Sponsored

Do factory Raptor rock sliders / side steps fit the regular 4-door Bronco?

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the factory rocksliders/side steps that come on the raptor fit the standard 4 door bronco? Looking to acquire a set if so.
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would be in on this as well for my Wildtrak.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I haven’t checked the part numbers, but I think that the sliders that they are mounted to are going to be Raptor specific.

At the minimum it looks like they have a bunch of extra bolt holes to possibly anchor internal reinforcement plates as well as to accommodate the bolt on side steps.

Ford Bronco Do factory Raptor rock sliders / side steps fit the regular 4-door Bronco? 445CE108-5D1B-40C6-96F6-F98AB488FD85

OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was hoping the sliders matched up and we could just bolt those in. Haven’t Seen anything on it yet

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was hoping the sliders matched up and we could just bolt those in. Haven’t Seen anything on it yet
have you checked out Archetype Magnums? Not identical but a good looking slider mount alternative option.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The raptor rock-sliders are are different from Base bronco rock-sliders. Watch the video below at the 19:10 min mark when they take off the side steps .. notice the raptor rock-sliders have holes in them for the steps to slide into

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The IAG's add a step is the only thing I've found that slides on the existing Non-Raptor Rail. The more I weighed the ease of installation vs the ability of a slide-on option to hold any vehicle weight, I changed direction. I really like the look, but a few pinch screws in a snow (brine) area seemed like a bad idea.

I'm shocked Ford didn't just put the Raptor rails on all units to save another part to develop.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if the factory rocksliders/side steps that come on the raptor fit the standard 4 door bronco? Looking to acquire a set if so.
I don't think they do. If wherever your buying them from had free returns than try it!

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since everyone else is speculating I’ll add my thoughts. I bet they fit just fine. The door and body panels in that area that the sliders attach to (and most, if not all, other areas) appear to be the same on all Broncos and this thought is supported by the fact it wouldn’t make sense for Ford to retool those parts at the cost of literally 10’s of millions of dollars for new tools for a fairly small run of Bronco Raptors. This belief is based on a long manufacturing career, of which I spent the last 8 years signing off on tool capital requests for new products and alterations to existing tools.

The only body panels I know to be different are the gills on the front fenders and the hood and those alterations are likely accomplished by second op’s tools of processes.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As an owner of a Wildtrak, I dont even have sliders currently and have the stock tube steps. I would essentially be buying both the slider and the step. I bet it would just bolt right in if I bought both, but that is an expensive bet if I am wrong lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
ahunter2

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since everyone else is speculating I’ll add my thoughts. I bet they fit just fine. The door and body panels in that area that the sliders attach to (and most, if not all, other areas) appear to be the same on all Broncos and this thought is supported by the fact it wouldn’t make sense for Ford to retool those parts at the cost of literally 10’s of millions of dollars for new tools for a fairly small run of Bronco Raptors. This belief is based on a long manufacturing career, of which I spent the last 8 years signing off on tool capital requests for new products and alterations to existing tools.

The only body panels I know to be different are the gills on the front fenders and the hood and those alterations are likely accomplished by second op’s tools of processes.
This was my same thought process. Have to imagine the mounting points are the same for the sliders. It’s just an additional Attachment to them. Really curious if anyone has taken the leap on it

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You assume a "fairly small run." I believe Ford intends to run the Raptors at volume capacity, or slightly under to maintain artificial scarcity. It's not like they've only made a handful of F-150 Raptors, which have a lot of unique tooling vs the regular F-150s.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The IAG's add a step is the only thing I've found that slides on the existing Non-Raptor Rail. The more I weighed the ease of installation vs the ability of a slide-on option to hold any vehicle weight, I changed direction. I really like the look, but a few pinch screws in a snow (brine) area seemed like a bad idea.

I'm shocked Ford didn't just put the Raptor rails on all units to save another part to develop.
I added the IAG steps (not full length) on mine. I used some neoprene and stainless washers to prevent the pinch screws from biting into my rock rails, and some fiber washers to keep the serrated nut from damaging the powder coat on the steps. The only exposed steel is in the thread holes on the IAG steps. The blue locktite will keep everything together.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed a set of factory Raptor rock sliders / side steps take-offs on my Outerbanks (Non-Sas)

Took less than an hour and fit without modifications.
You'll notice that there is plenty of clearance for the Ford OEM Front Molded Slash Guards and more clearance in the rear.
The steps are a little lower and about 2 1/2 inches wider than the oem tube steps making it easier for us old folks to get in.

Ford Bronco Do factory Raptor rock sliders / side steps fit the regular 4-door Bronco? 1672255569753

Ford Bronco Do factory Raptor rock sliders / side steps fit the regular 4-door Bronco? 1672255658689

Ford Bronco Do factory Raptor rock sliders / side steps fit the regular 4-door Bronco? 1672255755639
Sponsored