Sponsored

Depressed and Frustrated (WARNING: Reservation Rant inside)

OP
OP
DieselSmack

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea I just joined bronco6g just to see if people have the same frustration as me. 7/20/20 res $1500 deposit. I caved in and bought parts when I got my build date 1/17/22. So I got parts and no bronco
I've had the Bronco 'classic' badging sitting in a spare bedroom for....5 months now? I feel you

btw - Welcome to the forum...! Sorry it can't be under better circumstances lol
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am really getting frustrated and stretched thin here, and almost no one in my life understands.

I'm a car guy, like most of you on this forum, but this entire experience has become so much more frustrating than I could've foreseen. Ever since I was a teenager I have prided myself in my choice of vehicle and my ability to purchase it without any help. When I have a bad day, a drive in my car always cheered me up. Its an activity and passion of mine that is provided years of happiness and great memories.

I'm a July 2020 res, February 2021 order, October 2021 RE-order, and nothing. Not a peep from my dealer, not a word from Ford customer service, and no indication of timeline. I have called Ford Canada Customer Service monthly, dropped the hardtop, dropped the tow-packge. but just silence. I am told about the commodity restraints, I even work in automotive supply chain management so the restraints are not something new to me. But the piss-poor communication to passionate customers is unacceptable.

And the hardest part? I have a 15-minute drive to my office in the mornings and I see no less than 4 sasquatch 4 door broncos on my way to work. I don't even look at them anymore, I turn my head away. I'm happy for everyone who has a Bronco, I really am. I want to join all of you and post pictures, I want to show off my mods, I want to meet all of you at local events and geek out over builds. But instead I'm watching people take delivery of trucks without reservations.

@Ford Motor Company: Where is my bronco? Why am I seeing near-identical builds to mine? Why can't you just give me a timeline? SOMETHING!

Two years ago I was with all of you, reading every spy article, looking at the leaked pictures, watching the first ones land with reviewers and rewatching that Doug Demuro video a dozen times. I even have Bronco swag in my closet that I used to proudly wear, but I can't even look at it without getting a sadness wash over me.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but never in my life has a company taken my passion and excitement, and flipped it to almost a depressive and melancholic attitude toward a $60K truck. I literally just want to give Ford my money for their own product.

I don't want to cancel my order. I just want my Bronco @Ford Motor Company. Please, please clear out those reserved orders, or at the very least, just communicate.

EDIT 1: Guys thank you so much for the support. I love this community and all the kind words from everyone are nice to read. I wish @Ford cared enough about us to say something, but we're "all in this together"
My response to the "I see no less than 4 sasquatch 4 door broncos on my way to work." comment is ALLOCATIONS. They obviously picked a dealership that had more allocations than your dealership has.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am really getting frustrated and stretched thin here, and almost no one in my life understands.

I'm a car guy, like most of you on this forum, but this entire experience has become so much more frustrating than I could've foreseen. Ever since I was a teenager I have prided myself in my choice of vehicle and my ability to purchase it without any help. When I have a bad day, a drive in my car always cheered me up. Its an activity and passion of mine that is provided years of happiness and great memories.

I'm a July 2020 res, February 2021 order, October 2021 RE-order, and nothing. Not a peep from my dealer, not a word from Ford customer service, and no indication of timeline. I have called Ford Canada Customer Service monthly, dropped the hardtop, dropped the tow-packge. but just silence. I am told about the commodity restraints, I even work in automotive supply chain management so the restraints are not something new to me. But the piss-poor communication to passionate customers is unacceptable.

And the hardest part? I have a 15-minute drive to my office in the mornings and I see no less than 4 sasquatch 4 door broncos on my way to work. I don't even look at them anymore, I turn my head away. I'm happy for everyone who has a Bronco, I really am. I want to join all of you and post pictures, I want to show off my mods, I want to meet all of you at local events and geek out over builds. But instead I'm watching people take delivery of trucks without reservations.

@Ford Motor Company: Where is my bronco? Why am I seeing near-identical builds to mine? Why can't you just give me a timeline? SOMETHING!

Two years ago I was with all of you, reading every spy article, looking at the leaked pictures, watching the first ones land with reviewers and rewatching that Doug Demuro video a dozen times. I even have Bronco swag in my closet that I used to proudly wear, but I can't even look at it without getting a sadness wash over me.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but never in my life has a company taken my passion and excitement, and flipped it to almost a depressive and melancholic attitude toward a $60K truck. I literally just want to give Ford my money for their own product.

I don't want to cancel my order. I just want my Bronco @Ford Motor Company. Please, please clear out those reserved orders, or at the very least, just communicate.

EDIT 1: Guys thank you so much for the support. I love this community and all the kind words from everyone are nice to read. I wish @Ford cared enough about us to say something, but we're "all in this together"
I agree with all of your statements. Almost a 2 year wait here is well. Finally scheduled in June for build but already pushed back a week. Until it is in my garage....too much can still happen (more push backs, dirt mountain?, shipping issues). I have a great Dealer but FORD has dropped the ball on this release....they have caused severe harm to their reputation and to loyal long term Ford Owners. I personally will never order a vehicle again. If it is not on the lot....not buying it. Hopefully you get a build scheduled soon.

