Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for reminding us. I was triggered by the steels!
Sponsored

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, the tougher question is 2-door BD ManSquatch vs. BL Manual Non-Squatched. Both extremely capable rigs. I think I'm leaning more towards the BL for a couple several reasons:
1. Most likely marginally better On Road MPG with 33's vs. 35's (it will be a DD as well as Weekend warrior)
2. "Late Availability" on ManSquatch
3. Modular Roof Option on BL
4. Not having to add a disco and front locker down the road
5. Signature Headlights and LED Tail lamps

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah once you squatch a BD the sway bar DQ is the major difference. Might check out that 6G home built B&P to look at the numbers. It’s a pretty helpful spreadsheet I use often.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here is a nice side by side comparison pulled from Here. More options available on the BL.
BDvsBL.jpg

Capture.JPG
Looks like the black diamond starts with a 4cyl vs the 6 in the badlands.

Sponsored

ejkre

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, don't know for sure, but Badlands could get body match roof option, and painted black option, and Black Diamond you might be stuck with only the MIC Gray roof? If you are going soft top, it won't matter.
So this is from Ford's website underneath "Optional" for the BD

"Dual Tops - Modular Hard Top Body Color-Painted + Black Soft Top (4-Door Only)"

Does it mean that the modular, body color top is only available for the 4 door?

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So this is from Ford's website underneath "Optional" for the BD

"Dual Tops - Modular Hard Top Body Color-Painted + Black Soft Top (4-Door Only)"

Does it mean that the modular, body color top is only available for the 4 door?
I have yet to see a soft top for the 2 door so guessing it would mean no dual tops on 2 door

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the guage cluster is also a little different starting with the Badlands . It list a "High Level Instrument panel " as standard .

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the guage cluster is also a little different starting with the Badlands . It list a "High Level Instrument panel " as standard .
Yes I forgot about that.

Sponsored

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that its a major deal, for some it might be, but all indications to date seem to be that Badlands gets the orange/yellow interior accent colors and BD gets the electric blue color regardless of whatever interior seat color option there may be
It’s a big deal to me.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, the tougher question is 2-door BD ManSquatch vs. BL Manual Non-Squatched. Both extremely capable rigs. I think I'm leaning more towards the BL for a couple several reasons:
1. Most likely marginally better On Road MPG with 33's vs. 35's (it will be a DD as well as Weekend warrior)
2. "Late Availability" on ManSquatch
3. Modular Roof Option on BL
4. Not having to add a disco and front locker down the road
5. Signature Headlights and LED Tail lamps
I’m in the same predicament now. Does anyone know if it’s confirmed that the BL will get the front locker, and upgraded Dana44 rears standard like they said a few months ago? I didn’t see the actual specs on axles on Fords site.

Saxon

Badlands
First Name
Saxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that its a major deal, for some it might be, but all indications to date seem to be that Badlands gets the orange/yellow interior accent colors and BD gets the electric blue color regardless of whatever interior seat color option there may be
This is the issue for me. I have a reservation for the Badlands, but since they added the Velocity Blue, that is my color. The Yellow interior would look horrible with the Velocity blue on the doors. The grab handles, I would assume, could be changed, but the stitching in the seat would stay. They really should give more interior options on each model.

This has me looking at the Black Diamond with lockers front and rear. I would like to have the sway bar disconnect, but not a deal breaker. I would like to add aftermarket 33" tires, but need to figure out clearances, without stepping up to the SAS.

Headed to Moab today, hopefully Ford will have a rep at the Moab 4x4 Expo that can answer a few of these questions.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating between the BD and BL. 2.7l engine, squatch with mid package. The price difference is over $3K for signature lights, rear LED lights and sway bar disconnect. The suspensions and lift I believe are the same once you get the squatch. Im fine with both interiors and accent colors. Am I missing something else? Trying to decide if its worth the price or not. Thoughts?

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Yellow interior would look horrible with the Velocity blue on the doors.
Except it doesn't look bad. Blue and yellow are complimentary colors and it will actually look pretty good. It's going to tie into the color of the badge on the outside of the truck. Even if you have a 2 door and the blue comes through the door card it will still look good. I think a lot of people are way overreacting to the colored stitching.
Sponsored