Sponsored

Discount Tire punched a hole in my tire, but replaced it for free.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this is an interesting one.
I noticed the other day that my rear tire had a screw right in the center of my tread. This wasn't a big concern for me, as DiscountTire is only a couple minutes away and by this point they are familiar with me for both flat repair and buying new tires. I went to check if the screw was through the tread, and when I went to pull on it air leaked out and then the head of the screw broke off.

I circled the hole to mark it and popped the wheel off and brought it to Discount. They took a look, said it would be no problem and went to repair it. They get it taken care of and I get it loaded back up and head home to put the tire back onto the Bronco. I get home and as I am unloading the tire, this is what I see. (The gold circle is my mark)
Ford Bronco Discount Tire punched a hole in my tire, but replaced it for free. tire

The hole was still there, with a plug about 1" away in a spot I am certain had no hole. I check the circled hole to see if the screw was still in there, and sure enough it was. :confused:

I call Discount and tell them what I had found, and I was honestly pretty frustrated. This was right as they were closing, but the guy said to come in a bit before opening the next day and they would get it taken care of first thing.

The guy at Discount the next morning took one look at it and said, "Yeah, looks like you get a new tire today". They owned up to it completely and basically said that mistakes happen and sorry for the hassle. They had the exact tire in stock so they were able to get it swapped and balanced.

Bit of a frustrating situation, but definitely nice when a company makes it right, especially when the flat repair in the first place was complimentary.
Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad you got it resolved. With that being said, I refuse to go back to Discount Tire.

OP
OP
GreyZ

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you got it resolved. With that being said, I refuse to go back to Discount Tire.
I have had too many good experiences with them. I plan to keep using them. They have at least 2-3 more screw ups before I write off this location. Nowhere else near me will roadforce balance a tire for free, and they aggressively price match anyone.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mistakes happen, it's how they react to them makes all the difference. I've had good luck with Discount Tires and have been using them 30+ years 🤠

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I noticed the other day that my rear tire had a screw right in the center of my tread. This wasn't a big concern for me, as DiscountTire is only a couple minutes away and by this point they are familiar with me for both flat repair and buying new tires. I went to check if the screw was through the tread, and when I went to pull on it air leaked out and then the head of the screw broke off.

I circled the hole to mark it and popped the wheel off and brought it to Discount. They took a look, said it would be no problem and went to repair it. They get it taken care of and I get it loaded back up and head home to put the tire back onto the Bronco. I get home and as I am unloading the tire, this is what I see. (The gold circle is my mark)
Ford Bronco Discount Tire punched a hole in my tire, but replaced it for free. tire

The hole was still there, with a plug about 1" away in a spot I am certain had no hole. I check the circled hole to see if the screw was still in there, and sure enough it was. :confused:

I call Discount and tell them what I had found, and I was honestly pretty frustrated. This was right as they were closing, but the guy said to come in a bit before opening the next day and they would get it taken care of first thing.

The guy at Discount the next morning took one look at it and said, "Yeah, looks like you get a new tire today". They owned up to it completely and basically said that mistakes happen and sorry for the hassle. They had the exact tire in stock so they were able to get it swapped and balanced.

Bit of a frustrating situation, but definitely nice when a company makes it right, especially when the flat repair in the first place was complimentary.
A frustrating experience for sure. Sorry that you had to make a return trip to get the issue resolved, but thankful that store personnel were willing to do what's right, make sure you were completely satisfied and back on the road safely.

Thank you for your support and continued patronage.

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, discount tire has always treated me well. Even though I didn’t purchase my aftermarket wheels from them my local store they rebalanced all 5 free of charge in under 40 minutes. Pretty impressive and I have nothing but good things to say. When I replace my tires I’ll be purchasing through them.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just trying to figure out how that happens?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've only used discount tire once as I have a local independent shop I've used for years. I was very impressed with that one time though. I ordered online, made an appointment, arrived early and was greeted at my car. The car immediately went into a bay and had the tires installed before I had time to get bored. Great price and great service. I would certainly recommend that shop again, even if I don't use them.

sameoldeddie

Wildtrak
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not one to give recommendations very often but every single Discount Tire I’ve been to has been fantastic. Definitely curious what happened here but not at all surprised they made it right

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you say there was no hole there, but the simplest answer is that there was. If you picked up one screw, very possible there was another nearby. I’ve seen screws and nails do very weird things when run over, including a screw that put 3 holes in a motorcycle tire of mine. It poked one hole, then came back out and went in and out like a sewing needle to poke 2 more ;)

Sponsored

CentralIowa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They earned my business by going above and beyond several times. It’s my go to tire store now without a doubt.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many miles were on that tire?

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Exactly why I only use Discount Tire! They stand behind their work and products.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was the screw at an angle? Looks to me like it could have been drilled straight out from the inside, instead of following the angle of the hole.

I've done many a flat repairs in my time working at DTC when I was going through college. Don't recall making a mistake like this, but could see how it happens if there is a steep angle on the screw and the tech didn't verify the angle prior to drilling.