Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That line right there is your biggest weakness. Let's assume the dealership you picked is honorable and then this won't matter.

Part 1. My advice, go in with confidence. This is YOUR order. Order what you want and decline what you don't want. Stick to your guns.

Part 2. Some people prefer the longer wheelbase for towing. I've towed with a 2 door Jeep and full size Bronco's. No issues. I've also towed with 4 door Jeep. Less trailer sway with the 4 door and the full size Bronco. So definitely consider 4 door if you are new to towing.

Part 3. You got lucky, you have girl in your name. Any other name and you'd be getting pestered right now for this post.

Part 4. Avoid people with names like @Used2jeep , @Bronc-OH , @Squatch , @wvmtneer , @j_marinelli , @Fordboi, @frinesi2 just to list a few. They're nothing but trouble, this list could go on forever.
giphy.gif

In all seriousness @NewBroncoGirl2021 , @EvlNvrDys part 1 through 3 is good advice. I'd also like to add that going through all the threads, info, and opinions on here can be a bit overwhelming at times. Alot of good info on here but alot of LOL info as well.

Welcome to the forum by the way!
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That line right there is your biggest weakness.

Part 3. You got lucky, you have girl in your name. Any other name and you'd be getting pestered right now for this post.
That's why I posted on here. I know better than to walk into a dealership and say that. Honorable or not, I'd probably still get taken advantage of. I know a decent amount from reading all these posts for a couple of years. I think I'm just nervous! The minute I walk into the dealership by myself, they are going to think they can take advantage. I want to have everything just like I want it when I go in.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's why I posted on here. I know better than to walk into a dealership and say that. Honorable or not, I'd probably still get taken advantage of. I know a decent amount from reading all these posts for a couple of years. I think I'm just nervous! The minute I walk into the dealership by myself, they are going to think they can take advantage. I want to have everything just like I want it when I go in.
Don't show the nervousness. Go in with that attitude and you'll be fine. Remember, you're buying it, not them.

If your that nervous, bring a guy with you. Brother, friend, co-worker... Whoever. Just make sure if you do that they back you up ?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dry weight is around 2900.
You'll be right at the max, 3500. I would not buy the hitch from Ford, buy an aftermarket class III or IV hitch. Far more stable. Make sure you get sway bars...

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hang around this forum for a couple days, then walk into the dealership like Vinny Mac.

We toughen up the new people as well.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That line right there is your biggest weakness. Let's assume the dealership you picked is honorable and then this won't matter.

Part 1. My advice, go in with confidence. This is YOUR order. Order what you want and decline what you don't want. Stick to your guns.

Part 2. Some people prefer the longer wheelbase for towing. I've towed with a 2 door Jeep and full size Bronco's. No issues. I've also towed with 4 door Jeep. Less trailer sway with the 4 door and the full size Bronco. So definitely consider 4 door if you are new to towing.

Part 4. Avoid people with names like @Used2jeep , @Bronc-OH , @Squatch , @wvmtneer , @j_marinelli , @Fordboi, @frinesi2 just to list a few. They're nothing but trouble, this list could go on forever.
@NewBroncoGirl2021 He doesn't lie per se, but he might leave himself off of that group. Jerseyite that he is, we still sort of forgive him. His advice in this case, "holy heck" is a "right bit of kit" "eh mate"?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Decide what dealer add-ons you actually want and get it in writing. Ex, window tint will probably be worth $300-400. Nitrogen filled tires are not necessary, no phantom undercarriage rust proofing or VIN window etching either Don't let them tell you any of their add on's are mandatory. It is your Bronco and you can move your res to a different dealership if need be. And don't be afraid to haggle the price. There are plenty of spreadsheets on here that will give you invoice pricing as a good place to start from. And get it in writing. Also non-refundable deposit is a non-starter.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You'll be right at the max, 3500. I would not buy the hitch from Ford, buy an aftermarket class III or IV hitch. Far more stable. Make sure you get sway bars...
You also need to factor in some of these other items.

Water 8.33 pound per gallon / 23 gallon tank is around 192 lbs
Battery 30 lbs
Propane tank two 7 gallon tanks 110 lbs or 1 tank full 55 lbs
Gear let's say 50 to 100 lbs depending how much you packing the trailer.
And also don't forget about tongue weight

I only know all this because I too have a 16 foot Airstream Bambi that I planned on pulling with my four door Bronco, and unfortunately for my wife, I will have to leave her behind because it exceeds the weight limit. Lol

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't show the nervousness. Go in with that attitude and you'll be fine. Remember, you're buying it, not them.

If your that nervous, bring a guy with you. Brother, friend, co-worker... Whoever. Just make sure if you do that they back you up ?
Actually, forget guys, I would bring a Karen who would make sure I got to talk to that manager.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The minute I walk into the dealership by myself, they are going to think they can take advantage.
Livestream your dealer appointment....we'll all call in and kibbitz on your speakerphone. You'll be loaded for bear

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model