Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you that the 2.7ECO with 4.27/rear locker axle is NOT sluggish with stock OBX 32" tires.
Unfortunately, not an option for his Base model, which locks the V6 into the 3.73 gears, which are just too tall for much more than the stock 30's.

I'd really like to try a V6 Black Diamond w the 4.46 gears ...with 35s on it!
Sponsored

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Posted concerning this a few weeks ago and several people tried roasting me about it. Hate to say I told ya so šŸ™ƒ

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GM is doing something similar on fleet orders. I ordered 20 trucks last week when 2023 fleet ordering opened. I asked me dealer if he wanted me to order some extra for him to sell, he declined and mentioned the name match policy. Theoretically 2023 GM fleet orders are supposed to be presold with completed purchase orders.

My Ford dealer is refusing to allow me to do the paperwork on my personally ordered Lightning in the name of the company because of the name match policy. Kind of sucks for me because weā€™ll end up paying sales tax a second time to transfer it to the company later.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Posted concerning this a few weeks ago and several people tried roasting me about it. Hate to say I told ya so šŸ™ƒ

Of course! A decent amount of people here just want their pound of flesh because they are still waiting on a Bronco. I got this call back in December 2021 after the shit show I went through with my ADM.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Ford dealer is refusing to allow me to do the paperwork on my personally ordered Lightning in the name of the company because of the name match policy. Kind of sucks for me because weā€™ll end up paying sales tax a second time to transfer it to the company later.
Thatā€™s crap. Iā€™d go to another dealership.

Sponsored

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got an interesting call from my Ford dealer asking my intention having two open bronco orders. Quick backstory, my salesperson convinced me to put two separate orders in back in February, one with my "dream" bronco, and one with a "fast-track" bronco to get around production delays.

As I already wanted a relatively simple base model, I made them roughly the same with only the engine and transmission changed between them (one 2.3 7spd, one 2.7 auto). I figured I'll take whichever gets here earlier with a slight preference for the 2.7L (at the time). I knew his motivation, whatever I don't take they can sell, but seeing as I didn't have to put any money down I figured why not. Gives me time to decide if anything.

Fast forward to today, 4 months after ordering, and he's telling me that Ford is cracking down on dealers who end up with un-purchased customer orders. Supposedly, they're penalizing allocation if they notice this happening too much and it's clearly been an issue with many customers having 3+ broncos on order. My salesperson told me one of his customers has 5 on order. He asked if he can cancel one of mine to avoid any penalties and probably has to make a TON of similar calls over the next few days.

Personally, I canceled my 2.7L as I've been hearing the 3.73 gearing feels sluggish with 33" tires, plus the manual trans is getting great reviews.
I would never trust any dealer.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry, donā€™t think dealers are at all worried about Ford seeing as how some are ADMā€™ing the F150 Lightning $60k plus.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would never trust any dealer.
You are dealing with the wrong Dealer. My guy Josh James at Brinson Ford in Athens Tx is one of the good ones. Plus the owners of the dealership are very stand up people. They have gone to bat for me with Ford and once when they thought Ford was doing me wrong, they picked up the tab. So don't lump all dealerships together.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealers also need to add a non refundable deposit to orders. My last Ford order before the Bronco carried a $1000 deposit. If they all required this it would cut down on people ordering all over town.
$2000 should have been the order deal

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Heard the same. My salesperson even named dealerships in neighboring states who were getting penalized :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Buckaroo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, donā€™t think dealers are at all worried about Ford seeing as how some are ADMā€™ing the F150 Lightning $60k plus.
If their allocation gets cut thatā€™s a lot more painful than 60k

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry but I donā€™t buy it. Ford has no idea if you actually want two Broncos. Ford is reportedly cracking down on bogus orders. Orders that donā€™t have an actual customers name attached. In your case, your name is attached to both orders. What the dealer hopes is YOU back out of one order so THEY can use the order for an ADM Bronco. I have seen multiple people on this forum claim they cancelled their Bronco, only to be notified by the dealer their Bronco order is being built and delivered. The dealer isnā€™t going to cancel your order. When that build arrives they will simply tell Ford, ( if Ford actually asks), you backed out and then put it up for sale at ADM. Hope you take delivery soon. Good luck on acquiring your rig.
Uhh yeah - how did the OP not see right through this??? šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

good force people who could not decide what they wanted and put in more then one order to pick one so the rest of use can get there Bronco .

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry but I donā€™t buy it. Ford has no idea if you actually want two Broncos. Ford is reportedly cracking down on bogus orders. Orders that donā€™t have an actual customers name attached. In your case, your name is attached to both orders. What the dealer hopes is YOU back out of one order so THEY can use the order for an ADM Bronco. I have seen multiple people on this forum claim they cancelled their Bronco, only to be notified by the dealer their Bronco order is being built and delivered. The dealer isnā€™t going to cancel your order. When that build arrives they will simply tell Ford, ( if Ford actually asks), you backed out and then put it up for sale at ADM. Hope you take delivery soon. Good luck on acquiring your rig.
Youā€™re wrong. Ford doesnā€™t care if you want 10 Bronco, but they do monitor to whom those Bronco get reported ā€œdeliveredā€ to. If the number of Bronco delivered is not at the acceptable % against those ordered (same name match), then the dealer will risk allocation loss. So you can ā€œbuy itā€ or not. It is still the case.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thatā€™s crap. Iā€™d go to another dealership.
LOL. What, and re-order his Lightning? Good luck seeing it in the next 2 yearsā€¦
Sponsored