Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t say it holds water. I’m not building a legal case. If they don’t honor the price on the order preview, I won’t buy the Bronco and I won’t buy another Ford.

I’ve never signed a sales agreement prior to buying a new car from a dealer, and while that contract would be helpful to cement a price that’s legally binding, as someone who deals with legal disputes professionally and sometimes when actually necessary in my own life, I do not deem this worthy of playing Matlock.
Well let’s just hope most dealerships aren’t a bunch of crooks and we don’t need to play Matlock :) Any issue like marking up out of the blue really would put a bad taste in anyone’s mouth and ruin what should be a great, fun experience.
Sponsored

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far several good ideas to use. Hadn’t thought of using the BBB. That’s a good idea. I learned this over the weekend after attending one of the Off-Roadeo’s which was incredible. As much fun as I had this was not a welcome email from my dealer. Plan on contacting Ford Corporate tomorrow. I’m reserving naming the dealer in public so they can quietly walk this policy change back. Really interested if anyone else have had this happen yet. Did yo
I doubt you need to get another attorney involved but if you do I know a few in the MIDdle of the COuNtry that could help. ;). Your screen name is pretty tricky.

As a business owner who gets threatened with BBB claims frequently that threat typically means nothing to me. They are obviously trying to add After Dealer Markup to be dicks. Dicks don't care about a bad review or two if their margins are increasing exponentially. Market price is vague and a 6G Bronco is not limited run. It's a mass produced vehicle at the beginning of big production runs.

Name the dealer. Your potential business relationship with your family's operation going forward likely has more value than a one pump chump on ADM on a mass produced vehicle.

The new is wearing off many potential owners. That extra dealer markup is gonna collapse sooner than later. Do you even have a build date yet?

OP
OP
tucker.stewart.tas
First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt you need to get another attorney involved but if you do I know a few in the MIDdle of the COuNtry that could help. ;). Your screen name is pretty tricky.

As a business owner who gets threatened with BBB claims frequently that threat typically means nothing to me. They are obviously trying to add After Dealer Markup to be dicks. Dicks don't care about a bad review or two if their margins are increasing exponentially. Market price is vague and a 6G Bronco is not limited run. It's a mass produced vehicle at the beginning of big production runs.

Name the dealer. Your potential business relationship with your family's operation going forward likely has more value than a one pump chump on ADM on a mass produced vehicle.

The new is wearing off many potential owners. That extra dealer markup is gonna collapse sooner than later. Do you even have a build date yet?
Pretty easy to figure out who I am! LOL. I don’t have my build date yet. I converted it pretty much the day you could convert to an order. I’m actually glad I didn’t get one because after attending the Off-Roadeo I immediately changed my order. I’m not above completely canceling my order but the trip to Austin to attend this event wasn’t cheap. Neither will be having to pay Ford for the event if I cancel.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking of detrimental reliance, how about changing to a four-door (and increasing price) when Ford says 2-door and MIC top are delay-causing sins, and then you see 2-doors with MIC rolling off the line on day one of production, when it’s too late to switch back? Maybe I should have asked Ford for a signed contract saying they wouldn’t make any two-door Broncos until after delivering my four-door. 💩

Sponsored

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the way OP wrote his post, asking for advice, it wouldn't be defamation. If he just happened to state the dealer's name, then no biggie.

Now if he came out and said that "(Dealer) is trying to steal my money and they're a bunch of crooks" then yeah, that'd be defamation.
It's not defamation if it's TRUE.

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty easy to figure out who I am! LOL. I don’t have my build date yet. I converted it pretty much the day you could convert to an order. I’m actually glad I didn’t get one because after attending the Off-Roadeo I immediately changed my order. I’m not above completely canceling my order but the trip to Austin to attend this event wasn’t cheap. Neither will be having to pay Ford for the event if I cancel.
Your screen name may not be unique but how many people have cousins from Washington, right? My wife threw your offroadeo pictures in my face.... Highly jealous!

