Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all,

I mentioned to a MAS rep that I wish they could order the full size bronco a few weeks ago, and got an email last week that they have 1 2021 allocation that came available and wanted to know if I was interested. Of course I am, so we've moved forward with the process of ordering a 4dr Outer Banks model. I've been following the significant production delays and wondering how it will affect my delivery. I mentioned this to the rep and he stated that dealer delays do not apply since they are a factory direct program, and the expected delivery date is Dec 2021. Does MAS have some sort of priority code on their vehicle orders? Specs of the bronco for reference: 4dr OBX in CG color, MIC top, 2.7L, high package, leather, tow package. I would really like it to be a 2022 model and potentially get the new green that will come with the 22 model. Anybody have some good intel on if there is a priority for MAS or if should expect a delay in production?
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all,

I mentioned to a MAS rep that I wish they could order the full size bronco a few weeks ago, and got an email last week that they have 1 2021 allocation that came available and wanted to know if I was interested. Of course I am, so we've moved forward with the process of ordering a 4dr Outer Banks model. I've been following the significant production delays and wondering how it will affect my delivery. I mentioned this to the rep and he stated that dealer delays do not apply since they are a factory direct program, and the expected delivery date is Dec 2021. Does MAS have some sort of priority code on their vehicle orders? Specs of the bronco for reference: 4dr OBX in CG color, MIC top, 2.7L, high package, leather, tow package. I would really like it to be a 2022 model and potentially get the new green that will come with the 22 model. Anybody have some good intel on if there is a priority for MAS or if should expect a delay in production?
Sort of, yes and no, MAS goes through a different ordering system and as such has a promised allocation of 2021 Broncos. So regular dealers go through WBDO (Web-Based Dealership Ordering System) and MAS is ordering through WDMO (worldwide direct market operations). This does not mean that they can guarantee you will get a MY21 until they get a VIN number, which took 20 days to generate in my case. Also you won't have the emails and swag that people get when ordering through a dealership and the Ford Website doesn't recognize my VIN number. I also couldn't go to the Bronco Off-Roadeo because they couldn't verify my VIN number either. Finally, MAS can't guarantee that Ford won't be able to meet their commitments, because that's been an issue. I would argue that MAS does have significant connections to Ford with regards to ensuring that they have relatively high level attention should an order be in danger of not being fulfilled, but this late in the game, don't expect to jump to the front of the line either. There is no way that your order would be built before September under any circumstances. Your build is very similar to mine, and you might run into problems with the lack of available parts to build the vehicle.

Ask them about their low price guarantee, because they haven't honored it for me. Get a quote from Granger and Chapman before you do a deal with them. They were (average of both) $3500 cheaper on my OBX build. Don't even negotiate with them until you get a commitment from them in writing that they will honor the best price.

BTW, I was supposed to be built last week initially, according to my MAS rep, I was bumped to this week. It is highly probable that I will be bumped again. I have had a VIN since 24 May 2021, but I can't see a window sticker, I don't have a blend date currently, and there is very little that I can see from the normal tools. Don't expect that you will get any special treatment once it comes to factory limitations (this isn't MAS's fault, but they can't change the outcome either).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mtayor0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sort of, yes and no, MAS goes through a different ordering system and as such has a promised allocation of 2021 Broncos. So regular dealers go through WBDO (Web-Based Dealership Ordering System) and MAS is ordering through WDMO (worldwide direct market operations). This does not mean that they can guarantee you will get a MY21 until they get a VIN number, which took 20 days to generate in my case. Also you won't have the emails and swag that people get when ordering through a dealership and the Ford Website doesn't recognize my VIN number. I also couldn't go to the Bronco Off-Roadeo because they couldn't verify my VIN number either. Finally, MAS can't guarantee that Ford won't be able to meet their commitments, because that's been an issue. I would argue that MAS does have significant connections to Ford with regards to ensuring that they have relatively high level attention should an order be in danger of not being fulfilled, but this late in the game, don't expect to jump to the front of the line either. There is no way that your order would be built before September under any circumstances. Your build is very similar to mine, and you might run into problems with the lack of available parts to build the vehicle.

Ask them about their low price guarantee, because they haven't honored it for me. Get a quote from Granger and Chapman before you do a deal with them. They were (average of both) $3500 cheaper on my OBX build. Don't even negotiate with them until you get a commitment from them in writing that they will honor the best price.

BTW, I was supposed to be built last week initially, according to my MAS rep, I was bumped to this week. It is highly probable that I will be bumped again. I have had a VIN since 24 May 2021, but I can't see a window sticker, I don't have a blend date currently, and there is very little that I can see from the normal tools. Don't expect that you will get any special treatment once it comes to factory limitations (this isn't MAS's fault, but they can't change the outcome either).

