Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pressed him further and got the reply:

Brian, I can't make changes to orders.

Before this I asked about allocation and was told: "I have no idea how many Bronco's I'll be getting"

What a cluster, I guess I'm stuck with Tow Package unless anyone has any ideas.
I believe my response would have been something along the lines of "Well, then go get me someone that knows what they're doing."

He's either lying, lazy, or a moron.

I don't know that I would change my build based on the availability of the tow package, but I'd definitely be concerned about the dealer.
Sponsored

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else getting pushback from their dealer on making updates? I'm trying to remove the Tow Package any the response from McGovern in Framingham was"

"There is no more changing the orders. It's all on Ford at this point. I can no longer do anything involving the Bronco orders"

I know it states in a number of places on B6G forums changes should be allowed but I wanted to see if anyone has made changes in the past week or so?
I ordered from Classic Ford Columbia SC , they will not give any info on anything, they will not let me make changes, I also thought you could change until you got a vin # , they said no changes, I also thought you would find out your build date the 1st of may, wrong they will not say,I was told if I was push to a 22 model I would find out in may and could make changes , wrong again per the dealership, who really knows how to make changes, when can you make changes and when do you know if itā€™s a 21 or 22

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why get rid of the tow pakage you obviously wanted it I see a lot of people sacrificing options just so they can get there bronco early. Iā€™m in the camp when I get it I get it I just look at the positives if I get pushed to my 22 like Everglades green white tops color matched tops. Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™d be happy if my order is a my 21 it should be I ordered on july 14 but who knows
I dropped tow package yesterday. It's was something I added just to put it on there thinking maybe I'll use it, maybe I won't. But with the additional constraints, it was just something else to worry about. So since I don't care either way, just removed it. Probably won't matter getting a 2 door, SAS, lux package any sooner... But like our government, I feel better just doing something, even if it doesn't help. šŸ™„šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here it is, in writing, from Ford, that your order can be modified up until VIN assignment.

Itā€™s like any other Ford retail order in that regard.

Ford Bronco Dealer won't make changes 1620148394107

That second grab is directly from a communication sent to dealerships. If this most basic of concepts is beyond your dealership contact, have them reach out to their region rep for guidance.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Before this I asked about allocation and was told: "I have no idea how many Bronco's I'll be getting"

Here's what I would do. 1) Drive to dealer 2)Tell them that you called Ford and they confirmed that you can still make changes 3) have them make the change and give you the new order sheet. I upgraded from Mid to LUX last week

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also updated my order yesterday morning. Was provided a Vehicle Order Confirmation later in the day with the change, and requested an updated DORA in the next day or so to also confirm the change. Mine was simply a colour change, however it shouldn't matter. I would be surprised if Ford didn't want customers to modify some orders to "less-constrained" options.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

PLEASE excuse my tone, but grow some balls and stand up for yourself man! If you don't have a VIN, you can make changes. Go to the dealer and INSIST on the change. Start with the Sales manager, then the GM up to the owner if you have to. Sit with the person who puts orders into the system and walk through it with them. Say you're not leaving until it's done AND you have a copy of the new DORA in your hand.

Note: Remember, most people have no idea of what they are talking about. Dealer employees are not generally knowledgeable, misinformed, unmotivated and lazy. Push them!

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got done working with my dealer on a complete order change (BB to BL). I emailed build order sheet to him around 11:00 and we started exchanging text messages at 1:30 and new order was just submitted. He had never done this before. Small dealer with only 8 total reservations so not a ton of experience at any of this. If your dealer can't do this it's because he is choosing not to do it. I don't need to add to the list of names he's already been called but I will say they are very accurate!

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordering a vehicle is not something new and unique with the bronco. Any dealer should know that changes can be made on an order until the vin is assigned. I know first hand and from friends who've ordered trucks in the past, as well as ordering cab and chassis for fire service purposes. You are good until the vin is assigned.

Reactions: abe

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man, ignorance really chaps my ass. Brother, don't take that chit. Go in and tell that moron you know damn good and well that changes can be made to your order up until the VIN is assigned. Then tell him you packed a lunch, and will sit in his office until it's done. If I could I would come up your way, and show that numb nuts a little southern charm.

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to reach out again. I've called Ford Marketing number and they said no changes as well. I was planning on using them as my reasoning but I'll use the resources here.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to reach out again. I've called Ford Marketing number and they said no changes as well. I was planning on using them as my reasoning but I'll use the resources here.
Here is the full FAQ document I quoted from before. Like I said, if your dealer digs in, tell them to call their regional representative while you wait.

Good luck!

Attachments

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really wouldn't depend on the marketing department knowing anything about ordering. Good luck. I hope you get this done.
Sponsored