Sponsored

Do dealers typically ask for a credit card for any subscriptions on new Bronco?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a new Bronco scheduled with Lux. I have not bought a new car in a long time and never had Apple carplay, but use and understand my iphone. I am sure the connected navigation is nice, but will Apple Maps not basically do the same thing? I guess connected navigation just keeps you from hitting a few buttons in Carplay? I am not sure if the dealer will ask for a credit card for the connected navigation to bill against when it expires, but is that even worth it? I am clueless, but know how everyone is pushing subscriptions everywhere so I thought I would check
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No. If they ask for a credit card for something like that.. run.

Connected navigation is free for 3 months? I think. Then it just expires unless you decide you still want it. It does not require payment and will not automatically renew, unless you want to continue it.

Last edited:

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, Apple Maps will do the same thing, if not better, than Fords nav. I have never had to give the dealer a credit card for any of these services.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. When a subscription is due to expire Ford will mail you an offer to continue the service. (like the XM radio)

The built in Nav is reportedly fairly awful compared to either Carplay or Android Auto.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No credit card for mine. Lux package, so connected-built in nav, but dealer didn't ask me to sign up for anything. I was really impressed that the app is free, and I can lock/unlock/remote start from my phone without a subscription.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealers do not (not supposed to) handle subscriptions to things like nav and SiriusXM. So there is no reason for them to need your credit card for this purpose. I did use my credit card to put a deposit down on the vehicle itself when I bought it. Are you sure this is not what they are asking for?

Regarding Carplay - yeah…Apple Maps (or even Google maps) is better than Ford Nav. But you’ll be able to see for yourself as your Bronco will come with a free trial subscription for this as well as SiriusXM So you’ll be able to play with it for a while for free. It’s nice - but I think Google is nicer.

Speaking of SiriusXM - they’ll (Sirius - again…not your dealer) try to sell you a full renewal toward the end of your trial. Refuse it. Right before it expires - they will call/send you an offer for $6 per month if you renew for a year. Personally - I think it’s worth it at this price. But not their normal price. But you can decide for yourself.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, 3 months free. You’re under no obligation to pay for it after.

CarPlay does the same thing, and looks cleaner. The CarPlay is wireless and will load automatically on screen if you already have navigation started on your phone when you get into your bronco.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a new Bronco scheduled with Lux. I have not bought a new car in a long time and never had Apple carplay, but use and understand my iphone. I am sure the connected navigation is nice, but will Apple Maps not basically do the same thing? I guess connected navigation just keeps you from hitting a few buttons in Carplay? I am not sure if the dealer will ask for a credit card for the connected navigation to bill against when it expires, but is that even worth it? I am clueless, but know how everyone is pushing subscriptions everywhere so I thought I would check
nah i just use car play and waze
my nav gps still works just cannot get rt working so maps still if needed
Sponsored