Thank you for the info! I read about your problem with them honoring the price match policy. Considering the limited availability and the craziness throughout the car market right now, I'll live with the standard $500 mil discount. Their warranty was also significantly overpriced-check out Flood Ford if you're interested in an extended warranty. Hope you win your fight on the price match battle. I'm just happy I won't have to deal with the car search at the next OS assignment.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the info! I read about your problem with them honoring the price match policy. Considering the limited availability and the craziness throughout the car market right now, I'll live with the standard $500 mil discount. Their warranty was also significantly overpriced-check out Flood Ford if you're interested in an extended warranty. Hope you win your fight on the price match battle. I'm just happy I won't have to deal with the car search at the next OS assignment.
Let's put it this way, as a matter of principle, I don't like seeing other service members being taken advantage of. I didn't even get the "$500" standard discount, I turned down the warranty, because Plus they are not going broke on the deal, the markup was $9,037 over what they paid for the Bronco. I wasn't the only one who had this experience, if it was just me, I would drop it.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is MAS available for military retirees?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is MAS available for military retirees?
I think under some very limited criteria, but generally, no. I would encourage you to check their website just incase I am wrong.

militaryautosource.com

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think under some very limited criteria, but generally, no. I would encourage you to check their website just incase I am wrong.

militaryautosource.com
MAS is usually limited to deployed personnel. You can be active, retiree etc, but I think you have to be overseas when ordering.
"Our only customer is the service member overseas..."

https://militaryautosource.com/about/what-we-do

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a pin for the 500$ military discount. But the Bronco is not included.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

militaryautosource.com
Thanks for the link. Now I remember that they would come aboard ship when we deployed overseas. Had to be OCONUS to buy through them.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MAS is a joke and no better than a creepy stealership, stay away and just keep an eye out for a retail sale unit, you have a better chance.

- 21 year Army SGM, that had to deal with MAS for many Soldiers stupidity / gullibility.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mtayor0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Let's put it this way, as a matter of principle, I don't like seeing other service members being taken advantage of. I didn't even get the "$500" standard discount, I turned down the warranty, because Plus they are not going broke on the deal, the markup was $9,037 over what they paid for the Bronco. I wasn't the only one who had this experience, if it was just me, I would drop it.

Hey mpeugeot,

Take a look at this quote, specifically the line below the 2.7L engine choice that says "Restriction Warning-Out for model year"...Did your quote say that?? Wondering how accurate this is considering they're saying I'll get the vehicle in December. Also, they don't offer the Ford Pass points with MAS...ugh.

Attachments

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey mpeugeot,

Take a look at this quote, specifically the line below the 2.7L engine choice that says "Restriction Warning-Out for model year"...Did your quote say that?? Wondering how accurate this is considering they're saying I'll get the vehicle in December. Also, they don't offer the Ford Pass points with MAS...ugh.
No, my quote said nothing like that. That's crazy!!! That's a big deal, they are really constrained on 2.7's then... because they wouldn't say that unless Ford was telling them that! WOW! I wouldn't count on getting an MY21 in that case. I don't know how long that will last or whether or not Ford will allow this to become an early MY22 order. I would definitely get that resolved with your MAS rep (in writing) before signing an acceptance order. You might also want to get a quote from Granger or Chapman ahead of time just to add to the yuck-yucks!!! They talk big about their low price guarantee so make them work for your business. They are making over $9k on my order currently.

Order Accept.jpg

OP
OP

Mtayor0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, my quote said nothing like that. That's crazy!!! That's a big deal, they are really constrained on 2.7's then... because they wouldn't say that unless Ford was telling them that! WOW! I wouldn't count on getting an MY21 in that case. I don't know how long that will last or whether or not Ford will allow this to become an early MY22 order. I would definitely get that resolved with your MAS rep (in writing) before signing an acceptance order. You might also want to get a quote from Granger or Chapman ahead of time just to add to the yuck-yucks!!! They talk big about their low price guarantee so make them work for your business. They are making over $9k on my order currently.
I asked the rep for some clarification, so I'll report what answer they give me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP

Mtayor0813

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hope they get you some good info

According to MAS, no way around the 2.7L issue and I will have to accept a 2.3L if I want the vehicle. Interestingly enough, I called Ford's customer service line to confirm this and they said there is no restriction placed on ordering the 2.7L. The lady said she sees 2.7L orders daily and that this must be something imposed by MAS and it definitely was not ford. I don't know who's right and who's wrong here, but I told the MAS rep to cancel my order. I'm not going to pay 50K for a new vehicle that doesn't have what I want. I'll just put my name in the lottery for the 2022 bronco.
Sponsored