First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only difference >> the OP wanted a Wildtrak instead of a Badlands and thus subconsciously made up what he was hearing.
If the Wildtrak was such the cats mammaries they would have based the Raptor and Heritage Limited on those instead of the Badlands 🥱

OP
OP
JohnZi

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't one have carpeting and the other rubber flooring? I've heard a few people mention that it makes a difference in the outside cabin noise between the two as well. Probably does the same for exhaust sounds.

Hmm both have carpets.

Also as I mentioned, we were both using Normal mode for that comparison test.
The only thing I am not sure of is if the other car has LUX package. Maybe that would be it. Definitely, it's something going on there and maybe we will get some answers in the future.

Thanks for the replies!

OP
OP
JohnZi

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do both/either have the high package? High package has extra sound deadening under the hood and at the firewall.
I have the high package for sure and I have sound deadening under the hood. I need to check with the other car though, as I am not sure what's his trim.

In your Wildtrak, do you have the under hood sound deadening? How is your engine sound?

Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea I have a Wildtrak with the high package. My engine sounds "fine" but I've never had an opportunity to compare to a Badlands. I've had 2 Wildtrak's with similar engine feel.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmm both have carpets.

Also as I mentioned, we were both using Normal mode for that comparison test.
The only thing I am not sure of is if the other car has LUX package. Maybe that would be it. Definitely, it's something going on there and maybe we will get some answers in the future.

Thanks for the replies!
Badlands most certainly doesn’t have carpet floors.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is additional sound deadening with the high and LUX packages. That could be difference you hear.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has carpeting if you choose leather seats. The wash out flooring only comes with MGV.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So at some point, I owned two Broncos. "Both were badlands but one was with the High package, the other was the Lux package. I did notice that the Lux Bronco sounded a whole lot better than the High Bronco. The High sounded more flat and quiet, the Lux sounded more sporty, throaty, deeper and I loved it.

BroncoWyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting because there is a noticeable difference in engine noise/tone when I shift my 2.3L 7MT Badlands from Normal to Sport mode. It sounds waaaay more aggressive with my driving style the same. AFAIK the Bronco doesn't have any sort of active exhaust either.
Kind of off topic, but you have Sport mode? I have a 2.3L MT Badlands as well and it doesn't have sport mode. I have read that you can use Baja mode and shift to 2H to get the same affect.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of off topic, but you have Sport mode? I have a 2.3L MT Badlands as well and it doesn't have sport mode. I have read that you can use Baja mode and shift to 2H to get the same affect.
Yeah I used Forscan to add it. Haven't tried Baja to verify if its the same or not.

OP
OP
JohnZi

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I chose leather seats so I have carpet for sure in my badlands

So at some point, I owned two Broncos. "Both were badlands but one was with the High package, the other was the Lux package. I did notice that the Lux Bronco sounded a whole lot better than the High Bronco. The High sounded more flat and quiet, the Lux sounded more sporty, throaty, deeper and I loved it.
yeah I am afraid that might be the case. I wish I knew it before because I certainly like that deeper sound better!

no, I don't have sport mode. I used that hack with baja mode you mentioned about. It's still not the same sound I heard in Wildtrak.
Sponsored