Sponsored

Dealers Fined $500,000 For False Advertising And Forcing Customers To Pay For “Add-ons”

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This sounds familiar...I know I’ve read posts on here about these very things.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/04/t...-500000-in-fines-for-false-price-advertising/

“”they were found guilty of advertising vehicles at a lower price than they were willing to sell them for.

The Attorney General’s Office pursued the case against the dealerships alleging that they would advertise the vehicles at an attractive price and then force customers to add features that raised the prices of the vehicles. Customers were told they had to buy certain accessories like nitrogen in the tires, an exterior protective coating, door edge guards, door cups, or window tinting, according to a release from the Arizona Attorney General.

Although that might sound disappointingly like the experiences of many car shoppers, the consent judgment found that when customers tried to purchase their vehicles without the additions, the dealers would refuse to sell them.“”

I guess everyone that this happens to needs to contact states AG. This was in Arizona and I know states have different laws regarding dealer practices etc but it may be worth a email or phone call after reading this.
Sponsored

DesertDweller

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully more people take the dealers to court and end the shady business practices. Now that
legal precedent has been set, it will be easier to win.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sounds familiar...I know I’ve read posts on here about these very things.

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/04/t...-500000-in-fines-for-false-price-advertising/

“”they were found guilty of advertising vehicles at a lower price than they were willing to sell them for.

The Attorney General’s Office pursued the case against the dealerships alleging that they would advertise the vehicles at an attractive price and then force customers to add features that raised the prices of the vehicles. Customers were told they had to buy certain accessories like nitrogen in the tires, an exterior protective coating, door edge guards, door cups, or window tinting, according to a release from the Arizona Attorney General.

Although that might sound disappointingly like the experiences of many car shoppers, the consent judgment found that when customers tried to purchase their vehicles without the additions, the dealers would refuse to sell them.“”

I guess everyone that this happens to needs to contact states AG. This was in Arizona and I know states have different laws regarding dealer practices etc but it may be worth a email or phone call after reading this.
This is exactly what Big Star Ford did to me in Pearland, Texas.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some dealers around here are at least being up-front about screwing people. This is a local Toyota dealer's disclaimer on new 4Runners:

Dealer Notes
2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road

Come Visit Crown Motors or Buy Online! IMPORTANT: Before you visit or initiate a new car reservation online or by phone, please read some very important disclosures: 1. Unlike most dealers today, Crown Toyota VW does NOT assess market adjustments or charge above MSRP for any of our new vehicles. However, geographical restrictions are temporarily in place to protect supply in order to meet the demand from our returning customers and the community that counts on us as their franchised dealer. 2. Price listed at MSRP may not include some normally priced accessories, and at the minimum this will include $1250 for Simoniz Ceramic Exterior Protection and Interior Protection with permanent installation and a LIFETIME warranty. 3. Some inventory listed may already be reserved, and most of our listed new car inventory is either scheduled for production or on its way. Backup reservations are welcomed, and often honored due to primary depositor plan changes. This is why vehicles remain listed beyond initial reservation. 4. All financing and leasing to be processed by Crown Motors via an affiliated indirect lending source. 5. Call for availability and exceptions to policy. Exceptions often arise from the ability of a customer to include a high priority trade-in vehicle. Trade-ins may be required for the purchase of certain high demand inventory, and any trade included in a purchase agreement must be included upon final delivery.

OP
OP
Cornbred

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Some dealers around here are at least being up-front about screwing people. This is a local Toyota dealer's disclaimer on new 4Runners:

Dealer Notes
2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off-Road

Come Visit Crown Motors or Buy Online! IMPORTANT: Before you visit or initiate a new car reservation online or by phone, please read some very important disclosures: 1. Unlike most dealers today, Crown Toyota VW does NOT assess market adjustments or charge above MSRP for any of our new vehicles. However, geographical restrictions are temporarily in place to protect supply in order to meet the demand from our returning customers and the community that counts on us as their franchised dealer. 2. Price listed at MSRP may not include some normally priced accessories, and at the minimum this will include $1250 for Simoniz Ceramic Exterior Protection and Interior Protection with permanent installation and a LIFETIME warranty. 3. Some inventory listed may already be reserved, and most of our listed new car inventory is either scheduled for production or on its way. Backup reservations are welcomed, and often honored due to primary depositor plan changes. This is why vehicles remain listed beyond initial reservation. 4. All financing and leasing to be processed by Crown Motors via an affiliated indirect lending source. 5. Call for availability and exceptions to policy. Exceptions often arise from the ability of a customer to include a high priority trade-in vehicle. Trade-ins may be required for the purchase of certain high demand inventory, and any trade included in a purchase agreement must be included upon final delivery.
I called a dealer in Florida about a F350 and he asked if I was local. When I told him no he said there would be ADM. Apparently they don’t charge ADM to Florida residents.
Sponsored