Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good Morning,

All around idiot here. If I request my dealer to debadge my OB Bronco, will they do that? (for a nominal fee of course) I've never done anything like that and sort of makes me nervous on a brand new vehicle. Is it really just as easy as heating them up with a heat gun?

Thanks.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Morning,

All around idiot here. If I request my dealer to debadge my OB Bronco, will they do that? (for a nominal fee of course) I've never done anything like that and sort of makes me nervous on a brand new vehicle. Is it really just as easy as heating them up with a heat gun?

Thanks.
Heat guns can even be too hot....

Blow dryer and dental floss (or similar thin line of some sort)... followed with a GooGone product.

Even if you've never done it, I say try it. I'm usually okay with paying someone else for their time, but this is simple enough I don't think it's worth it.

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heat guns can even be too hot....

Blow dryer and dental floss (or similar thin line of some sort)... followed with a GooGone product.

Even if you've never done it, I say try it. I'm usually okay with paying someone else for their time, but this is simple enough I don't think it's worth it.
I wondered about how to actually remove it with a tool that wouldn't mark up the paint. Are they literally stuck on with double sided tape?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wondered about how to actually remove it with a tool that wouldn't mark up the paint. Are they literally stuck on with double sided tape?
Yep. It's super strong double sided tape. (The days of screwed on or pinned badging is over.)

You just need something soft and thin, like dental floss, to "saw" through the adhesive without marring the paint. The adhesive is strong enough that unless you soften it with a hairdryer first, the floss will break.... thin strong filament line is better for that reason, but you should still soften the adhesive with the hairdryer to make your life easier.

You'll probably leave some chunks of tape behind (just like peeling off a sticker), but I just work that with my thumb to rub it off, and then use the goo-gone product to remove the residue.

Seriously. I believe in you on this. I don't even know you and I'm convinced you can handle this.

;)

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep. It's super strong double sided tape. (The days of screwed on or pinned badging is over.)

Seriously. I believe in you on this. I don't even know you and I'm convinced you can handle this.

;)
hope you're right mustangs have holes under the 5.0 on the fender

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Every car I have ever bought I have insisted on no dealer advertising. Almost every time the car was delivered with it on, and I have forced them to remove it before signing the final deal. Takes about 15 mins in the detailing shop. There is a specific TurtleWax remover they used. Works when you need to remove your RUBICON decals that are starting to peel and replace them, etc. as well.
Ford Bronco Debadging Question 6752B64A-39A9-4F92-BA95-9FBE41D453EA

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good info here so far. I'm relatively competent, just a new vehicle makes me nervous.

Appreciate it.

OP
OP
Lindy08

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You just need something soft and thin, like dental floss, to "saw" through the adhesive without marring the paint. The adhesive is strong enough that unless you soften it with a hairdryer first, the floss will break.... thin strong filament line is better for that reason, but you should still soften the adhesive with the hairdryer to make your life easier.

You'll probably leave some chunks of tape behind (just like peeling off a sticker), but I just work that with my thumb to rub it off, and then use the goo-gone product to remove the residue.

;)
"thin filament" you mean like a thin fishing line?

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good Morning,

Thanks.
Watch this Video:
I'm selling my Bronco! - YouTube
Skip to about 26:20 - he scratches at the edge and peels the label off. A little Alcohol will clean up any residue.

This guy does a more complicated F-150 badge (with pins - the Ford Oval on the back is like this).
How to remove F-150 emblem - YouTube
He shows the heat gun/fishing line technique - use that method on the horse logo stuck on back (there's no pins).

Just tape around anything that you may have to pry against.

Good luck!

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh man!

@Lindy08 You/we should confirm that these are indeed attached with adhesive first.
There are several videos of people peeling off the trim badge or using the floss method for the Bronco emblem on the swing gate. I don't have mine yet, so cannot confirm first hand, but I am sure those are held on with adhesive. I ordered a replacement bucking bronco (black) for the rear and it came with adhesive already on it.

As @helifino16 pointed out, the Ford emblem may be more complicated if it has pins. I believe its also slightly depressed into the swing gate

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are several videos of people peeling off the trim badge or using the floss method for the Bronco emblem on the swing gate. I don't have mine yet, so cannot confirm first hand, but I am sure those are held on with adhesive. I ordered a replacement bucking bronco (black) for the rear and it came with adhesive already on it.

As @helifino16 pointed out, the Ford emblem may be more complicated if it has pins. I believe its also slightly depressed into the swing gate
There sure are!

A lot has happened in the past 16 months.

;)

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Come on man, we believe in you, we are here for and we are rooting for you!

Just let us know how it goes because many of us are curious and don't want to destroy our new BRONCOs either! lol

;)
Sponsored