ones. They don't get big by luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.