First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Subaru 77 Cutlass Supreme
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly, it amazes me how far out of the loop they appear to be. My dealer is still offering Xplan. It's insane. Never know what to think. Everything could change in an instant.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's one of the skeezier things I've seen a dealer say around here. If this is how you handle your sales end of things I wouldn't want a relationship with you. Much less would I want to bring the higher margin repair work in after the sale. Yet another dealer showing their ass in the information age.
You'd never say it out loud! lol.....but that's what's going on. If you don't want it, I'm ok with that. There's another guy standing right behind you that does. Just how it is.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool, you do you. Tell them you'll pay whatever they ask, and beg them to accept it. I don't care one iota about a relationship with a dealer, beyond a smooth transaction.

You are correct, in that they do or will have something I want (an allocation), but you forget that I also have things they want (money, willingness to buy, and a relatively early reservation that will be converted to an order). So, this isn't an instance of just begging them to bless you with whatever price they want as you seem to be willing to do. They may think it's that way, but other dealers who do value what I have will be willing to break and create better offers.
I get all that, but some folks on here seem to think they're very special indeed and worthy of massive discounts like it's extra old inventory...!

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'd never say it out loud! lol.....

Well you just did...?

but that's what's going on. If you don't want it, I'm ok with that. There's another guy standing right behind you that does. Just how it is.

That is exactly the attitude that the folks on the forum hate..

But some folks on here seem to think they're very special indeed and worthy of massive discounts like it's extra old inventory...!

Just stop and help yourself, the condescending attitude is what the forum members hate about dealership interactions...

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, if I have what you want and you want it....you'll pay what I want you to or you'll walk for the next guy. It really is just that simple and you'll just piss off a dealer that hopefully you want a good relationship with. We can play nice and often get more....
Sounds like someone is salty that they're losing reservations to dealers that don't act like they're running a cartel...

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reached out to a handful of dealers in my area to include my reservation dealer. Only got on reply from a dealer who appeared to be transparent. When I asked about pricing I was told MSRP plus an “addendum”. This addendum amounted to $1999 for 24 months of maintenance, seat and paint protection, and key fob replacement program. I was told they could not remove it from the order. Wow. I thought it was my vehicle...

They also told me their allotment would be 5-9 vehicles per quarter and that they were sitting on 35 reservations.

I got to give it to them for being transparent, but not for forcing something I don’t want. Waiting to hear back from them after explaining my displeasure with them.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'd never say it out loud! lol.....

Well you just did...?

but that's what's going on. If you don't want it, I'm ok with that. There's another guy standing right behind you that does. Just how it is.

That is exactly the attitude that the folks on the forum hate..

But some folks on here seem to think they're very special indeed and worthy of massive discounts like it's extra old inventory...!

Just stop and help yourself, the condescending attitude is what the forum members hate about dealership interactions...
Dude. I'm not a dealer. Just a guy who wants a Bronco as bad as you. Sorry if it s condescending.... I'm just firing off folks who think they deserve it all :deep discount, custom truck, lifetime warranty, and bags of gold in back.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude. I'm not a dealer. Just a guy who wants a Bronco as bad as you. Sorry if it s condescending.... I'm just firing off folks who think they deserve it all :deep discount, custom truck, lifetime warranty, and bags of gold in back.
Sorry for the misconception of your specialty

I find that if we (members) cannot be positive on the Forum then we (aforementioned members) are not helping anyone however just starting dumpster fires that do not need lit...?

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have to decide: do you want this or not? If you want to deal....wait 2 years. If you want one now, stop trying to deal and just get it.
This guy is going to look at reactions and assume people are agreeing with him rather than laughing at the ignorance of the statement. Short version: Dealership employee

Sponsored

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree 100%. I have called local dealers around north ms and you wouldn't believe the responses i have got. Pure ignorance. Some of the more educated responses i have got have been, “you just have to go to ford.com and put in your reservation. I try to explain what i know but it goes nowhere. The closest thing to a price has been, “there are going to be other dealers marking these broncos up $10,000 and we wont do that.”

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This guy is going to look at reactions and assume people are agreeing with him rather than laughing at the ignorance of the statement. Short version: Dealership employee
Wow, seriously no. My apologies. Sometimes stuff just gets under your skin, and I indeed like to keep it positive. I love this community.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So dealers do have allotments restrictions on reservations/Orders?

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow, seriously no. My apologies. Sometimes stuff just gets under your skin, and I indeed like to keep it positive. I love this community.
If you feel this way and not a dealer, I just have to assume you have Stockholm syndrome

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe a little more on this piece? Sounds interesting.
I was a grunt Marine. In Iraq in 2007 another company captured a double trailer full of ammonium nitrate to be used for IEDs and who knows what else. I volunteered to drive the Volvo semi truck in a convoy out into the desert and then our assault men put two satchels of C4 on it and blew it in place. made a very large reddish mushroom cloud. The engine block was probably 200 meters away. Didn't mean to derail the thread sorry.
Sponsored