Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been looking for differential drop options and only see RC.... , what's everybody using, any suggestions are appreciated ? Currently running KO2 37's on Fox 2.5 coli overs on my 4dr SAS Badlands.
Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RC is the only one I've heard of. Demand looks to be pretty low but it seems like there's a little room in the market for a premium quality version. RC has only ever let me down.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed the other day that superlift has one as part of their 3.5" kit. I contacted them to get some info regarding it and they informed me it would not be for sale individually.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't. Diff drops are not a good solution. You shouldn't be lifting an IFS that high to encounter issues anyways.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed the other day that superlift has one as part of their 3.5" kit. I contacted them to get some info regarding it and they informed me it would not be for sale individually.
I saw the same thing and found Summit carries superlift replacement pieces. Coulnd't find any listings for the 3" lift components. The 5" lift diff drop looks like it requires the uprights.

The superlift 3" kit includes front and rear brackets. I think the instructions mention a spacer for the 3rd mounting location.

Edit: Link to install pdf. https://superlift.com/images/ePIM/original/9730.pdf

Ford Bronco Differential drop options? 1694191328139

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Don't. Diff drops are not a good solution. You shouldn't be lifting an IFS that high to encounter issues anyways.

I disagree, the SAS package already puts the CVs at a angle at ride height. add 2" more lift or ride height and CV angle becomes an issue especially if you have a set up that keeps all of the available compression and droop travel. The CVs can and do bind and additionally the boots wear out MUCH faster.

A 1-2" diff dropped reduces the angle on the CVs and returns them to a near OEM condition at ride height.

on my setup Im using ford springs and factory shocks, and I have 12" of front wheel travel with ZERO bind 2" taller that SAS ride height and factory CV geometry at ride height. this is because of my diff drop.

as the video says near the end, a diff drop enables more droop than factory geometry allows for. I have 2" more droop than OEM. even with the ride height taller.

Last edited:

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw the same thing and found Summit carries superlift replacement pieces. Coulnd't find any listings for the 3" lift components. The 5" lift diff drop looks like it requires the uprights.

The superlift 3" kit includes front and rear brackets. I think the instructions mention a spacer for the 3rd mounting location.

Edit: Link to install pdf. https://superlift.com/images/ePIM/original/9730.pdf

Ford Bronco Differential drop options? 1694191328139
The part you circled on the right is the rear track bar bracket.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the RC diff drop bracket...its just a bracket and a spacer. Not much there for RC to F up. There was a member here that was working on one, but must have lost interest. Think his business is called AC fab?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the RC diff drop bracket...its just a bracket and a spacer. Not much there for RC to F up. There was a member here that was working on one, but must have lost interest. Think his business is called AC fab?
@Oscargrouch323 i believe is his forum name and yes. ACFAB has one coming to market. In fact I think he brought a few to Colorado to install for people so go find him!

I’m trying to get my hands on one of his kits soon to run as I agree with @BigMeatsBronco 100%

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The front end geometric design envelope is pretty tight. Not much tolerance beyond SAS geometry. CV angles climb quickly. Surprised there is not more interest in diff drops. Hard to see how a small <2” diff drop doesn’t make good sense for >2” lifts (spacer or spring compression).

5BB8B10C-ADA5-4543-9D23-54DB99093EB4.jpeg

4D6F4866-6844-46D5-A730-2AD38A41BC99.jpeg

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Oscargrouch323 i believe is his forum name and yes. ACFAB has one coming to market. In fact I think he brought a few to Colorado to install for people so go find him!

I’m trying to get my hands on one of his kits soon to run as I agree with @BigMeatsBronco 100%
I’ve been waiting on the AC-FAB one also, but his last update on it was way back in May.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I was also waiting for more info on ac-fab diff drop. I thought the initial version only drops the forward two mounts but not the aft. ?? Definitely curious for an update.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I was also waiting for more info on ac-fab diff drop. I thought the initial version only drops the forward two mounts but not the aft. ?? Definitely curious for an update.
I just spoke to him. Mods here banned him because people talked his product but he didn’t pay the admins a monthly advertisement fee.

Reach out to him on IG @ACFAB

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is anyone dropping the rack along with the diff to help those angles also?
Edit: Never mind I forgot about the effect on bump steer.
Sponsored

Last edited: