Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It looks like it can now can be confirmed that Ford will allow us to build our Bronco's in the B&P along with selecting any factory accessories we want and they will be included on the Invoice/MSRP/Window Sticker totals without any additional dealer installation charges.

Ford has said there will be 200 Accessories available for the Bronco. Until now there has been little information about these other than the few that have been shown on the demo models. Less information has been known how we will purchase these for our Broncos, there have been two versions discussed on the forum:
  1. We would purchase them directly from the dealer with the costs and installation labor listed on a supplemental pricing addendum.
  2. We would select them when we build our Bronco on the Build & Price (B&P) website.
It looks like we now have confirmation that approach number 2 is correct. This is a new program Ford is implementing for 2021, it is called DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories).

These Factory Ordered Accessories are technically Options, IF you order them when you build your Bronco on the Build & Price (B&P) website. The reason why this is so important is all of your selected Accessories will then be included in your Invoice and MSRP totals and listed on your Window Sticker. There will be no additional Dealer Installation charges for these Accessories as Ford will credit the dealer a pre-determined "Labor Credit" listed in the bottom image.

For X-Plan customers, this is even more important as it would mean that your Factory X-Plan discount printout will show all of your DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories) and how they are calculated into your X-Plan discount pricing. Again, there will be no additional Dealer Installation charges for these Accessories. Previous X-Plan rules gave the dealers some latitude to not give you a discount on accessories and installation.

If you are thinking about purchasing your accessories directly from your Dealer, understand it is better to make sure they are part of your factory order, otherwise you will have to pay the dealer for the installation.

To help avoid this being an issue, make sure you complete your Bronco build through the B&P website, pre-selecting your accessories before saving or seeing your salesperson. Then make sure your salesperson correctly sets up your order and you verify that all your accessories are on the factory order. This will avoid surprises when your Bronco comes in and the salesperson says, remember that accessory you ordered, well it has a higher cost and you have to pay for installation because it was not on the factory order.

Example:
You order mud flaps on the B&P, they will be on the window sticker and Ford pays the dealer to install them. If you decide to add them after your order is processed, you will pay the Dealer directly for them along with the dealers labor rate for installation, which could be $100 to $150 per hour instead of the pre-determined "Labor Credit" Ford will reimburse the dealer for.

A big unknown, the rumored factory 2" lift kit, if it is even true, it may or may not have factory paid labor for the installation. This could mean you will end up paying the dealers labor rate for installation, but the good news is it would be covered by the factory warranty.

DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories) Examples:
  • Rooftop Crossbars, Cargo Basket and Roof Light Bar
  • Cowl Lights
  • Winch Bumper Mount & Winch
  • 4-door pull-out Tailgate

FAQ's (see photos for more details):

What is DIO?

• This a new 2021 Ford Dealer Program to provide more orderable content and provide increased Dealer support.
  • These are accessories that are ordered with the vehicle and installed at the Dealership before the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. These accessories / parts are listed on the Window Sticker.

How do the Dealers get the Accessories?
  • Dealers must sign up with one of the eight Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD).
  • The Accessories or Dealer Channel Parts, will ship from the Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD) to the Dealer as one package for a specific VIN.

How does DIO work?
  • DIO Options will be fulfilled with Dealer Channel Parts
  • Most DIO content is installed in 1 hour or less
  • Wheels are currently not part of the program
  • DIO Pricing is the equivalent of the Dealer Channel MSPR, plus installation

Will I have to pay Installation charges for my Accessories?
  • The dealer performs the installation of the Accessories
  • Ford will pay the Dealer for the Installation (if you ordered them on your factory order).

Documents / bulletins on the DIO program:

2021 Ford Bronco DIO Program 1.jpg

2021 DIO Process B6g.png

2021 Ford Bronco DIO List.jpg
Thank you @North7 for all your time and efforts in getting us this info! Cheers
Sponsored

Kingdre87

Black Diamond
First Name
Deondray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question about add ons do we get invoice pricing on all add ons? (For those going with Granger) Say like Sasquatch is 5k but for the "dealer (Granger) its 4500?.. do we get dealer invoice price on that ? ... someone help me lol because this will dramatically change what I order.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

First off, North7 thank you for laying this out.
Now... I hope not to come off as an asshole but, I'd want to install these add on's myself (apart from the fabled 2 inch lift..should it even materialize). I cringe taking my cars and trucks to the dealership for any type work to be done.
I hope it is possible to just ask for the add on's to be placed in the back of Bronco and I'd install at home.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll say something like... "is it #1 or #2?... if #2, can you please hold it because I'll go bankrupt thinking of more things to add."
I couldn't think of the technical term for a poop bag.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
G
Question about add ons do we get invoice pricing on all add ons? (For those going with Granger) Say like Sasquatch is 5k but for the "dealer (Granger) its 4500?.. do we get dealer invoice price on that ? ... someone help me lol because this will dramatically change what I order.
Albert has confirmed this before. They take their $1000/$1300 off the bottom line invoice amount so all accessories/options that have an invoice $ will be included there as well.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off, North7 thank you for laying this out.
Now... I hope not to come off an as asshole but, I'd want to install these add on's myself (apart from the fabled 2 inch lift..should it even materialize). I cringe taking my cars and trucks to the dealership for any type work to be done.
I hope it is possible to just ask for the add on's to be placed in the back of Bronco and I'd install at home.

That should not be a problem at our store, unless there is something that we have to program with Ford...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The short answer to that is yes as long as it is on the invoice and window sticker...

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So is X Plan beneficial for those ordering w/DIO in October?