Sponsored

Do not order through MAS (Military Auto Source)

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got this email from MAS trying to back out of their so called "Lowest Price Guarantee". MAS is supposed to be a special offering for military members fighting overseas in support or direct contact with the war efforts. They are in fact just another gimmick. I showed them a quote for a 4 dr advanced 4x4, Black Diamond, 2.7/auto MIC top, mid package and they responding saying they won't honor special orders. Considering that ALL Broncos are ordered, there is no way that my build is special....Here's the responce from MAS....
Dear TSgt Price,

I understand your concerns. However, as per information received from our Ford Product Manager, we only offer Lowest Price Guarantee for stock units/vehicles that exist. As we are still awaiting confirmation from Ford regarding the allocation for the 2022 Ford Bronco which is a limited allocation model, we cannot give a lowest price for a special order.

Once we receive an update regarding the allocation, we will let you know.

Regards,
Sponsored

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like their hands are sincerely tied on this one, but maybe ask them how they handle Tesla orders and what’s different here.
They don't sell Tesla. This whole time, I was being told that they will match or beat ANY dealer, like for like. They said that I had one of the 20 slots for 2021, then they said they couldn't get my Badlands cause it was special order, now they are saying Black Diamond is special order. Hell, they are all special orders. I wonder if I could switch my slot to a normal dealer like Stephens or Granger

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've bought several vehicles from MAS, and bottom line is they are just another dealer in the business of making money, and they do not prioritize your interests. If you can get a better deal elsewhere that works for you geographically, I say go for it and walk away from MAS.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've bought several vehicles from MAS, and bottom line is they are just another dealer in the business of making money, and they do not prioritize your interests. If you can get a better deal elsewhere that works for you geographically, I say go for it and walk away from MAS.
I plan too. It just ticks me off when they say they guarantee lowest price then try to weasel out of it because all Broncos are special order. I'm not surprised they can't match others deal, but don't waste my time for a year saying they will match or beat any dealer, then drop the bomb when I get a so called slot.

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree with your perspective, shady (perhaps unethical) behavior by MAS, but not illegal.
Lots of opportunities to get below invoice pricing if you are flexible on delivery location.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No one I know holds them in high regard. Couple guys in my unit were talking about them today. I guess there was a news article or something about MAS' shady business practices and reneging on their word.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got this email from MAS trying to back out of their so called "Lowest Price Guarantee". MAS is supposed to be a special offering for military members fighting overseas in support or direct contact with the war efforts. They are in fact just another gimmick. I showed them a quote for a 4 dr advanced 4x4, Black Diamond, 2.7/auto MIC top, mid package and they responding saying they won't honor special orders. Considering that ALL Broncos are ordered, there is no way that my build is special....Here's the responce from MAS....
Dear TSgt Price,

I understand your concerns. However, as per information received from our Ford Product Manager, we only offer Lowest Price Guarantee for stock units/vehicles that exist. As we are still awaiting confirmation from Ford regarding the allocation for the 2022 Ford Bronco which is a limited allocation model, we cannot give a lowest price for a special order.

Once we receive an update regarding the allocation, we will let you know.

Regards,
Ya, I am fighting them on this too. They are full of it. They will not offer their low price guarantee, and if need be, I am going take legal action to hold them to it. I already paid for my order in full, provided them with two quotes and they keep making up new terms and conditions. That was NEVER a term or condition that was provided. I have a copy of a document which detailed the "lowest price guarantee" conditions that they made up in late June 2021. I will be happy to provide that to you as evidence that they keep making this up as they go along. They are doing the wrong thing, this is supposed to be a "benefit" for service members, and I am angry. They owe me about $3500 (my bronco is already paid for).

DM me, I might have some useful information to share with you as well as some other pathways to address this situation. I am sure that multiple complaints bundled as one to the right person (who I believe I have identified) will have much more impact than my lone complaint. I am more than happy to help in that aspect (I have a few people in my life who know where the bodies are buried within the exchange services command and I brought a shovel).

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No one I know holds them in high regard. Couple guys in my unit were talking about them today. I guess there was a news article or something about MAS' shady business practices and reneging on their word.
If you can find me a copy of that article I would be indebted to you.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with your perspective, shady (perhaps unethical) behavior by MAS, but not illegal.
Lots of opportunities to get below invoice pricing if you are flexible on delivery location.
Actually, not disclosing contractual conditions and changing those conditions on the fly is what some might call fraud... Last I checked fraud is illegal.

Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you can find me a copy of that article I would be indebted to you.
Seems it wasn't an article, my bad. They were just talking about it but apparently there's info and testimonials on reddit about it. I would check there if you haven't already. Hope that helps. Sounds like you guys might have a legit case on your hands if they're trying to alter a written agreement. Definitely don't let them jerk you around.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plan too. It just ticks me off when they say they guarantee lowest price then try to weasel out of it because all Broncos are special order. I'm not surprised they can't match others deal, but don't waste my time for a year saying they will match or beat any dealer, then drop the bomb when I get a so called slot.
Actually, not disclosing contractual conditions and changing those conditions on the fly is what some might call fraud... Last I checked fraud is illegal.
If they were operating on the installation you could make a complaint through the IG and the military exchange. If they are off base then the courts would seem to be your only recourse.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, I am fighting them on this too. They are full of it. They will not offer their low price guarantee, and if need be, I am going take legal action to hold them to it. I already paid for my order in full, provided them with two quotes and they keep making up new terms and conditions. That was NEVER a term or condition that was provided. I have a copy of a document which detailed the "lowest price guarantee" conditions that they made up in late June 2021. I will be happy to provide that to you as evidence that they keep making this up as they go along. They are doing the wrong thing, this is supposed to be a "benefit" for service members, and I am angry. They owe me about $3500 (my bronco is already paid for).

DM me, I might have some useful information to share with you as well as some other pathways to address this situation. I am sure that multiple complaints bundled as one to the right person (who I believe I have identified) will have much more impact than my lone complaint. I am more than happy to help in that aspect (I have a few people in my life who know where the bodies are buried within the exchange services command and I brought a shovel).
Agreed...I have been asking for pricing for months and all I get in response is that they will guarantee ANY dealer price. Even when I told them about Stephen's offering $1000 below invoice, I was told that He would match or beat like for like, but he never would give me a quote. End of May, he said he had one of the 20 slots for me, but when I tried to order my build, he said they couldn't order any Badlands so I switch to a Black Diamond for my wife and have my Badlands ordered through Stephens. When they sent me the quote it was only a savings of $434 and to boot, it was the 2.3L instead of the V6. When I sent them the actual quote for the exact build for a Black Diamond, they said they would only guarantee apples to apples. I told them that my build was exactly the same, apples to apples....Now they are saying it is a special order and they only guarantee stock units that exist. Since ALL broncos are supposed to be ordered, they are ALL special as there shouldn't be any dealer stock, only mannequins that can't be sold for six months....I sent them a reply saying they were no more than a gimmick and it's BS they are trying to weasel out of their so called Guarantee and wasted more than a year of my time. I just made another reservation but the way things are going, it looks like it'll be 2025 before my wife gets hers. At least I still have mine through Stephens Auto

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they were operating on the installation you could make a complaint through the IG and the military exchange. If they are off base then the courts would seem to be your only recourse.
They were on base in Kandahar when I put my deposit down as soon as the Bronco R was released in Nov. 2019. They put me down on a Harley to hold my spot for a Bronco till they got ordering info, then converted my order over back in Jan. Now, Kandahar is gone, but I'm in Qatar now and there is a MAS on base

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed...I have been asking for pricing for months and all I get in response is that they will guarantee ANY dealer price. Even when I told them about Stephen's offering $1000 below invoice, I was told that He would match or beat like for like, but he never would give me a quote. End of May, he said he had one of the 20 slots for me, but when I tried to order my build, he said they couldn't order any Badlands so I switch to a Black Diamond for my wife and have my Badlands ordered through Stephens. When they sent me the quote it was only a savings of $434 and to boot, it was the 2.3L instead of the V6.
They were on base in Kandahar when I put my deposit down as soon as the Bronco R was released in Nov. 2019. They put me down on a Harley to hold my spot for a Bronco till they got ordering info, then converted my order over back in Jan. Now, Kandahar is gone, but I'm in Qatar now and there is a MAS on base
Right now, an IG complaint, probably isn't the best path foward. Like I said I do know how to route this through to have an impact. I don't want to say too much publicly, but if you message me above, I will be happy to share information.

There are people at NEXCOM who are aware of my complaint. As a lone voice, it may get resolved, but if we have a chorus... I am quite sure that it will get significant attention.

LCDR Mark Peugeot (you can find me on the global) and email me there if you prefer.
Sponsored