CarryOn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-350, 2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow! This is frustrating. Waiting on my Base to be built and I already ordered a set of these for my 4 door. What did Zroadz do for you to make things right? Do you happen to have the part number for the mounts needed? Thanks for the info
I understand your frustration. I don’t have the part numbers but my Ford parts guy was able to look them up when I said to look for the mounts to a 4 door rock rail. When I get them I will share the part numbers.

Zroadz issued me a refund of $115, which is what I’ll have spent for the mounts and extra bolts they’ll need. I told them I will let them know if these mounts work as planned and were actually available as parts are kinda scarce. My dealer said there were roughly 10 of each mount available from Michigan when I ordered last Saturday.
Sponsored

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand your frustration. I don’t have the part numbers but my Ford parts guy was able to look them up when I said to look for the mounts to a 4 door rock rail. When I get them I will share the part numbers.

Zroadz issued me a refund of $115, which is what I’ll have spent for the mounts and extra bolts they’ll need. I told them I will let them know if these mounts work as planned and were actually available as parts are kinda scarce. My dealer said there were roughly 10 of each mount available from Michigan when I ordered last Saturday.
I appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing if they work and how long it takes for you to receive them. Hopefully Zroadz comes up with a solution to ship with the rails for base owners.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a FYI anything mounted to the pinch welds are step not rock sliders. I know lots of people here are going for looks which is fine, just don't won't anyone that has not been off-roading much to go out and screw up there Bronco thinking these pinch weld mounted step will protect anything.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a FYI anything mounted to the pinch welds are step not rock sliders. I know lots of people here are going for looks which is fine, just don't won't anyone that has not been off-roading much to go out and screw up there Bronco thinking these pinch weld mounted step will protect anything.
The problem with that is the manufactures saying there is no way to mount them differently. They are saying Ford left nothing to mount a frame mount slider to. The only ones out now that mount to the frame are either welded or you have to drill, which is problematic. I don't understand why they can't make them work with the 3 skid plate bolts and the two body to frame connection bolts that are there now. 🤷‍♂️

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with that is the manufactures saying there is no way to mount them differently. They are saying Ford left nothing to mount a frame mount slider to. The only ones out now that mount to the frame are either welded or you have to drill, which is problematic. I don't understand why they can't make them work with the 3 skid plate bolts and the two body to frame connection bolts that are there now. 🤷‍♂️
If your going to use the sliders as they are intended, you should have them welded to frame It's the strongest method. with that said Aftermarket with come up with a bolt on slider in the future if you don't want to have slider welded. Just may have to wait.
They figured how to stuff a 10K winch under the bumper they will figure a bolt on slider too.
I am waiting on Fun Havers sliders to come out. I will be welding them

Sponsored

CarryOn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow! This is frustrating. Waiting on my Base to be built and I already ordered a set of these for my 4 door. What did Zroadz do for you to make things right? Do you happen to have the part number for the mounts needed? Thanks for the info
Surprisingly, the mounts came in today and bolted up without problems. The two middle mounts are different from each other, and the two rear mounts have a left and right. You’ll also need to pick up four M10 flange bolts to mount them. I think they were 25mm long. Local hardware store had them for around $3 for the 4.

Below is a picture of the 4 mounts’ part numbers and also what one looks like.

Also, I don’t plan on pivoting on rocks with these things. The company may call them sliders, but I view them as heavy duty steps for my kids that happen to look great to my eye. They do, however, feel more substantial compared to other slide steps I’ve had.

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz AE7144A1-475B-4B3A-B9A2-D51DF39A60DA
Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 3A26B3C8-FD1E-40B8-81DE-28AEF59814FB

942EF9A1-59AA-48E7-A277-791100565CBD.jpeg

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If your going to use the sliders as they are intended, you should have them welded to frame It's the strongest method. with that said Aftermarket with come up with a bolt on slider in the future if you don't want to have slider welded. Just may have to wait.
They figured how to stuff a 10K winch under the bumper they will figure a bolt on slider too.
I am waiting on Fun Havers sliders to come out. I will be welding them
I definitely don't want to weld. I was really surprised that two out of the three brackets on the RTR sliders looked like they bolt onto the body. If anyone was going to make real bolt on frame sliders it would have been them. For $1600 thats ridiculous.

Ford Bronco Rock Slider Side Steps for 4 Door Model by Zroadz 1640283006456

DoubleD

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Surprisingly, the mounts came in today and bolted up without problems. The two middle mounts are different from each other, and the two rear mounts have a left and right. You’ll also need to pick up four M10 flange bolts to mount them. I think they were 25mm long. Local hardware store had them for around $3 for the 4.

Also, I don’t plan on pivoting on rocks with these things. The company may call them sliders, but I view them as heavy duty steps for my kids that happen to look great to my eye. They do, however, feel more substantial compared to other slide steps I’ve had.

Thank you!! Glad it worked out and that you received them so quickly. Hopefully Zroadz will extend the same offer to me.

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely don't want to weld. I was really surprised that two out of the three brackets on the RTR sliders looked like they bolt onto the body. If anyone was going to make real bolt on frame sliders it would have been them. For $1600 thats ridiculous.

$1600 is a little high i paid around 1300-1400 for my tacoma sliders. That is crazy Ford didn't think of this when they designed all of the other off road gems into building the new Bronco, Just weird they didn't unless they figured if you wanted sliders for more then looks you would weld it I guess

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1640283006456.png
found this today
GOAT fabrication
Finally a true rock slider for the new Bronco. 2" x .134 wall steel tubing. Will be finished in primer and textured black powder coat. Attaches to rigid sub-frame not just a pinch seam mount. 12 bolted locations per side. GOAT Fabrication rock sliders will be available soon with our lifetime warranty!!!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rock-sliders-by-goat-fabrication.29059/

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

found this today
GOAT fabrication
Finally a true rock slider for the new Bronco. 2" x .134 wall steel tubing. Will be finished in primer and textured black powder coat. Attaches to rigid sub-frame not just a pinch seam mount. 12 bolted locations per side. GOAT Fabrication rock sliders will be available soon with our lifetime warranty!!!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rock-sliders-by-goat-fabrication.29059/
Ya those are the only ones out there but you have to weld or drill your frame out. I don't want to drill 24 holes in my frame. Some of the aftermarket designers have said that the frame has some sort of dampening effects built into the frame, and drilling holes in it is no good.

Last edited:

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya those are the only ones out there but you have to weld or drill your frame out. I don't want to drill 24 holes in my frame. Some of the aftermarket designers have said that the frame has some sort of dampening effects built into the frame and that drilling holes in it is no good.
Hell no I wouldn't be drilling into my frame either I didn't read much of that just that it bolted to frame didn't know you had to drill stuff screw that

LastYr

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you!! Glad it worked out and that you received them so quickly. Hopefully Zroadz will extend the same offer to me.
Just wanted to say thanks to y'all for posts about the zroadz slider steps. Originally I had been waiting for the RTR sliders but once I saw the price I had to go in another direction. I had eyed the up the zroadz slider steps awhile back but hadn't pulled the trigger unit now.
I also bought the Base model so having the part number for the factory brackets made life much easier. I was able to get them for $100 and should have by the end of next week.

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base

Aren't these brackets only needed for the four door?

CarryOn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aren't these brackets only needed for the four door?
The ones pictured are for a four door. I don’t know what comes with the zroadz steps for a 2 door, nor the mounts used on a factory 2 door rock slider.
Sponsored