Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Unless they are "stealing" customer ordered Broncos by charging surprise ADM's, they are not "scamming" anybody. Need to know the backstory on the Broncos they have for sale before making that assumption.

These could be just Broncos that were ordered/reserved more than a year ago that the customer had moved on and bought something else. Many people on here have ordered more than 1 Bronco to try to get one sooner abandoning their other orders when the first one comes in.

Need more information before calling them unethical.
Still it is bullshit these dealers have that many broncos on the lot when there are many dealers with hundreds of Broncos on order who haven’t even received the full allocation from last year.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

PSA, don’t buy the Markups from these stealerships!
985E8D83-61C3-4FA6-8F9D-B4F4F2E0EF8F.jpeg

Went to two different dealerships in Albuquerque today and I have an order with one of them. There were 13 new Broncos at one dealership and 3 at their used dealership.

Asked for close to MSRP in place of my order but they said people are buying the $20k markup ones, which I highly doubt.
While talking in the parking lot a salesperson pulls up in a new Wildtrak (looks like he drove to lunch) claiming he sold it yesterday for $78k. These instances are dealers flipping trucks for Markups. Really close to just moving on and working with Rivian and Tesla.

Just wait these scammers out and they will be forced to return to ethical business practices.
How could he be returning from lunch in it if he sold it the day before?

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How could he be returning from lunch in it if he sold it the day before?
Yeah, that would really piss me off.

My dealer fired a tech for taking a "test drive" to McDonalds for lunch.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wait these scammers out and they will be forced to return to ethical business practices.
They can return to ethical business practices all they want. People will remember their shady tactics. They are hurting themselves over the long haul for instant gratification now. They should be more worried about earning loyal customers than screwing people over for a quick payday today.

I already have a short list of dealers I will never step foot in again because of the BS they are pulling with the Bronco.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealers should be offering them to existing reservation holders that are still waiting instead of doing this.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealers should be offering them to existing reservation holders that are still waiting instead of doing this.
While I do agree that it would be nice if the dealers did that, I know that many of the smaller dealers have no inventory to sell and I would not doubt that many of them are either going to close their doors or end up having to sell their dealership to one of the large chain dealerships.

My local dealer has little or no inventory and is surviving off of orders and the service department, while large dealers are getting inventory to sell. Many of the dealerships around here have pretty much turned into used car lots with their whole front line occupied by used cars.

If I had a business that was struggling to keep alive, and people were willing to pay a premium to purchase something that is in high demand, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to take their money.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Went to two different dealerships in Albuquerque today and I have an order with one of them. There were 13 new Broncos at one dealership and 3 at their used dealership.

Asked for close to MSRP in place of my order but they said people are buying the $20k markup ones, which I highly doubt.
While talking in the parking lot a salesperson pulls up in a new Wildtrak (looks like he drove to lunch) claiming he sold it yesterday for $78k. These instances are dealers flipping trucks for Markups. Really close to just moving on and working with Rivian and Tesla.

There's blame to go around with customers paying these markups, or dudes buying multiple Broncos for flipping or whatever. The general scene is a mess. Maybe I'll get a Bronco down the road but for now the appeal is low.

OP
OP
Cogentfire

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's blame to go around with customers paying these markups, or dudes buying multiple Broncos for flipping or whatever. The general scene is a mess. Maybe I'll get a Bronco down the road but for now the appeal is low.
Same, the excitement fades when I see more Ford dealer employees driving these than people that placed orders. Every salesperson I talk to says they placed an order. The owner of the dealership has 3 Broncos for his personal collection and the rest of us are waiting and watching. Ford really let this bad situation get terrible and their brand will now suffer long term repercussions from the Bronco ordering fiasco. What Ford should have done is when someone cancels they should offer that to other order holders. They also should have asked for $1000 deposits to ensure commitment from order holders. It’s not supply/demand rules when many folks are waiting on orders, that’s just stealerships flipping trucks for a buck.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I waited 318 days to get my Bronco. 318 days of my life is worth something and at @ 71 years of age each day becomes a LOT more valuable. My dealers markups (ADM), on non claimed orders (I hope) have been in the range of $7000 to $10,000. Had there been one available when I ordered, I may have considered it.

Our economic system is based on supply and DEMAND. How can you put a price on 318 days of my life? Like an auction….If someone is willing to pay the price, than that’s the value.

Now, If you ordered and waited a year (as many here have) and were under the impression that you were going to get a vehicle at MSRP, and your dealer asked for ADM, then you got fucked. Many States have laws against this.

