First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, man you can't say stuff like that on this forum. But you're right. Jeep's been doing the removable front "T top" panels with the identical latches for years. The removable middle section on the Bronco is the main difference. Honestly I prefer Jeep's design where the back is just one whole piece you take off. Or, get the soft top because it's more fun/less work anyway. Don't like the wind noise? Turn up the radio. You'll get used to it.
Lol that’s so true 😂 I was shocked to be honest. I sat in it and looked up and went, “huh, I already know how this top works…turn, turn, click…oh hey and it’s off.”
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not to be THAT guy, but I just wanted to point out that there's actually 10 screws for the rear section and not 6. There's 4 per side on the interior and 1 on top on each side.
IMG_20210710_000041_521.jpg
Excellent way to gain a couple cup holders. 😂

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Torrential rain and one trip thru the high-pressure car wash already, ZERO issues with water intrusion.

The way the panels lock back in, I don't see how it would be possible to mis-install them causing a lack of seal. The latches are big, beefy, and obvious, and every quarter turn lever has a "click" point when it reaches fully locked.

There are alignment pins on each panel that have to seat correctly for the latches to lock, it simply won't let you close it otherwise.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm genuinely excited for you folks getting your hands on the Bronco finally. It looks awesome. I have a Badlands on order. I've owned a Jeep Wrangler JK and a Jeep Gladiator (don't come with your pitchforks) with hardtops. I knew with the Bronco I wanted a soft top because a soft top is just a gamechanger - it's so easy to unlatch and push it back.

I've got to say I'm glad I ordered the soft top because if this is an example of one of the "good" hardtops, I'm truly shocked that Ford is letting the long-awaited Bronco roll out from the factory like this. The exterior of the top looks great but that interior underside looks completely not production ready. The hardtops on both Jeeps I've owned look a lot better, especially from the inside. There's a lot to love about the Bronco but so far the MIC isn't one of them for me. Glad to hear function-wise that the seals are keeping out rain, etc., though. I just hate that the Day 1 early adopters appear to be getting a top that's not ready for primetime.
I was on the fence between ordering a hard or soft top. I love the convenience of a soft but concerned about road noise at highway speeds which is why I would order a hard top. Thanks to your post, I'll probably go with a soft top.

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am glad that you folks with a 1st -3rd month reservation holders get to be the guinea pigs of the Bronco builds🐷🐴🐷🐴🐷🐴🐷

my reserv. @ 12/22/20. hopefully all will be corrected when my build is on the assembly line

step up to the line folks get your bronco right here , sign on the dotted line. LOL

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was on the fence between ordering a hard or soft top. I love the convenience of a soft but concerned about road noise at highway speeds which is why I would order a hard top. Thanks to your post, I'll probably go with a soft top.
I used to be firmly in the hard top camp with my Jeeps. I liked the cleaner lines vs. the soft top and thought wind noise/heat and cold would really diminish the everyday comfort. I was wrong. Is there more wind noise vs a hard top? Yes. But even at 70 mph wind noise in my Jeep isn't intolerable. It becomes part of the character of the rig. The best part of a soft top to me is that it enhances the modularity of the vehicle. I live in the South where especially in the summertime a rain shower can pop up about every day. With a hard top you really have to carefully pick and choose your days going topless. With a soft top, pull the two latches, push it back and you're on your way home from work with open air above you. No fussing with storing panels and so on. I think Bestop is creating a sunrider for the Bronco. I highly recommend those as a good compromise. Just like in the Wrangler, it's a soft top that replaces the removable front panels.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Speaking to delivered two door Hard Tops, below is a pic supplied by another Canadian Member here at B6G, showing the 2 Door Outer Banks that arrived in Calgary this weekend (Advantage Ford). It's their Mannequin, Jordan (sales rep) was quick to confirm it is not for sale - but it's available to test drive. The pic shows it less the hard top, and he wasn't even certain that it came with a top at all (he had to check the Window Sticker himself). Turns out it IS equipped with a MIC - BUT he's not sure why they removed it. Possibly just to showcase the "Open Air experience" Bronco offers, but given it's one of the few 2 doors I/(we?) have seen released to dealers and destined for eventual sale / not destruction or on a quick tour, I would like to get to the bottom of the story and find out if this rig has a roof that's sellable.

Who is in Calgary? I am an hour and a half away.

Ford Bronco Delivered MIC Hardtop Roof: Close-up Pics of Exterior, Interior Finishes 1626117783359

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Obviously the shitshow that is Webasto's production of Molded-in-Color hardtops for Bronco has caused issues throughout the last year, and now seeing dozens of Broncos parked outside of MAP with "Bad Roof" chalked on their windows isn't helping matters.

The interior is about what I expected from similar composite roof shells. It has an okay finish but is obviously not designed to look as polished as the exterior. There is some variance in color, and in broader flat sections of the roof the shape of the honeycomb structure is visible. I suspect that the inclusion of the free headliner was to cover these inconsistencies. Not necessarily quality issues, as that is the design of this type of roof, but to provide a more polished interior finish.

20210712_094615.jpg
20210712_094603.jpg
Those interior pictures do not look good to me. It definitely looks like quality issues and I would not be happy if that was my roof.

Last edited:

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. If it were any longer it would extend up past the top of the window glass.

2. It's way better than the Jeep's... at least on the Bronco they maximized the coverage where it's useful...

Ford Bronco Delivered MIC Hardtop Roof: Close-up Pics of Exterior, Interior Finishes 1626117783359
I guess some people want 3 FJ wipers in the back lol

Sponsored

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those interior pictures do not look good to me.
The more I look at it the worse it is. Not to mention the headliners look like the carpet from a 1980s pontoon boat. There's a difference between having some "first year issues" and releasing a product you know wasn't ready. I feel like some people are getting the shaft with these early hardtops.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to be firmly in the hard top camp with my Jeeps. I liked the cleaner lines vs. the soft top and thought wind noise/heat and cold would really diminish the everyday comfort. I was wrong. Is there more wind noise vs a hard top? Yes. But even at 70 mph wind noise in my Jeep isn't intolerable. It becomes part of the character of the rig. The best part of a soft top to me is that it enhances the modularity of the vehicle. I live in the South where especially in the summertime a rain shower can pop up about every day. With a hard top you really have to carefully pick and choose your days going topless. With a soft top, pull the two latches, push it back and you're on your way home from work with open air above you. No fussing with storing panels and so on. I think Bestop is creating a sunrider for the Bronco. I highly recommend those as a good compromise. Just like in the Wrangler, it's a soft top that replaces the removable front panels.
You make a good point about picking your days. I owned a motorcycle for 14 years and you really had to be aware of and plan for all possibilities. The soft top allows the freedom to enjoy a beautiful day and the safety of having the top just in case it does turn bad. Cabin noise on the highway was concern of mine with a soft top jeep that I rented a few months ago but it can't be any worse than riding my Harley. There's no question now which direction I'm going.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You make a good point about picking your days. I owned a motorcycle for 14 years and you really had to be aware of and plan for all possibilities. The soft top allows the freedom to enjoy a beautiful day and the safety of having the top just in case it does turn bad. Cabin noise on the highway was concern of mine with a soft top jeep that I rented a few months ago but it can't be any worse than riding my Harley. There's no question now which direction I'm going.
Reminded me of taking a drive up through Cherokee National Park in my Miata days. Went from sunny to hailstorm quick! At least the top on that thing didn't require even getting out of the car to throw it back up. LOL The one thing I loved though? Even though there was wind noise, there were speakers in the headrests - upgraded those and the wind noise was no longer a problem.

I like the full soft top idea, but I am personally not a fan of the TrekTop style though. I may be stuck with the hardtop/sunrider panel until a better option comes along.
Sponsored