Sponsored

Did My Dealer Prioritize Stock Order Over My Order?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unfortunately, I have a sneaking suspicion here... They have 6 (yes 6) new Braptors on their lot that showed up fairly recently, all highly optioned. I can see the window stickers for these but (obviously) do not have order numbers. I don't suppose there is any way to see if they used an allocation for a stock order instead of giving it to me? I have my order with them and they placed the order with FMC back in Jan. it is priority code 10. My order is practically no options. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truthful answer? Possibly.
dealer answer? Of course not!
My answer? Yes they did, duh!

could be any combination of above, or it could be those were all ordered before yours. The dealer I got my Badlands from, had 4 Raptors on the new lot, all with minimum 25K markup, and 1 one the used lot for $130,000.
Im guessing they were all “refused by customer 😉” Raptors.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Raptor's are a separate allocation I'm pretty sure since they are Ford Performance vehicles.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am going to report you to the FP police.

just joking.

good thinking though. When one orders a vehicle from Ford, the window sticker will read "SPECIAL ORDER". I wonder what the window sticker reads when it is a dealer order? I reached out to my dealership to ask. But I think dealer orders reads "RETAIL"

Apologies for trying to add some sense and logic to a thread on this forum, I forgot the rules :ROFLMAO:

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

just joking.

good thinking though. When one orders a vehicle from Ford, the window sticker will read "SPECIAL ORDER". I wonder what the window sticker reads when it is a dealer order? I reached out to my dealership to ask. But I think dealer orders reads "RETAIL"
And we also have had a bunch of users on here complain that their dealer listed their Bronco on their website without understanding that Ford does that automatically without the dealer's input. The bottom line is that just because a dealer shows X amount of Broncos on their website, doesn't mean it is so when you factor in sold orders.

And from what I know, the dealer has no say in allocation, unless maybe in a special situation where, say, someone's Bronco get's totaled during shipment and the dealer gets special permission for the customer to go to the front of the line.

My guess is that Ford is allocating the higher level options more often than lower level. And there are plenty of people on this forum that have been waiting for years, and many others that have gone from order to delivery in less than a year (myself included).

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

just joking.

I see the "SPECIAL ORDER" on some Raptor Stickers now, would love to see the OP's dealership website and see if any Raptors say anything other than "SPECIAL ORDER". My fear is that the dealer is requesting last minute ADM and causing the customer to changes their minds :(

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMEE5JR0PLB41673
https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMEE5JR4PLB41675
https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMEE5JR9PLB41672

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wondering how a mid size dealership in San Diego rates 6 Raptors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the info all!

All of those Raptors had blend dates within the last week and the dealer is very close to the MAP. Now, today, they are all no longer on their website. Suspect customer orders, but seems a bit odd that they would all be built in the same week.

I think I can get a VIN (or two) from my browser cache when I get home in a bit.

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

More transparency and/ or communication from Ford regarding in-process orders would help, no?

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
More transparency and/ or communication from Ford regarding in-process orders would help, no?
Would be nice, pipe dream.

My sales person (and perhaps my dealer generally) is extremely infrequent and concise in all communications. I'm sure largely due to them largely also being in the dark...

The issue here may be with FMC or with the dealer. I'm more interested in the latter as there is the possibility of ethical issues - they claim to have a "line" but for profit reasons might not be adhering to it.

If FMC has no "line" and places highly optioned vehicles ahead in line, too bad for me being "cheap". That is also 100% up to them and also up to them to not communicate to me 😉.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Two of these 6 VINs:

1FMEE5JR2PLB23241
1FMEE5JRXPLB23133

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Keep checking the online window sticker with those VINs. One the buyer takes delivery. The online window sticker will disappear

Two of these 6 VINs:

1FMEE5JR2PLB23241
1FMEE5JRXPLB23133
Sponsored