First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2023 big bend 4dr v6 automatic non sas. Im wanting to lift it and put 37’s on it do I need regear the transmission?

also what offset should I get for the wheels?
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

???? post like this are amazing ... do people really buy a bronco and have no clue how there set up and where the Ring and pinion is at? brown cows don't make chocolate milk buddy.

glad your here to learn.

the ring and Pinon gears in your axles NOT the transmission, can be changed as you suspected.

I recommend a trip to the spicer website.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can get larger axel rings and pinions. You have a non sas so I’m not sure if that’s the m190 axels like the non sas black diamond has or if it’s the m210 axels. If it’s the 190, you will have to replace the axels which is going to be costly, unless someone came out with gears for that axel (I haven’t been able to find anyone)

OP
OP

Gideon_nunley

Big Bend
First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
???? post like this are amazing ... do people really buy a bronco and have no clue how there set up and where the Ring and pinion is at? brown cows don't make chocolate milk buddy.

glad your here to learn.

the ring and Pinon gears in your axles NOT the transmission, can be changed as you suspected.

I’m new to all this so that’s why I’m asking, gotta learn somehow

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

glad your here to learn.

Tl:dr
You don’t need to regear the transmission

you couldn’t afford it if you wanted to

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got a lot of work to do to get 37's on a Big Bend. Basically you need space (2+" of lift) to fit the tires under the wheel wells and heavier duty front axle (M210) with I would think 4.7 gears. There's a Ford Performance Bilstein lift I'd check out (5112's?), since that could be covered by your warranty when installed by Ford/ASE Red mechanic. There's a myriad of other things you'll need to do, as well (it's just never that simple).

Of course, a regear with axle swap is expensive. I would gather in the $7-10k range installed. You might look more at 35's, or 33's if you have 32's.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

glad your here to learn.

Is there a gear-only upgrade for an M190 that'll work for 37's?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Loool at the previous responses.

I don’t recommend 37’s to anyone that isn’t using them.

That being said, it’s not cheap, it’s not easy, and it affects your daily driving quality to an extent. If you want to DM me the exact details of your vehicle, what terrain you have around you and why you want 37’s as well as what kind of wheeling experience you have. I’ll try and help get you started.

You seem somewhat new (which is awesome!), we all start somewhere. Usually the first bit of advice I have for new wheelers is learn your vehicle as is, learn the basics. Figure out if getting pinstripes, cleaning mud, and banging on rocks is for you before dumping money at it.

Learn about trail etiquette, taking lines and performing some basic self maintenance on your vehicle as well.

All that being said, hit me up. I’ll point you to a couple different options.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why do you want 37s?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope you're paying attention, except for me there are several experienced members who've commented already.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hope you're paying attention, except for me there are several experienced members who've commented already.
I always look for your comments cause that’s how I know a thread is getting good ;)

Disciple Mike

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500, Bronco, 600RR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m new to all this so that’s why I’m asking, gotta learn somehow
Don’t feel bad about being new to something, everyone has to start somewhere. There’s endless accessories and modifications to make, so it’s pretty important to have an end goal in mind that you’ll be satisfied with and will meet your needs and wants. I think you’ll find as well, the more research you do, the better questions you’ll be able to ask. Enjoy the process!