Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dad actually wants the 2dr, color me shocked.

I figured he'd get a 4dr, he likes his luxury vehicles and while he hasn't test drove one, he's drawn to it, so we'll see.

Actually would be sick if he got one, he has his 2dr he'll never take offroading besides job sites (Demolition) and I'll have my 2dr that I'll take everywhere, be a kinda father and son thing of old world vs new
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was disappointed at the Defender reveal. I was sincerely hoping that seeing one in person might give me a different perspective. With two sitting on the lot, unsold, in Glenwood Springs I can promise you it isn't any better in person. I loved the Defender and it's Series predecessors. This thing they have given the name to isn't it. It is another generic Land/Range Rover design that is out of touch with the original utilitarian purpose. I'm not surprised that they are sitting on a lot instead of in a garage.

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A missed opportunity for sure. Also LR reliability, you don't want those problems. There is a reason rich guys only lease them and poor guys buy them thinking its a steal after they lose 60% of their msrp in 3 years.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on some feedback I saw from the pictures and video thread from today’s event, sounds like some members here may be better off with the Defender

Sponsored

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I previously owned a '94 D-90 NAS. It was an amazing rig. I sold it 7-8 years ago. Yes, I occasionally regret that. When I heard they were finally bringing us a new one I couldn't contain my excitement and was ready to buy. Then I saw it and walked away disappointed. This is coming from a Land Rover die-hard that once had 5 of them in his possession at once. I used to write for the biggest Rover magazines around. I helped organize one of the largest Rover rallies in the States. For over a decade I ate, slept, and lived Land Rovers. I would never have thought one day I'd walk away from them for a Bronco. I was wrong.

The new Bronco is exactly what the new Defender should/could have been. Instead they decided to rebody a Discovery. When I saw the new Bronco I was all-in. The 2-door is perfect for my desires. Just enough creature comforts but enough trail-focus to make weekends fun. I can't wait to get one in my garage.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The towing capacity tempts me on the Defender, but the rear view is . . . disappointing.

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The new ones are a big miss. Wife would love a restored 90/110. That's the only thing we're truly cross-shopping with this Bronco. For those of you that have owned them in the past, how do you feel they'd compare to the new bronco?
Sponsored