First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PSA, don’t buy the Markups from these stealerships!
Ford Bronco Dealers Flipping Orders? 985E8D83-61C3-4FA6-8F9D-B4F4F2E0EF8F

Went to two different dealerships in Albuquerque today and I have an order with one of them. There were 13 new Broncos at one dealership and 3 at their used dealership.

Asked for close to MSRP in place of my order but they said people are buying the $20k markup ones, which I highly doubt.
While talking in the parking lot a salesperson pulls up in a new Wildtrak (looks like he drove to lunch) claiming he sold it yesterday for $78k. These instances are dealers flipping trucks for Markups. Really close to just moving on and working with Rivian and Tesla.

Just wait these scammers out and they will be forced to return to ethical business practices.
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unless they are "stealing" customer ordered Broncos by charging surprise ADM's, they are not "scamming" anybody. Need to know the backstory on the Broncos they have for sale before making that assumption.

These could be just Broncos that were ordered/reserved more than a year ago that the customer had moved on and bought something else. Many people on here have ordered more than 1 Bronco to try to get one sooner abandoning their other orders when the first one comes in.

Need more information before calling them unethical.

OP
OP
Cogentfire

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Dealers Flipping Orders? 985E8D83-61C3-4FA6-8F9D-B4F4F2E0EF8F

Went to two different dealerships in Albuquerque today and I have an order with one of them. There were 13 new Broncos at one dealership and 3 at their used dealership.

Asked for close to MSRP in place of my order but they said people are buying the $20k markup ones, which I highly doubt.
While talking in the parking lot a salesperson pulls up in a new Wildtrak (looks like he drove to lunch) claiming he sold it yesterday for $78k. These instances are dealers flipping trucks for Markups. Really close to just moving on and working with Rivian and Tesla.

Just wait these scammers out and they will be forced to return to ethical business practices.
What more do you need to see than a salesperson driving one back from lunch all casually, and he says all proudly ‘oh, I sold this one for $78k’. Good luck to them!

Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What more do you need to see than a salesperson driving one back from lunch all casually, and he says all proudly ‘oh, I sold this one for $78k’. Good luck to them!
If it a stock unit they can sell it for whatever price they want. If they hit a reservation holder with surprise ADM then that is a different story.

Falcon01

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R35 GTR, Chevy Bolt, Saab 9-3 Aero 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't blame them. If my Bronco ever gets built, I'm not even sure that I'll keep it anymore. I have a lot of cars on order now, and I would really need to fall in love with it to get over all the BS Ford is making us go through on all their cars...I used to check my email and backdoor link and forums daily. Now I rarely look on here and the Maverick forums after having the Bronco ordered since Nov 2020 and the Maverick since Oct 2021.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

there is a dealership in vegas that is buying Broncos and selling them as used and was asking as much as 35k over MSRP .

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why any customer order should be verified before going into production, if the customer doesn’t want it, the order cancels and goes the the next person in line. There should be none on the lots until all existing orders are filled.

OP
OP
Cogentfire

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why any customer order should be verified before going into production, if the customer doesn’t want it, the order cancels and goes the the next person in line. There should be none on the lots until all existing orders are filled.
This is an excellent point! Rivian is doing exactly that, but of course they have no dealer lots. Ford is complicit and will only see loss of excitement in their products because of this unregulated dealers.

Sponsored

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How would you verify the order? You can't ask someone to pay for it before it is even built, and the customer can walk until its paid for. I guess some people might say, never mind, I don't want the Bronco that is worth more than sticker... But probably not that many.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is an excellent point! Rivian is doing exactly that, but of course they have no dealer lots. Ford is complicit and will only see loss of excitement in their products because of this unregulated dealers.
This isn’t all a dealer problem. People order multiple trucks and then abandoning them is equally as scummy. There are so many things that go into this log Jam shit show that you can’t blame it on one group or thing.

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The way this happens isn't always scummy. Lots of folks ordered the truck they wanted (often a 2-door or hard top) and after months of waiting without a VIN saw people posting on here that they got their 4-door soft-top orders within 2-3 months. A lot of people placed a second order. I don't see that as scummy, just frustrated.

Jwwolfe1977

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
985E8D83-61C3-4FA6-8F9D-B4F4F2E0EF8F.jpeg

What dealership? I got mine thru Chalmers in Rio Rancho with no markup ordered almost 2 years ago) but I've always had issues with them when it came to I included accessories. Hope you find one. Love seeing another other broncos while driving mine!

OP
OP
Cogentfire

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn’t all a dealer problem. People order multiple trucks and then abandoning them is equally as scummy. There are so many things that go into this log Jam shit show that you can’t blame it on one group or thing.
I get your point, but I would certainly consider one of these already built and delivered trucks and cancel my order. I’m not here to make money off a truck, and this situation could just get worse if Ford doesn’t crack down on this behavior.
Sponsored