First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, your dealer is asking for $500 down, then Ford is asking for $500 when they start your build. Am I interpreting all that correctly?
I guess so. Dealer is asking for the deposit at time of sit down.
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got off the phone with my dealer, order will be submitted, no request for further deposit and will hear back from them when its time to hash things out once she arrives!

OP
OP
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I asked how many they had allocated and where I'm at in line and the lady just told me that the Owner would discuss all that with me at our appointment.

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I asked how many they had allocated and where I'm at in line and the lady just told me that the Owner would discuss all that with me at our appointment.
What dealer are you with?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm ordering a Wildtrak. I've been following the site for 3-4 years. I'm just not very knowledgeable on vehicles, and I don't have anyone to ask (father passed away and only have an ex-hubs). I read all the posts. I just don't want to get taken advantage of at the dealership or get something that I don't need.

Planning on a lot of travel in it. Going with the 2 door because my girls are getting older. Hoping the towing capacity will be enough to pull an old airstream I've been working on. Love going to the Outer Banks and would love to take it out on the beach there. I'm not planning on doing anything ridiculous with it. I wish I could get a white top, but from what I follow, that won't be possible until the 2022.
Use the spreadsheet to help you find the "right dealer for you".

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dry weight is around 2900.
Should be good. As far as the dealer goes, I have my appointment noon tomorrow and I am prepared to walk out if they mess around with add on's. They already claimed MSRP so will see if that holds up. Just make sure you're happy with the deal.

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone is free to make their own decisions but there's zero chance I'd use a 2 door Bronco as the main hauler for a 2900lb Airstream.
That's kind of what I figured. What about the 4 door?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's kind of what I figured. What about the 4 door?
Maybe. Still wouldn't want it to be my main vehicle for hauling that much.

You'd be suprised what the difference between dry weight and camping weight is. My trailer is 13' with a dry weight posted as 900lbs. It usually weighs in around 1500lbs. Water, food, clothes, bedding, tools, gear, batteries, fuel, etc.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm new to all of this, so any advice would be appreciated.
That line right there is your biggest weakness. Let's assume the dealership you picked is honorable and then this won't matter.

Part 1. My advice, go in with confidence. This is YOUR order. Order what you want and decline what you don't want. Stick to your guns.

Part 2. Some people prefer the longer wheelbase for towing. I've towed with a 2 door Jeep and full size Bronco's. No issues. I've also towed with 4 door Jeep. Less trailer sway with the 4 door and the full size Bronco. So definitely consider 4 door if you are new to towing.

Part 3. You got lucky, you have girl in your name. Any other name and you'd be getting pestered right now for this post.

Part 4. Avoid people with names like @Used2jeep , @Bronc-OH , @Squatch , @wvmtneer , @j_marinelli , @Fordboi, @frinesi2 just to list a few. They're nothing but trouble, this list could go on forever.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That line right there is your biggest weakness. Let's assume the dealership you picked is honorable and then this won't matter.

Part 1. My advice, go in with confidence. This is YOUR order. Order what you want and decline what you don't want. Stick to your guns.

Part 2. Some people prefer the longer wheelbase for towing. I've towed with a 2 door Jeep and full size Bronco's. No issues. I've also towed with 4 door Jeep. Less trailer sway with the 4 door and the full size Bronco. So definitely consider 4 door if you are new to towing.

Part 3. You got lucky, you have girl in your name. Any other name and you'd be getting pestered right now for this post.

Part 4. Avoid people with names like @Used2jeep , @Bronc-OH , @Squatch , @wvmtneer , @j_marinelli , @Fordboi, @frinesi2 just to list a few. They're nothing but trouble, this list could go on forever.
Sponsored