Sponsored

Do Dealers Lie about where you are in line?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't ask my dealer, but she did blurt out that I might be the first to get one there. Doesn't really matter to me though. If it's early cool, if it's later, that's cool too, I'll just sock more money away.
Agree. It's not end of world. I'm in it either way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh oh!! You haven't worked out pricing with your dealer yet?
I’m scheduling my appt at the dealer this week, why? Am I in deep shit?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The truth is somewhere in between. They know their current estimations, but have no idea how those numbers will end up in two months when order banks close. As usual, Granger is the standard:

"We don't know your exact "number" in our reservation line. We're going to do our best to tell you where you fall in a relative sense and set realistic expectations. But as I've explained to some on the phone. It's a moving target. Between cancellations, reservation transfers, early reservation holders who are waiting for a 22 MY and customers who we've yet to make contact with, it's a moving target."
Sure. And that makes sense. But they should be able to tell you if you fall within the line. Like if you're solidly within the cut. Or on the cusp, if certain drop you could move up, etc. Or way outside the line.

I mean if you're solidly in, then that shouldn't change. It's that cusp that needs to worry...

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup....used this exact terminology with them. Inside, On, Outside....."We don't know"

My best guess is they're worried if they tell people where they are in allocation they'll hold them to that, which is ridiculous.
Or that you'll look elsewhere if you're outside. Or not place an order...

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m scheduling my appt at the dealer this week, why? Am I in deep shit?
Maybe, maybe not. Most of us here shopped our reservations based upon pricing months ago. With the dealer allocations issue some dealers aren't accepting transfers of reservations ant more. You need to get your pricing negotiated before you place your order.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or that you'll look elsewhere if you're outside. Or not place an order...
Yep, they want to convert as many orders as possible, so their final allocation holds up, and they’re afraid if they’re honest, people will transfer or cancel.

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe, maybe not. Most of us here shopped our reservations based upon pricing months ago. With the dealer allocations issue some dealers aren't accepting transfers of reservations ant more. You need to get your pricing negotiated before you place your order.
well, that’s the plan for my appointment. To negotiate. Any tips? I hate dealerships, but didn’t think to negotiate before I chose a dealer to place my reservation. And Austin is full of new money. Wondering now if I picked a shitty dealer. Good news is I will wait before I pay a cent over MSRP. I don’t need one this bad.

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, they want to convert as many orders as possible, so their final allocation holds up, and they’re afraid if they’re honest, people will transfer or cancel.
But I heard the more orders they place, the more allocation they’ll get, my hope is they won’t be shady.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But I heard the more orders they place, the more allocation they’ll get, my hope is they won’t be shady.
That’s why they want you to convert your reservation to an order. The more reservations they convert, the higher their final allocation, the more vehicles they sell, and the more money they make. None of that happens if reservees get dejected about their initial estimated position in the pecking order and transfer their reservations to another dealership to improve their position or simply cancel their reservations altogether out of sheer frustration.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That said, do dealers often make up shit about where you are inline, just to get you in the door. Just want to know what I should be on the lookout for.
I have been telling everyone they are #1...lol...j/k

Dealing personally with the all transfers and the new reservations, i dread this question (it used to be so much easier...you are on the list...you get the 1st gt500, you get the 2nd, you get the 3rd and so on) bc you might be #1 today, but a transfer next week could push u to #2...and if my final 2021 allocation is 1, I will feel bad for the person who just got pushed to 2022 bc of time stamp (especially if the #1 slot isnt a fan and just buying it to flip)...the time stamps are supposed to keep everything fair...we shall see how it works out...I made the decision to make everyone the same priority code @ 17 (except my order...ill make that a 10...j/k) in case Ford changes their mind about priority codes on Bronco...with that being said, I would & have told customers were they are vs orders converted and were they are vs total reservations & converted based on their reservation #...its the quickest way to look it up and sort in excel

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But I heard the more orders they place, the more allocation they’ll get - TRUE

my hope is they won’t be shady - FALSE lol

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

well, that’s the plan for my appointment. To negotiate. Any tips? I hate dealerships, but didn’t think to negotiate before I chose a dealer to place my reservation. And Austin is full of new money. Wondering now if I picked a shitty dealer. Good news is I will wait before I pay a cent over MSRP. I don’t need one this bad.
what judge rufus said is on point...

before you go in, figure out what MSRP & invoice is...if you need help, DM me your spec and ill send you a DORA...

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most dealers are pricing at MSRP and requiring either no additional deposit or a $500 refundable deposit. A few dealers are pricing under invoice (Granger in IA, Stephens in WV, and Chapman in PA), which can be $4,000-$6,000 lower than MSRP on loaded, high-trim builds.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eet-x-plan-vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/

Last edited:

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t be discouraged by what you hear from the loud minority on this forum. Some people did their homework long ago and got in on some good deals and others (myself included) got on board late ?‍♂

Most are in the same situation as you - we’re paying MSRP and can probably pair that with one of Ford’s discount plans.

Negotiating price is probably not going to be successful, but it’s likely you’ll find a dealer willing to sell you a Bronco with no mark up.

Good luck ?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few dealers are pricing under invoice (Granger in IA, Stephens in WV, and Chapman in PA), which can be $4,000-$6,000 lower than MSRP on loaded, high-trim builds.
Speak of the devil... Allow me to introduce Mr. “3%-under-invoice.” ?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/deal-for-those-who-want-to-transfer-or-wait-for-a-2022.11412/

I made the decision to make everyone the same priority code @ 17 (except my order...ill make that a 10...j/k)
Reported!!! :mad:

j/k :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Last edited: