Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Aloha,

I could use some guidance + recommendations from those who may know more than me. I've had an interesting Bronco ordering experience - and am soliciting advice.

Brief history:

- Oct 2020: Made my initial reservation. I didn't know much about the vehicle at the time. Put together a random build: Black Diamond. Non Sas. MGV. Soft Top. etc. With the intention that I was going to change it later when I placed an order.

- March 2021: My Ford Rep reached out to me asking if I'd like to convert my reservation to an Order. I told him I'd pass and convert to an order at a later date.

- Oct 2021: I reached out to my Ford Rep letting him know I'd like to place an order. This is where things got interesting.
  • Oct 26: I tell him I'm interested in ordering a Bronco and ask what I need to do. He tells me to go to Ford.com, put together a build I want. Email him the build. And he'll place order after sending pricing. I sent him my order
  • Oct 29th: I don't hear anything from him. I Follow up. He says he'll have the order by the early afternoon.
  • Nov 1: I don't hear anything from him. I follow up. He says he's working on it. He'll keep my posted.
  • Nov 3: I don't hear anything from him. I'm irritated. So I visit the dealership to find out more. This is an easy sale. Not sure why my rep is slow-walking me.
  • Nov 3 2021: Visit the dealer. Place an order for a WildTrak, Lux, Hardtop. Received confirmation of that order being placed.

**My rep at the time was not in on this day. Instead another individual helped me out with the order. I didn't know this at the time, but I imagine he never converted my initial reservation to an order. And instead just put my order in like any other customer. Not sure if this has a negative impact on when I'll be scheduled - but I assume it does.

• - Nov 3: Receive email of confirmed 2022 Wildtrak order (dope)
  • - Nov 17: Received email of confirmed 2022 Black Diamond Order (wut?)
  • - Nov 18: Received email that my 2022 Black Diamond is scheduled for production. Jan 2022 Build date w/ a VIN. (wut?)

At this point I was confused. I never placed a Black Diamond order. Why am I being scheduled for a build? I wanted to make sure the information I had provided the other day wasn't changed. I forwarded this confirmation message to my rep saying:

'I received this email about a Black Diamond order which I didn't make. Perhaps it was intended for someone else?'

He responds back with

' Let me check on this....I do not know why you would receive confirmation for a Black Diamond.'

After I got the scheduled Build date I forwarded that to him as well. He responded with:

'Ford has the entire system messed up. Previous orders from 2021 have been pushed through as 2022 model year units....Apologies you are getting these extra emails. I think this was your very first order you put in when the Bronco was first available. Any other questions don't hesitate to contact me.'

I felt like he was BS'ing me. What he was saying made zero sense. Over the next few month's I got several emails updating me on the Black Diamond order that got scheduled to build. IE: April 2022 was saying my vehicle was built, and estimate that it will be arriving at the dealer towards the end of May.

Dealer calls me on Saturday saying my Black Diamond is ready to be picked up. I tell the guy I never ordered a Black Diamond. And run through the above with him over the phone. He is all confused, and tells me he just calls customers when their orders are ready. He was going to partner with a mgr and call me back.

Of course. I don't get a call back.

I go into the dealer on Sunday. And they confirm this Silver Black Diamond is under my name. Come to find out, my rep no longer works at that dealership. I'm in an interesting spot. Curious what ya'll might do.

1. The dealer is telling me my WildTrak is still on order. The only thing I'm going by is an email in Nov 2021 that the order was received. And by the guy checking his system. He assures me it's there. I've lost a lot of faith with this dealer. Is there any way to confirm this?

2. I presume once the dealer didn't convert my initial reservation to an order. They converted my reservation by themselves behind my back a few weeks later with the intention of getting a dealer stock unit which they could sell. Mark up Bigly. And try to sweep that under the rug. My spot in line is gone. (lol, as if it meant anything) What would you do in this situation?

3. The dealer is saying that the Black Diamond on the Lot is mine if I want it. Dealer is also saying that it could take the Wildtrak an additional 12-18 months to be made. However, I thought I saw a post here a few days ago where Ford is trying to get all the MY'22s built by the end of the year. What are the chances that my WT is perhaps going to be scheduled sometime soon? What is the process if I'd like to convert that to a '23? I know order banks open up for '23 in Aug. Does price protection factor in? Will my '22 automatically be converted to a '23? I'm so lost because I'm under the assumption that my reservation spot is gone

4. I'm considering purchasing the Black Diamond. Doing a few mods: lift, suspension, Tires, light bar - that's basically it. I get any and all inspiration from the sweet rigs posted here. Then driving that until the WT becomes available. Who knows what the timeline is. But the guy telling me 12-18 months still sounds fishy.

