First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In addition to getting an updated VOC like Zack posted, I also requested an updated DORA. Might have been over the top, but I wanted to ensure it all went through properly for my colour change. If you want piece of mind, you may want to request the new DORA as well (I believe it takes 24 hours to get this).
Received my DORA this morning after making changes yesterday afternoon. Just wanted to reinforce that your response is factual. I feel sorry for all of those folks having difficulties with their dealers regarding the order change process. It is indeed fairly simple.
Sponsored

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just talked to the manager at the dealer that I have my order with, and they told me that orders are available for modification on Monday and Tuesday. Starting on Wednesday orders start to lock with all unfulfilled orders (i.e., orders without a build date) locked from Thursday through Sunday, presumably so that Ford can see the build specifications of each order and schedule out what they can build given parts availability. Starting on the following Monday, orders that haven’t been scheduled for build are reopened and available again for change.

This sounds legit to me, but I’m working blind when it comes to these processes. Any thoughts on this? If this is incorrect information, and I’m speaking directly to the dealers in the forum, what can we do, if anything, to ensure an order gets adjusted?

Last edited:
OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks everyone for all the help and information. I drafted an email and almost left it alone, but after a day of sitting on it I sent it to my associate and added the GM of the dealership. I'm spending 50K on this car and even though I know a tow package may not make a difference in delivery, for something that will never carry more than a bike rack I'd rather a slightly better chance to show my kids a bronco with the top off on a dirt rode this fall instead of next spring.

Worst case scenario they "accidently" screw something up and I have to wait an extra 6 months, I think my Jetta still has that in it.

Thanks @ZackDanger and the others who provided specific content I was able to put in the email.

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks everyone for all the help and information. I drafted an email and almost left it alone, but after a day of sitting on it I sent it to my associate and added the GM of the dealership. I'm spending 50K on this car and even though I know a tow package may not make a difference in delivery, for something that will never carry more than a bike rack I'd rather a slightly better chance to show my kids a bronco with the top off on a dirt rode this fall instead of next spring.

Worst case scenario they "accidently" screw something up and I have to wait an extra 6 months, I think my Jetta still has that in it.

Thanks @ZackDanger and the others who provided specific content I was able to put in the email.
I’m interested to see how this turns out. Keep us updated.

Reactions: abe
OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was quick, in less then an hour and half the GM took care of it and even went far enough to remind me that the MIC was showing as a constraint. I thanked him and politely asked for him to keep the MIC and ensure I remain a Priority Code 19 and for a copy of the preview or DORA (don't know the difference) to confirm all changes in the next few days.

Not going to lie that I feel like sh*t having to do that but I'll figure out something more fun for the $600, like a few Cinco De Mayo margaritas tonight.

Sponsored

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else getting pushback from their dealer on making updates? I'm trying to remove the Tow Package any the response from McGovern in Framingham was"

"There is no more changing the orders. It's all on Ford at this point. I can no longer do anything involving the Bronco orders"

I know it states in a number of places on B6G forums changes should be allowed but I wanted to see if anyone has made changes in the past week or so?
I took off my tow package yesterday...no problem

Mama_Dropt_Me

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Surbaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That was quick, in less then an hour and half the GM took care of it and even went far enough to remind me that the MIC was showing as a constraint. I thanked him and politely asked for him to keep the MIC and ensure I remain a Priority Code 19 and for a copy of the preview or DORA (don't know the difference) to confirm all changes in the next few days.

Not going to lie that I feel like sh*t having to do that but I'll figure out something more fun for the $600, like a few Cinco De Mayo margaritas tonight.
That’s great. So they changed your order just today? Hmmmm…. That makes me think my dealer either doesn’t know what they’re doing or something more nefarious, like they just don’t want to deal with it.

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Along these lines, I ordered a Wildtrack in January, but switched to a Base in late March. My account on Ford.com still shows the Wildtrack. I contacted the dealer and was told this was not a problem. I’m worried my changed order is not tied to my original reservation. Thoughts?
You are fine. I ordered BL originally and changed to a WT. The website never did update. I received the email with my VIN and it had all the correct details included.
Sponsored