Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So..... “Ford” never actually said the quote????

Sounds like people deduced that since ordering a 2.7 required a 10spd, that the 10spd was priced with the 2.7. Forgetting the 10spd could be ordered with a 2.3.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Given the inaccuracies that rep at the expo spouted on other topics, I'm surprised that $1895 line was taken as gospel by so many.

Not saying said rep shouldn't face heat, but given those who rep vehicles at shows don't even work for the OE in question, not the least bit surprising they don't know the product in-and-out, though they really should.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't even looked at the build site... I was always a year two buyer... maybe even third year. I'm still praying they will bring a pickup version to the Brand.

I find it hard to believe all the gaskets that got blown over those simple words. Probably a couple hundred pages of rants. Many on this site need to relax.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking the rep was just going by what he saw on the B & P page.......
It seems like one of those situations where someone didn’t know, but thought they have to give an answer (after all that’s what they’re being paid for)... and they probably figured it was safer to say “yep! You should believe the Ford website” rather than “the pricing on the website could be wrong.”

I know it took me a number of years into my career to realize it’s okay (and sometimes imperative) to answer “oh, I have no idea about that” even when your job is to know things.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to say this is embarrassing. I really thought it was Estaban that said this. I mean this question came up several times at different Q&As and they said the B&P was correct every time. Then the "It's a steal" comment was made and I actually started to believed that B&P was correct. If Ford's rep said it then he should be accurate but that is a far cry from Estaban saying it. I feel like the forum and Ford has a little egg on its face right now (and I am including myself). We need to check our facts out better and Ford needs to have the reps lined out better AND not leave an obvious mistake on the B&P that we have be asking about for TWO MONTHS.

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B&P is still weak. Today it was adding my options to MSRP not the options/pkg section.

Get the January when B&P will be fixed with no bugs.

oh and colors lol

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So does anyone have copies of all the videos? Not the ones posted by Ford or BN on YouTube. I'm pretty certain it was said by Estaban or from the other 2 that were in the video.

I know It's incredibly conspiracy theory but funny how Levine never asked why we believed what we did when everyone here was asking repeatedly on every social site he was on but now no one can find it???

Hmmm, ok.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say this is embarrassing. I really thought it was Estaban that said this. I mean this question came up several times at different Q&As and they said the B&P was correct every time. Then the "It's a steal" comment was made and I actually started to believed that B&P was correct. If Ford's rep said it then he should be accurate but that is a far cry from Estaban saying it. I feel like the forum and Ford has a little egg on its face right now (and I am including myself). We need to check our facts out better and Ford needs to have the reps lined out better AND not leave an obvious mistake on the B&P that we have be asking about for TWO MONTHS.
Even if the question came up at an event to someone that wasn't Estaban it was still answered as a steal. What else was this forum to expect? The B&P was left unchanged for long enough for us to believe it. Couple that with a Ford employee saying it's a steal then how do we on this forum have egg on our face? They left the error long enough for it to be real. I stated before that anyone that reserved after B&P launch has a gripe. Ford rolls out B&P with pricing and a button to press to reserve now. Those that did reserve believing the pricing was accurate have a bitch for bait and switch. They can easily back out I know but if your prices aren't your prices then don't put that crap out there.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B&P issues are a real issue. People are trying to budget and make a plan, and even no pricing info would be better than incorrect info (that purports to be accurate).

That said, I think the majority of blame for this is B6G’s. And I agree with you that we need to reflect and take ownership for some of this.

This is exactly the type of thing we’re *really* good at here... take some half truth, or straight up assumption, and repeat it until we’re convinced it’s fact. We knew something wasn’t right, since we kept asking... and the B&P was helplessly broken otherwise... but we figured this single nonsensical thing must just be the one thing they got right.

Hell, just as an example of this I’m sure there are some people reading this thread right now who think their post Sept 18th reservation date means they’re going to get a MY22 Bronco. (Spoiler: That’s not what the memo actually said.)
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.