First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So back in July I decided it was time for a new ride because my 05 gmc has gotten to the point where every time I turn around something is checking out on me first it was the injection pump then the injectors then the turbo then the water pump. Got all that done and still not running right. Found the fuel pressure relief valve was sticking open. Anyway so I started looking for something new. Looked at alot of cars and trucks couldn't find anything that was avalible right away that wasn't a silver blog. Not being much of a ford guy I had forgotten about the bronco coming back. That is until I saw one go by on the high way after making a few call to bigger dealers in my area and finding out they all wanted 15 to 20k adm and the older banks were closed. I called a small private owned dealer about an hour away to ask about a used Warner they had. Ended up talking to the owner and he told me he actually had a dealer stock order that ford hadn't pick up yet and I could spec it how I wanted other then it had to be a big bend soft top non sas with the 2.3 and auto. Which worked out because I was looking at the big bend any way. So I spec out my build to him made my $1000 deposit. He told me it would be about 4 months and we'll I got a uild date of 10/12. I am overjoyed to be getting my bronco but at the same time feel kind of guilty because I know some of you have been waiting to years and are still waiting. So I feel like I cheated the system alittle.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not really. Basically Ford never invested in the tooling to make enough hard tops. So they can only build about 70-75% of builds as hard tops, the rest have to be soft.

Only about 12% of folks actually ordered the soft top, so if the dealer doesn't have any other orders that can be built, a soft top Big Bend or Outer Banks goes straight to the front of the line.

You should have been able to spec a stick shift though. Ford has never officially admitted that the manual is constrained.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4 door soft tops with the four banger get scho quicker than anything else.

Perk 22

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had been looking everywhere and couldnt find a Bronco in my price range in any state. Actually found one 40 miles away. Bought it on the spot. Just got lucky, the dealer had it for 10 days and only one person looked at it.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So back in July I decided it was time for a new ride because my 05 gmc has gotten to the point where every time I turn around something is checking out on me first it was the injection pump then the injectors then the turbo then the water pump. Got all that done and still not running right. Found the fuel pressure relief valve was sticking open. Anyway so I started looking for something new. Looked at alot of cars and trucks couldn't find anything that was avalible right away that wasn't a silver blog. Not being much of a ford guy I had forgotten about the bronco coming back. That is until I saw one go by on the high way after making a few call to bigger dealers in my area and finding out they all wanted 15 to 20k adm and the older banks were closed. I called a small private owned dealer about an hour away to ask about a used Warner they had. Ended up talking to the owner and he told me he actually had a dealer stock order that ford hadn't pick up yet and I could spec it how I wanted other then it had to be a big bend soft top non sas with the 2.3 and auto. Which worked out because I was looking at the big bend any way. So I spec out my build to him made my $1000 deposit. He told me it would be about 4 months and we'll I got a uild date of 10/12. I am overjoyed to be getting my bronco but at the same time feel kind of guilty because I know some of you have been waiting to years and are still waiting. So I feel like I cheated the system alittle.
Glad it worked out for you! You just ordered an unconstrained build so there’s nothing to feel bad about.

The guys waiting years are uncompromising on their constrained builds and often times hundreds of spots back at a volume dealer paying under invoice. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with waiting for exactly what you want but your flexibility and willingness to pay market price will have you driving your bronco in no time.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more desirable trims have the longest wait times. If an early reservation holder wanted a 4 door, soft top 4 cylinder trim with mid package then chances are they already got it. If one opts for a MIC equipped WT or Badlands with V6 SAS and anything 2 door or towing it's gonna be a minute.

I'm glad you got your Bronco already but there's a reason why Ford was able to turn it around quickly and it's because it's low demand with easily accessible parts.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not really. Basically Ford never invested in the tooling to make enough hard tops. So they can only build about 70-75% of builds as hard tops, the rest have to be soft.

Only about 12% of folks actually ordered the soft top, so if the dealer doesn't have any other orders that can be built, a soft top Big Bend or Outer Banks goes straight to the front of the line.

You should have been able to spec a stick shift though. Ford has never officially admitted that the manual is constrained.
Numbers to back up?

My hunch for 2021 was maybe 75% softtops, especially since standard build is soft, and hard is an upgrade. Their original thinking was probably that 100% of Broncos would have soft tops and that anyone ordering a hard top would go for the dual top option.

If I had a hard top now that only cost me $2000 a year ago and did not use it I would be selling it for $9000 just like all the others

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The more desirable trims have the longest wait times. If an early reservation holder wanted a 4 door, soft top 4 cylinder trim with mid package then chances are they already got it. If one opts for a MIC equipped WT or Badlands with V6 SAS and anything 2 door or towing it's gonna be a minute.

I'm glad you got your Bronco already but there's a reason why Ford was able to turn it around quickly and it's because it's low demand with easily accessible parts.
I disagree that it’s a low demand Bronco or a less desirable one. I believe BL and WT make up over 50% of B6G builds but that makes sense since this is an enthusiast driven site which caters to modding and off-roading your Bronco.

I bet if we had access to Ford’s sales figures for the general public we’d see the complete opposite with 2.3 Auto BB/OBX making up a large majority of orders compared to our bubble.

If I had to guess, the disconnect here is that Ford expected the trim splits to favor BB/OBX long term but didn’t factor in enough BL/WT fully loaded reservations out of the gate thus the constraints.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah we did the same. Ordered an identical bronco in January 22 and received it in May 22. Now we are stuck in purgatory with the Black Diamond that is built and released but has not shipped and has been parked at the plant for 16 days now.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BB, soft-top, non-sas, 2.3 is the most common built Bronco because it's the easiest for Ford to build (constraint wise). I bet at least half of dealer demos and a good portion of dealer stock Broncos were a similar build.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, you most definitely did not cheat the system with a Big Bend Non-Squatch 2.3 mid packaged soft top. The dealer would have gotten it as a stock unit anyhow. Don't feel guilty and enjoy your Bronco instead.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats! Dropping heavily restrained items and finding the right dealer who has few sales compared to allocations is the smart thing to do if you want one sooner.

I got impatient last December waiting for my 7/20/20 reservation and ordered from my same dealer a 2nd Bronco minus the MIC, Sasquatch, and tow(I kept the LUX and 2.7L). It arrived only 123 days later and now has almost 12,000 miles on it. My original 1/29/21 order with Sasquatch/MIC/LUX/2.7/HD Modular is scheduled for the week of 11/14. My adult daughter will buy the one we own now.

OP
OP
Jer8716

Jer8716

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q996 pontiac firebird
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did opt for the 4.27 locker, mod bumper a d mid package.
Ford Bronco Did i cheat the system Screenshot_20221018_082337_Chrome
Sponsored