Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Free installation is a good way to get you to buy Ford accessories not to mention invoice price on them, too. Now if only we knew what these accessories were. Too bad wheels aren’t currently included
Wonder if "wheels" includes tires?
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm gonna pay for the dealer installed kick in the nuts every time I say......"Hmmm, Ford offers a tandem bike/canoe rack that converts to a 6 person picnic table......I gotta have that"

Probably gonna up my purchase price by $3-$5K

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, definitely could tip me to order things directly rather than add them later - at least for the ones that I'd prefer to have someone else install. Should be a nice kicker for Ford's revenue stream above and beyond the 150K+ Bronco sales expected.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First off, North7 thank you for laying this out.
Now... I hope not to come off as an asshole but, I'd want to install these add on's myself (apart from the fabled 2 inch lift..should it even materialize). I cringe taking my cars and trucks to the dealership for any type work to be done.
I hope it is possible to just ask for the add on's to be placed in the back of Bronco and I'd install at home.
You'll be leaving money on the table, if you do. The price will have installation baked in to provide the dealership its labor credit.

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome info. Like you said, how they handle the factory lift (and if it is on the list) could be a huge win for us.
I wonder if this 2” lift could be added along with a sasquatch package to give it a bit more lift? The sasquatch looks to me just a bit too low-not enough space between tires and body

MAFD

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 328i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great news!!.....At the same time, doesn't this mean that we are paying interest for the next ~5 years on the accessories we install from the factory?

It does not mean that's a bad thing but we'll have to run the numbers once the B&P tool comes out. Hopefully we can still come out ahead.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nobody has mentioned how many benefits this has for the customer.

• This will speed up factory manufacturing time, ensuring more Broncos reach customers in 2021
  • Dealers have built in "book labor" so they are also happy to help you pick out all accessories you want
  • The unsung hero of all this: Vastly reduces the number of vehicles which are held back from production due to out-of-stock accessories! VIN's will get created and vehicles made without folks getting stuck waiting 6 months for a $95 part.
    • As we had happen with our '19 Ranger due to a parts supplier changing the external keypad, a $95 option which delayed production for 6 months......

Now for the down side:
  • Surely this is going to be an administrative NIGHTMARE for Ford, trying to get every Tom, Dick, Jane and Suzie their tiny accessories.
  • Almost assuredly all accessories must be installed by the dealership which will have additional dealership visits as accessories arrive.
    • This will be mandatory from an internal control standpoint to document that accessories have been installed as promised reduce customer dishonesty/fraud.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks @North7 ! This great information.

For something like DIO wheels will we get credit for the factory wheels? Example scenario: if Method Race wheels are available as a DIO will we get credit for the factory wheels? or do we end up with 2 set of wheels?

I guess this is an unique scenario with wheels and not applicable for other accessories.
Sponsored