Sponsored

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is frustrating. Ford did a horrendous job with communication. The flip flop on allocation vs reservation was really a stab in the eye for a lot of people.
I was a 7/15 res. 2 door BL. 2.3 Stick, non SAS. I didn’t compromise on the tow and 2 door. Right from the start went with the mod package, sacrificing luxury for the off road tech.
Took delivery 4/22. Small dealership, not a ton of allocations. With tow. I think the chips for the high and lux options don’t help.
The process absolutely sucked. But the vehicle really is incredible. Hang in there.
Shout out to Ford of Northampton in MA, no markups or extra charges. Honored MSRP, no BS.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the wait continues very much longer, there will be other options for us consumers who are looking to buy a " Bronco Type" 4x4. VW just announced they are reviving the "International Scout", timed for 2026:

May 11 - Volkswagen Group will launch an all-electric pick-up and rugged SUV in the United States. The decision of the Board of Management was confirmed today by the Supervisory Board of the Volkswagen Group.

The vehicles will be designed, engineered, and manufactured in the U.S. for American customers. To this end, a separate, independent company will be established in the U.S. this year as the Volkswagen Group moves the strong iconic U.S.-brand Scout into the electric vehicle space. The first prototypes are to be unveiled next year, and production is scheduled to start in 2026. The electrified Scout brand will be built upon a new technical platform concept which brings new pickup and RUV credibility beyond the existing Volkswagen Group portfolio.
4-5 year wait

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had the Bronco 'classic' badging sitting in a spare bedroom for....5 months now? I feel you

btw - Welcome to the forum...! Sorry it can't be under better circumstances lol
I fianlly received my 2021 Bronco in April/May of 2022...it was built in dec 2021.....sat on ice, mud, dirt mountain for @4-6 months....6 weeks of that could have been at a train depot....no one knows or isn't saying .....Reading what you shared brought me back to the roller coaster of buying this bronco....It became such a disappointment and basically a pain in the ass.......until I picked it up....I can honestly say...it was worth the wait...I do enjoy owning it (yes I bought a Jeep Rubicon during the wait---and enjoy owning...its a really nice rig....and it has the advantage of a few cycles of R&D and product improvement...The Bronco 2.0 will be better ...it needs some futher R&D to truly shine...I am not unhappy with it...but the Bronco can be improved...

Another member suggested to stop reading the Bronco forums...I agree...Reading the forums as helpful as they are..only created addtional anxiety about not getting current or accurate information from FORD...Out of sight ...out of mind so to speak.....I hate ADM's...and I have not ever paid one...but honestly...I had a chance at a bronco 1 year earler with $5k ADM...I should have offered @$2500 ADM and got that bronco and enjoyed the past year making memories...I was to stubborn and lost a year enjoying a bronco ...life is short....My advice...try to find one @$2500ADM and buy it and enjoy it....Also ...I got a Wildtrak....msrp like $59K....I drove a $46K Bronco and loved it every bit as much as my $59K bronco...so maybe consider buying a lower spec'd one ?

thanks for sharing your thoughts and know that you aren't the only one feeling this way---

Take Care

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right....this is ridiculous. It's a truck...not your 1st born!

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here i thought i had it bad... I ordered(no res)on October 13th 2021. Only thing i dropped was the tow and i chose soft top over the hard top because of quality issues and waits. I did a HPR Badlands 4dr, lux, MGV interior, optional beadlocks. Had a build date by early December. Build date was 2/14 but it was something. Then late January came and the annoyances started. i had 8 or 9 date pushes(no emails about most of them) in a row. 2 weekends in a row it was pushed twice... Then i kinda started to not worry too much anymore because at least i was scheduled and it wasn't moving. Then i got the IN Production email and now my excitement came back as well as my impatience... Was built/blended on 5/2 and got the Built email on 5/4. Was on a train by 5/5 and in MN by 5/13 or so. Now its been sitting on a train car waiting to get unloaded because storms rolled thru 2 different times over a week period of time and a bunch of cars got hailed on and the people from Ford are dealing with them before they move the ones currently on train cars. I'm still hoping it hits the delivery window but i'm getting impatient now knowing its only 75-80 miles away. I can't imagine not getting any info at all. I'm lucky i ordered at a local small town dealership that only had a few orders from the store and mine will be the first customer order to be delivered. On a side note if you're really desperate to get in one my local dealership has a silver OuterBanks 4 door soft top mannequin they are selling at MSRP. I think it has some miles on it now but its got a Ford Lifetime powertrain warranty on it...

Sponsored

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, 2022 2-Door BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That's insane if your order is now a soft top and you STILL have not been scheduled. o_O

My advice is to DEFINITELY make a backup order at a different dealer. Hell, make 2 if you have to and just take delivery of whichever comes first.

You shouldn't have to put all your eggs in 1 forgotten basket, as this disorder is not our fault; Ford mired this 'system' up and keeps wasting chips (arguably one of the most precious commodities behind hard top) on new orders with 'less constraints' and/or orders for seemingly random dealerships.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Order the identical build at a different dealership
Good advice. Or do what I did and order the same vehicle from the same dealership minus the Sasquatch and MIC top. Out of frustration, I went that route on 12//09/21, and it was delivered 123 days later.

Still crickets on my 7/20/20 reservation ordered Jan. 2021 and reordered October 2021. I will buy it when it comes in hopefully later this year and my adult daughter is buying our soft top Bronco. FWIW, to the untrained eye, it appears to have the Sasquatch package as it's riding on Sasquatch wheels with 35" Wildpeaks and a 1.25" leveling kit.

Ford Bronco Depressed and Frustrated (WARNING: Reservation Rant inside) Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 8.37.29 AM

Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Diesel,
I changed from 2 door to four, dropped Squatch, tow and opted for soft top with prep kit to get my truck in Antimatter Blue. I can only hope that you get picked up for production and get your Bronco. All of us first day reservation holders and early orders did go through the wringer. Stay strong.
Sponsored