Sponsored

Definite answer on 35s on a Black Diamond non SAS et al lower trims?

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well it’s a question I’d like to have answered too. But given the salty responses you’ve gotten I’m glad you asked and not me 😂
Non Sas black diamond here, but wishing for a bit more ground clearance eventually

Sounds like 35s are a bit much, I’ll be going with 33s and the ford bronco performance lift kit when the time comes for new tires, mainly for warranty purposes
33s and a 2 inch lift helped so much! I paired it up with skids to account for bottoming out a little more than the guys on 35s. I’m really happy with it and I think you’ll be too. It keeps it a great daily driver too
Ford Bronco Definite answer on 35s on a Black Diamond non SAS et al lower trims? 07D091A7-6820-4324-8B70-DE8841E4E33B
Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

33s and a 2 inch lift helped so much! I paired it up with skids to account for bottoming out a little more than the guys on 35s. I’m really happy with it and I think you’ll be too. It keeps it a great daily driver too
Ford Bronco Definite answer on 35s on a Black Diamond non SAS et al lower trims? 07D091A7-6820-4324-8B70-DE8841E4E33B
Looks awesome! ❤
Did you do the ford performance lift kit or a different aftermarket brand?

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks awesome! ❤
Did you do the ford performance lift kit or a different aftermarket brand?
I did the zone spacer 2 inch kit. I don’t have any issues with it. However, I’d recommend doing the bilstein 5100 kit. Amazing for the price and they are full shock replacements.

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO the stuff you should look into is the tire weight... generally bigger tire gives you bigger mass however it depends. You may think you are safe with a 33' 285/70/17 baja boss but that one weighs 60lb while OEM Goodyear Mt 35 is 52lb. Size is just one parameter.

Zhang

Black Diamond
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are def more likely to break something with the smaller diff and axles with that combo. I feel like I push it already with a 2-inch lift and 33s.
I see you have a 285 KO2 on your rig, which is almost 60lb and SAS tire is 52lb. I'm really not sure which one have bigger effect on axles
Sponsored