First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had these installed. These are solid and look great. Local company down the street from me. Zroadz. I was looking for a nice step that hid the pinch weld that didn’t require modifications to my Bronco. Very heavy duty and solid install using existing mounting points.

68D42C81-F54A-46D8-96FA-8469FEEE8826.jpeg

5EAB1157-7F03-4C1E-836E-140B5CBE3742.jpeg

F59227D9-C4DA-42DD-930D-177387D09A17.jpeg

4FA29B65-A8C8-4D3A-A7F5-805AC908D314.jpeg
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good! So does it also bolt on the pinch welds?

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for posting! It is very helpful to see them live on a vehicle.

We will pass on these though. Part of our expectations of rock sliders for us is to have a smooth surface front to rear. Seeing the support brackets with welding angle iron that would get hit quite often, (Damage & getting caught on them) defeats our intended purpose.

OP
OP
noliveaxle

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
noliveaxle

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

We will pass on these though. Part of our expectations of rock sliders for us is to have a smooth surface front to rear. Seeing the support brackets with welding angle iron that would get hit quite often, (Damage & getting caught on them) defeats our intended purpose.
Your right. I’ll remove slider from the title.

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the photos and information. I have these on order for the wife's Christmas present. She thinks she has a hard time now with getting in the SAS just wait till I get 37s.
Ford Bronco Installed 2 Door Side Steps by Zroadz 20211121_122258

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The manufacturer refers to these as sliders. I don’t see how the mounting points would hit anything as they are tucked up between the pinch weld and frame. Maybe I’m missing something.

Also, I know a lot of purists want frame mounted sliders but these appear to mount in the same place on the pinch seam as the OEM sliders which Ford claims can carry the weight of the vehicle.

Guess there’s only one way to find out.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The manufacturer refers to these as sliders. I don’t see how the mounting points would hit anything as they are tucked up between the pinch weld and frame. Maybe I’m missing something.

Also, I know a lot of purists want frame mounted sliders but these appear to mount in the same place on the pinch seam as the OEM sliders which Ford claims can carry the weight of the vehicle.

Yeah, should work out fine except for the crushed rocker panels and no recourse against Ford since you were “abusing” it.

Frame mounted sliders are required for playing in the rocks without damage long term.

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have highlighted what I see for our needs, as the reasons for my post. I did not tell anyone how they should feel or should do. These will just not work for our needs.

Ford Bronco Installed 2 Door Side Steps by Zroadz Support weld

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have highlighted what I see for our needs, as the reasons for my post. I did not tell anyone how they should feel or should do. These will just not work for our needs.

Ford Bronco Installed 2 Door Side Steps by Zroadz Support weld
Yeah, I see how those spots are prone to damage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
noliveaxle

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OP
OP
noliveaxle

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my side steps have a 1/2 gusset and you won’t leave this alone. Please send me a picture of your sliders that don’t have issues. I’ll show you a picture of frame mounted sliders. Why don’t you get your red circle and show all the design flaws.
Thanks.

E25C9971-F2DC-46C0-9198-43B016D1A1DD.jpeg

607630C9-6B35-48DF-A506-029A3C28BD2C.jpeg

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Price?

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So my side steps have a 1/2 gusset and you won’t leave this alone. Please send me a picture of your sliders that don’t have issues. I’ll show you a picture of frame mounted sliders. Why don’t you get your red circle and show all the design flaws.
Thanks.
Hit a nerve I see. :eek: I was responding to a different poster. Not you specifically.

Our need/expectation is just not the same as yours. And that is OK. If your not willing to take ones honest feedback about a product, good or bad. That is just fine. My comments have nothing to do with you and everything to do with my experience on the trails & vehicles we have built.

I have had one too many sliders not fit the bill on the trail. Having to get a jack out, in a less than flat ground situation just to get the vehicle moving again, not my idea of something I desire to do again.

For me, it is about what I am looking for. Not what you decided on.

The photos you are providing showing angled supports at at the frame. Not right under the very area sliders are needed (Under the body pinch seems & Doors). The ones you are showing are tucked up under the floor next to the frame.

Last edited:

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone finally made a full step for 2-doors that hides the pinch seams!
Sponsored