However, if you just walked into a dealer yesterday wanting to buy an existing Broncos without the wait, I have no sympathy for any ADM you might have to pay. I have seen ADM’s higher than $20,000 here in the Houston area, though there ARE some ethical dealers with a conscience.

grenjith7

Badlands
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What is wrong with this? It is purely demand and Supply. Supply is less and dealers charge more, similarly guys who place reservations , get the vehicle , filip the vehicle and make money. Many fellows are unhappy because they didnt get a chance to flip and make 10K. But at the same time there r so many genuine people. As far as i know, there is no instrument avaiable at Ford, to detect a genuine buyer or flipper.
Extracting the abandoned vehicle from that dealer and giving to another buyer is a bad idea. he may just turn around and flip for another 10-15 K. So it is in Fords best interest to leave the vehicle with that dealer who has already made millions of dollars worth of investment than sme one with a few hundred dollar investment.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I do agree that it would be nice if the dealers did that, I know that many of the smaller dealers have no inventory to sell and I would not doubt that many of them are either going to close their doors or end up having to sell their dealership to one of the large chain dealerships.

My local dealer has little or no inventory and is surviving off of orders and the service department, while large dealers are getting inventory to sell. Many of the dealerships around here have pretty much turned into used car lots with their whole front line occupied by used cars.

If I had a business that was struggling to keep alive, and people were willing to pay a premium to purchase something that is in high demand, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to take their money.
You are totally right, except like you said the small dealers arent getting these to sell for more than msrp, the big dealers are. That isnt helping them at all.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is wrong with this? It is purely demand and Supply. Supply is less and dealers charge more
I have a hard time believing that a small dealership like that got that many Broncos legitimately. I'm at a "largest 100" dealership and they have only had one abandoned order that I know of, a Black Diamond where the customer realized at the last moment what a horrible mistake MGV was in July in Phoenix.

The only way a dealership has that many on the lot is by hitting order holders with surprise ADM.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a hard time believing that a small dealership like that got that many Broncos legitimately. I'm at a "largest 100" dealership and they have only had one abandoned order that I know of, a Black Diamond where the customer realized at the last moment what a horrible mistake MGV was in July in Phoenix.

The only way a dealership has that many on the lot is by hitting order holders with surprise ADM.
More than likely, they are buying them at auction for a premium knowing that in their market they can sell them with a large markup.

OP
OP
Cogentfire

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited 318 days to get my Bronco. 318 days of my life is worth something and at @ 71 years of age each day becomes a LOT more valuable. My dealers markups (ADM), on non claimed orders (I hope) have been in the range of $7000 to $10,000. Had there been one available when I ordered, I may have considered it.

Our economic system is based on supply and DEMAND. How can you put a price on 318 days of my life? Like an auction….If someone is willing to pay the price, than that’s the value.

Now, If you ordered and waited a year (as many here have) and were under the impression that you were going to get a vehicle at MSRP, and your dealer asked for ADM, then you got fucked. Many States have laws against this.

However, if you just walked into a dealer yesterday wanting to buy an existing Broncos without the wait, I have no sympathy for any ADM you might have to pay. I have seen ADM’s higher than $20,000 here in the Houston area, though there ARE some ethical dealers with a conscience.
I’m willing to pay up to $7k markup for a truck that wasn’t my ideal, so I’m flexible. However, my point is, they should have given existing order holders first crack at any abandoned orders. Instead, you have desperate people trying to take advantage of these folks that have waited for many months. Supply and demand is one thing, but this is scalpers taking advantage of people.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m willing to pay up to $7k markup for a truck that wasn’t my ideal, so I’m flexible. However, my point is, they should have given existing order holders first crack at any abandoned orders. Instead, you have desperate people trying to take advantage of these folks that have waited for many months. Supply and demand is one thing, but this is scalpers taking advantage of people.
Yup, I agree and I think your idea is super! My hat would be off to any dealer who could implement it. But, nation wide, how could it ever be administered. Ford does “ding” dealers when the order name and the sales name don’t match up. I do know that first hand. Ford, Ford, Ford, Ford. How does Ford know what the dealer’s intent is when the Bronco is shipped?

Some dealers are going to be truly honest and some are only going to be legal.

This is going to be a topic of this forum for a long time to come since I believe Broncos are going to be in short supply for more than a few more years. Values and prices will remain high.
Sponsored