Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Estimated. More story telling.

We might find out in 4 days when the official launch actually happens.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
---

https://jalopnik.com/heres-even-more-of-the-2021-land-rover-defender-before-1837967794

---

It looks pretty good on paper.

The real news from this screenshot, aside from clear images of both the interior and exterior, are what appear to be the clearance statistics for the 110 five-door. With a reported 291 mm (11.45 inches) of ground clearance, a 900 mm (35.43 inches) maximum fording depth (which is five inches more than the JL Wrangler can take), and approach, break-over, and departure angles of 38 degrees, 28 degrees and 40 degrees respectively, the Defender is shaping up to be a tough competitor off road.

It definitely has more of a luxury crossover look to it than as a rugged utility it used to have. I get the feeling the parent company Tata is positioning it this way on purpose to make room at the lower end, in luxury / sophistication / technology, for some of its other brands. The Wrangler (and Bronco) is now bookended by two of Tata's vehicles, the Mahindra Roxor (Thar streetable vehicle in other markets) and the Land Rover Defender, both available as 2-doors (and both as 4-doors in other markets).

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The clearance is the most impressive aspect of the new Defender to me. That’s really impressive. It’s looking like it’s shaping up to be a luxury overland vehicle and that’s the best I was hoping for after seeing the mules.

I’m hoping Ford is creating the Bronco as a cheaper version of these. Just simpler and hopefully more capable in more extreme situations. Also more fun with an open roof and top.
The off-road world is creating a perfect slot for the Bronco to fill. That being a Jeep challenger but also a cheaper and more fun overlander alternative. Blending the two is going to be the sweet spot for Ford.

It’s looking like we are on the verge of an off-road renaissance and I’m so excited to see how the Bronco is going to stack up and fit in

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must admit it is a pretty sweet ride if you have stupid money. Looks good with those simple white wheels at 1:15.
I’m sure some companies and rich people are going to create some impressive never attainable versions.

Also, refreshing to see an add with no talking and just the vehicle showing what it does.
Looking at you Chevy and your stupid “real” people adds.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And no Land Rover reveal is complete without a Richard Hammond review

It’s like Mercedes turned the G Wagon into a GLS but it is nice

And TFL going over details

Check out at 9:24 a see through invisible hood camera. That’s awesome

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check out at 9:24 a see through invisible hood camera. That’s awesome
I saw that in the other one too. I wonder how many cameras it takes, and how they stay clean enough to use if you actually took it off road.

Do a dozen under body cameras all have little squirters and wipers?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This seems pretty much perfectly positioned at the 'overlanding' crowd. Should have enough genuine off-road ability to validate the image (even though the vast majority will never go more than on a gravel road), with the right looks, and plenty of accessories and customization ability.

Doesn't appeal to me, personally, but I think they've done a good job at what they set out to do and I imagine it will sell well.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems pretty much perfectly positioned at the 'overlanding' crowd. Should have enough genuine off-road ability to validate the image (even though the vast majority will never go more than on a gravel road), with the right looks, and plenty of accessories and customization ability.

Doesn't appeal to me, personally, but I think they've done a good job at what they set out to do and I imagine it will sell well.
exactly my thoughts, a little too soft for my taste and probably too expensive with some of the basic options. I'm not interested in it but kudos to LR for making something that looks better than squinty eyed jellybean. Digging the steel wheel option too

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah it’s not stupid expensive out of the box. I was surprised to see it at 50 grand but I can only imagine what it’s like maintaining it.
It’s crazy to me how expensive Jeeps have gotten.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I wasn't really expecting ... these things are big.

The 2-door '90' has an good wheelbase at 102", but the 4-door '110' comes in at almost 120" ... it is definitely relying on maxed out airbags murdering the articulation to get that breakover angle. The real killer is the 83" width, geez. And it's not the mirrors...

2020 Land Rover Defender front.png

2020-land-rover-defender-110-01.jpg

Good thing very few people would be willing to take it down a rough trail, it might not fit. Over 80" this thing will need marker lights like a big truck.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah those fenders stick out quite far. It's weird because it appears small and skinny but that track with is wide. Plus is weighs like 5,000 lbs.

Just another reason to be overly cautious and have to baby it.
Sponsored