Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to add some decals such as a hockey stripe. My main concern is that in a few years it may look like crap. Then if I remove it, wouldn’t my paint look different than the surrounding Paint??
Sponsored

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It will "look like crap". :cautious:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

maybe, and yes.

depends on decal but anytime painted surface is protected from the elements it will not fade at same rate as open areas

skip decals and wait 3 years to remove your spare tire

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to add some decals such as a hockey stripe. My main concern is that in a few years it may look like crap. Then if I remove it, wouldn’t my paint look different than the surrounding Paint??
It will only look bad if you don't refresh it. There are very few things you can have on the exterior of a vehicle that doesn't require maintenance.

And yes, the paint could be a different color, particularly if the decal doesn't pass the UV spectrum.

OP
OP

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I may skip the decal then. Thanks all for your help

Sponsored

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have decals on my Challenger, ben there since 2013 and still look good. I did pay more for quality and it is garaged. That being said, I do not plan to put decals on the Bronco if Ford ever builds me one. To me, its not a vehicle stripes look good on.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put stripe decals on mine and love the look. I also did it knowing I’d likely need to “refresh” it years down the road and I’m ok with that.

If you think you’ll like the look of the decals years from now I say go for it. I think it really completes the look I was going for.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put stripe decals on mine and love the look. I also did it knowing I’d likely need to “refresh” it years down the road and I’m ok with that.

If you think you’ll like the look of the decals years from now I say go for it. I think it really completes the look I was going for.
I think the four door, needs graphics to break up all that paint, where a 2 door doesn't. I was thinking about going with the same style as your's, start small and if a refresh is needed, you can go bigger. Start with Hockey stripe's, and after 4 years one may have to stick with them for life.

Anyone know how difficult it is to remove graphics, a year down the road?

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the four door, needs graphics to break up all that paint, where a 2 door doesn't. I was thinking about going with the same style as your's, start small and if a refresh is needed, you can go bigger. Start with Hockey stripe's, and after 4 years one may have to stick with them for life.

Nothing a little Goo-Gone® followed by isopropyl alcohol won't take off.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3m control tac. Good for 10+ years out doors. Will not fade, fall apart, crack, or shrink. Actually has a 10 year warranty on the material. Leaves no residue when removed. Biggest issue would be paint fade which I’ve never seen on a new vehicle. The 3m lam can be waxed, buffed out, and wheeled as long as you don’t burn through it. I got a decal on my dads gator. Been there 16 years back when I did stickers. I’ll grab a pic of how it held up next time I’m over.

Usually best to buy full color decals from a full service vinyl shop with the good materials, ink, and lam.

Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With a heat gun, they come off very easily. A hairdryer also does the trick.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it makes you happy put them on.
You have no idea what the future has in store for your Bronco.
You may trade it, it may be stolen, crashed up, rust up, paint chipped to hell or it may look perfect.
But you have no idea, by the time the sticker/ decal / wrap looks like crap you may want to paint it or wrap the whole thing or not care anymore because you're having fun driving your electric hover car...
Life's too short to give a crap about a slight fade line on a 10 year old car

My 2 cents....

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you take care of your vehicle it won't look like crap.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’re spending a pretty penny on the bronco, so make it yours and do what you want. Lots of naysayers and haters on this forum for some reason. Everyone has a opinion but they aren’t always right or relevant for that matter. Whatever you do don’t make a post about a loud horn or tires over 37s… that’s when the real gems come out

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put natural, dirt colored decals all over my Bronco. And refresh them as often as possible. They are available in multiple styles and colors, and for all sides (including the undercarriage.) I've heard of people adding them to the interior of the vehicle and passengers as well if the top is off/down during installation.

Ford Bronco Decal longevity question Peters Mill Bronco
Sponsored