Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I built my first kitchen for my Bronco with a Blackstone griddle. It was my first time wood working so just a basic box and refrigerator slide.

I Built Something EPIC for My 2021 Bronco - You WON'T Believe What It Is!

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love it. Good job!

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I built my first kitchen for my Bronco. It was my first time wood working so just a basic box and refrigerator slide.

I Built Something EPIC for My 2021 Bronco - You WON'T Believe What It Is!
Seems like you're going to have a lot of greasy smoke filling the truck and hitting your rear glass...

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like you're going to have a lot of greasy smoke filling the truck and hitting your rear glass...
This is super cool but I'd fear for this outcome as well. I'm imagining my glass looking like my range hood at home....

purkleshorts

Raptor
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Datsun
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is super cool but I'd fear for this outcome as well. I'm imagining my glass looking like my range hood at home....
Can confirm.
I used my 17" B.S. on a camping excursion earlier in the year. Figured it would be the best thing since sliced bread for camp meals, as my 36" at home is my favorite thing to cook on after the grill, which will always be 1st on my list.
Anyway, the aluminum folding table I also packed was covered in a greasy film after the first cook, which was a round of smashburgers for the fam. Placed the B.S. on the table, just a bit away from my open gate with the fold-down table. Which ALSO had a greasy film on it just from being within about 2 ft. of the griddle.

I know the overland types with the kitchen in the rear of a camping trailer do it all the time. Guess I have some tricks of the trade to learn on how they avoid it.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know the overland types with the kitchen in the rear of a camping trailer do it all the time.
I think the overland types do a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense just because it's what everyone else is doing.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice work. I like the creativity. For your first time working with wood I would say it came out great.

First thing thing that caught my eye was the height of the griddle. It looks like the griddle top is at nipple height, which seems like that would be awkward cooking like that.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agreed and I would be equally concerned about the proximity of the grill top to the plastic surfaces close to them. Based on the video (Which is awesome and over-the-top creative OP), the grill top surface is only an inch or 2 away from interior plastic trim and will likely suffer damage from the heat.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed and I would be equally concerned about the proximity of the grill top to the plastic surfaces close to them. Based on the video (Which is awesome and over-the-top creative OP), the grill top surface is only an inch or 2 away from interior plastic trim and will likely suffer damage from the heat.
Very nice looking build, especially for your first attempt. Congrats! I did want to let you know about what I've witnessed.

Went to a NTX Bronco meetup at a lake here in DFW and walked up on a fire scene with one of these. I don't think it was the Blackstone's problem, but basically the canister caught on fire while attached to the grill. They had to spin it off and throw it onto some empty grass and wait for it to burn up. He was on a plastic folding table and the table more or less escaped harm.

The guy cooking said sometimes the green camping canisters would do that... Just catch on fire and are hard to put out. FYI, have the right kind of fire extinguisher handy (not where you have to reach past the back) and know how to use it. I would imagine that could cause some problems if it had been hanging off the tailgate.

Last edited:

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice looking build, especially for your first attempt. Congrats! I did want to let you know about what I've witnessed.

Went to a NTX Bronco meetup at a lake here in DFW and walked up on a fire scene with one of these. I don't think it was the Blackstone's problem, but basically the canister caught on fire while attached to the grill. They had to spin it off and throw it onto some empty grass and wait for it to burn up. He was on a plastic folding table and the table more or less escaped harm.

The guy cooking said sometimes the green camping canisters would do that... Just catch on fire and are hard to put out. FYI, have the right kind of fire extinguisher handy (not where you have to reach past the back) and know how to use it. I would imagine that could cause some problems if it had been hanging off the tailgate.
Great job putting it together, but pretty much all of this ^^^^^^

For me, even having a tailgate table was never a thought for much of these reasons. I don't care to cook near my truck & I have folding table already with bench seats that store in a nice compact package, so no need to spend extra $$$. I also like the fact that I can fit my (2) 6 gallon water jugs in the space that a tailgate table would take. This setup works for me 🤠

Ford Bronco DIY slide out kitchen w/ Blackstone Griddle for overlanding Q98A4371.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY slide out kitchen w/ Blackstone Griddle for overlanding Q98A4390.JPG

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great job putting it together, but pretty much all of this ^^^^^^

For me, even having a tailgate table was never a thought for much of these reasons. I don't care to cook near my truck & I have folding table already with bench seats that store in a nice compact package, so no need to spend extra $$$. I also like the fact that I can fit my (2) 6 gallon water jugs in the space that a tailgate table would take. This setup works for me 🤠

Ford Bronco DIY slide out kitchen w/ Blackstone Griddle for overlanding Q98A4390.JPG

Got any photos of how you’re storing 2x 6-gallon jugs in place of a tailgate table?

I’ve been trying to figure out water storage myself. So far it’s just been thrown in on a flat spot and moved when I need it, which works, but isn’t the most convenient

OP
OP
Bareback Broncos

Bareback Broncos

Big Bend
First Name
Mllton
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dude! That’s rad!
Thank you, I like to camp out of my Bronco. It’s fun being able to cook on the trail or at camp.
It’s not that bad usually wind blow it out. Also I can move it to a table I have.

Most of the time I use it as a storage box. I have a Heytrip table I put the griddle on.

I have a roof rack and my @heytrip table is very light and packs away in a Pelican vault cause ontop of the Bronco.
The slide out box table is for small events with hoods and we just need a quick place to make a sandwich of a quick meal.
Summer Vibes | Camping | Cooking | Friendships @heytrip

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got any photos of how you’re storing 2x 6-gallon jugs in place of a tailgate table?

I’ve been trying to figure out water storage myself. So far it’s just been thrown in on a flat spot and moved when I need it, which works, but isn’t the most convenient
No pictures, but the swing gate is recessed (where a table would install ;)) so when you close the door, there is space for the water jugs. If you look at the picture you will see a green jug. I have 2 of those green jugs (6 gallons each) & I usably pack out with 3 milk crates ( to organize space) & a large tool bag & whatever I feel I need on top of those & that leaves a couple inches in front of the swing gate threshold & the recess let the 2 jugs (usually carry 1 but both when needed). They don't go anywhere. & it works great for me.
While not green anymore, Walmart still sells these type of jugs.
Sponsored