I didn't think about the offroadeo cost if you cancel. Personally, I assume Ford is trying to avoid these situations. Calling the bronco hotline thing may not hurt as they may allow you to change dealerships due to circumstances and keep your place in line. Assuming you have some of the constained items on your build I assume you could have some time still to get a build date like I do. What option(s) were you changing?

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Emails are not going to cut it for a lawyer. If you didn’t have a signed purchase contract by all parties then you do not an agreed upon price and the dealer can charge whatever they like.

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you have any communication in writing, you can take the matter before a judge. The most important communication would be emails stating the price at MSRP. However, if you dont have that, it is my opinion the build order spec sheet... with the price on it is essentially an agreement. Common sense law and a Common Sense Judge would rule in the favor of the buyer. Let them know you be suing... the salesman(personally), the Sales Manager(personally), the GM(personally), Ownership(personally), the dealership and Ford Motor Co.
No one is going to win a lawsuit against a dealership that decides not to honor a previous agreement — written or otherwise — regarding price. You’re not going to get an injunction stopping them from selling the car to someone else, a court is not going to force a sale, and you’re not going to be able to prove any damages resulting from the fact that you couldn’t get the exact Bronco you wanted at the moment you wanted it. If you’re not a lawyer, you don’t know how to even start trying to fight this battle in court on you own, and if you are a lawyer, you know it would be a waste of time and money to bother trying.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Recently I was informed by my dealer that they were changing a policy to charge “market value” rather than MSRP. I specifically went with this dealer because they originally promised they wouldn’t up charge the bronco and would only charge MSRP. Of course they made this change and informed order holders after the deadline to change dealers. Anyone else being faced with this issue? Several legal issues come to mind with this tactic not to mention consumer protection issues.
Price should have been agreed to IN WRITING and signed by you and the Dealer. I have an initial email PDF agreement signed to no mark up from the Sales Manager (upon switching my reservation to them last year). Then a signed "deal" and agreement as to price and other issues I specified at time of ordering in March.

Sponsored

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing one dealer add $20,00.00 ADM . Think maybe it was on the Bronco nation not sure, but I asked my dealer if they could send me something on paper in regards to our verbal communication, they responded they are still honoring MSRP with no ADM and the order sheet they emailed me is the paper proof. That’s all I have to go on. If you don’t have that I would call Ford. The original reservation description stated it locked us in on MSRP, I am not sure if that means they can add ADM or not, I believe it does but would be a low thing to do . This is my second vehicle from this dealer and I am going to need a new truck in a few years, I’ve tried to get them to give me invoice pricing and they won’t budge, even on the truck, 3 cars from them and no price breaks. I haven’t bought the truck yet and I’m not pot committed like I am with the Bronco. I have called Ford and let them know how I feel about a dealer getting MSRP that has no real estate envolved in this sale and the Bronco was sold by Ford, thru the reservation system , the dealer had to do nothing . They had to literally do nothing , doesn’t seem right. Now I am hearing stories like this that just isn’t right, Ford needs to step up to the plate and stop this BS IMO.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price should have been agreed to IN WRITING and signed by you and the Dealer. I have an initial email PDF agreement signed to no mark up from the Sales Manager (upon switching my reservation to them last year). Then a signed "deal" and agreement as to price and other issues I specified at time of ordering in March.
How do you agree on a price when there are not any invoices yet?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a local news station that covers consumer rip offs? “7-on-your-side” I’d be calling them and a the better business bureau. And a lawyer.

Let's start with this.... The BBB is a shady outfit that is nothing more than a protection racket. They attempt to shake down businesses for money and once they have a business paying them off, they are on the side of the business, not the consumer. I have seen them firsthand doing this, it's shady AF.

Lilmule

Base
First Name
Dan Follett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx, 2001 Jeep xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was at the dealership yesterday to see if any new broncos had arrived, they had Virtually no used cars and barely any new vehicles. I have a feeling more dealerships will do this. This could get ugly.
Sponsored