I told the dealer I needed some time to think about what's going on. Thought I'd poll this place - because I'm not nearly as dialed in as folks here, and could use an outside opinion.

Also. The dealer is charge $7k ADM on the Black Diamond. Irritating.

Mahalos,
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think what ever you put in for when you place your reservation well still show on your order e mail after you placed a order like I put in a reservation for 2 door base Sasquatch but order a 2 door BB Sasquatch but says I order a base .

OP
OP

bugsy_ef

Wildtrak
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think what ever you put in for when you place your reservation well still show on your order e mail after you placed a order like I put in a reservation for 2 door base Sasquatch but order a 2 door BB Sasquatch but says I order a base .
Really? A Black Diamond showed up. And a WildTrak is still presumedly on order. And that's the way it works for everyone?

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At best, i'd say the substitute sales rep didn't communicate with your regular sales rep that your order was placed for a Wildtrak. There most likely is a BD order and a WT order under your name. However, what they are saying about the WT wait time may be accurate. I'm at almost 2 years waiting for my WT now.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer hijacked your original reservation, ordered the random vehicle you spec'd at time of reservation.

Took order for your WT as separate new order, not tied to your reservation.

Could be accurate that the WT is still 12-18 months out,

Not the first poster up in here that had dealer games being played on them in HI, not like you can drive a few hours to deal with someone reputable out of who does not charge ADM or play games.

And no, I reserved through Ford and ordered through my small town family owned dealership. Got what I reserved and ordered at invoice as agreed at the time of the order. When I read about other's experiences, I realize how close I could get to going postal in a showroom...

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
dealer stole your order and is trying to screw you...just walk away.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take the Black Diamond on a test drive, crash said Black Diamond on the test drive, walk away and order a Wildtrak from another dealer. Deny these thieves of their ADM prize.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Have your reservation number and info ready. Then go chat with ford online. They will give you the Bronco team number.

They will only want facts. Tell them what happened.

Sounds like you are being treated like a Haole.
Please keep us posted.

Really? A Black Diamond showed up. And a WildTrak is still presumedly on order. And that's the way it works for everyone?

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no but you complaining because something you did not order came in and you still have what you want on order , you put your reservation in long after me and I order a BB and you still got yours before me .

Sponsored
OP
OP

bugsy_ef

Wildtrak
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the replies, everyone.
When I ordered the Wildtrak, I did sign off on pricing for $1k over msrp. I plan on chatting with Ford this morning before work as well.

The $7k adm on the black diamond was posted on the sticker on the car. I haven’t tried talking them down from that. Perhaps I may be able to.

OP
OP

bugsy_ef

Wildtrak
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
no but you complaining because something you did not order came in and you still have what you want on order , you put your reservation in long after me and I order a BB and you still got yours before me .
sure. The purpose of this thread is to gain clarity on what’s going on. Anything my dealer has told me - has been half truths and deception.

sorry you’ve had such a long wait. Hope you get your build soon.

what might you recommend if you were in my situation?

OP
OP

bugsy_ef

Wildtrak
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have your reservation number and info ready. Then go chat with ford online. They will give you the Bronco team number.

They will only want facts. Tell them what happened.

Sounds like you are being treated like a Haole.
Please keep us posted.
I was planning on going this route today. I’ll let y’all know what the deal is.

perhaps with the new sales guy that is assigned to help me. I may be able to guilt him into letting me by the BD at msrp. If I can do that. I may pull the trigger on this one.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few things:
Your reservation was late.
When you did not order in march you effectively said I’ll order a 22.
You can’t just decide when to order 6 months later but need to wait for 22 dealer allocations orders to open up.
You stated you put together a random build, how? Online, did you dealer ever see this BD build?
In October what was you build? Was it the same build they put in, in November?
Lastly what was your agreed upon price at reservation? Was it msrp or some adm?

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sure. The purpose of this thread is to gain clarity on what’s going on. Anything my dealer has told me - has been half truths and deception.

sorry you’ve had such a long wait. Hope you get your build soon.

what might you recommend if you were in my situation?
Sense I live in vegas and vinyl seats suck I wait and hope to have the WT by this time next year but depends also if you really need a new vehicle also I dont so I can wait .
Sponsored