Sponsored

Dealership matter for speed of delivery?

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About to place an order for an OB non-sas, and was curious if ordering from a mega-dealership or a small mom/pop dealership would make any difference in production & delivery timing? I would prefer the mom & pop that is near my house. But not at the expense of say 6 months, if that was truly the differentiating factor.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer allocation was the biggest constraint in the first few model years. But now that 99% of the original order holders have been delivered it is not that big of a factor anymore. But it is still a factor

Bigger dealership, equals bigger allocations but also equals more orders. Opposite is true for a small dealership. Fords allocation model rewards units based on amounts of sales so your chances should even put between the two types.

The biggest factor, now, for getting scheduled is your build type, the current constraints and the number of constrained builds in front of you at said dealership.

Why Noy place an order at both, see which gets scheduled first and then cancel the other one?

drewbaby88

Everglades
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
About to place an order for an OB non-sas, and was curious if ordering from a mega-dealership or a small mom/pop dealership would make any difference in production & delivery timing? I would prefer the mom & pop that is near my house. But not at the expense of say 6 months, if that was truly the differentiating factor.
No one has really found the “magic recipe” for ordering.Big dealers have a bigger allotment usually but you’ll be way behind on their order list. Smaller dealers tend to have smaller allotments. That said, I ordered from a friend who owns a TINY ford dealership. (6-10 new vehicles on the lot) but his order volume is astronomical. I was his first 2024 Bronco order. I’m scheduled for production now with a 01/02/24 blend date.

As far as delivery to the dealer, that’s an entirely different beast. Unless you’re dealer is in Michigan or a neighboring state, it’ll be delivered to your dealer by train. That’s a 2-3 week process normally. The modules, constraints, etc could be zero issue or major issues. No way to know until you know.

these links will explain it better than I did.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-emails-delivery-date-estimates-more.24987/

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ry-info-thread-updated-december-9-2022.60882/
Sponsored