Sponsored

Do not order through MAS (Military Auto Source)

Mike82

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 KZJ78 LandCruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I got lucky. Put in an order in January, should be built by the end of March, paid $500 under MSRP. This is the second vehicle I have purchased through MAS/ENCS. The previous one was a 2014 Raptor that I was actually able to get a $1500 rebate on!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I got lucky. Put in an order in January, should be built by the end of March, paid $500 under MSRP. This is the second vehicle I have purchased through MAS/ENCS. The previous one was a 2014 Raptor that I was actually able to get a $1500 rebate on!
So you have a VIN already?

Mike82

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 KZJ78 LandCruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you have a VIN already?
Nope. Should I have one by now? I know the process is different when ordering through MAS vs a ford dealership. I will email the MAS rep and find out when he thinks I will get one.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems interesting as I've never had issues with price matching to include a Shelby GT500 that I ordered, but they may have their policies. You have to have a legitimate quote from a dealership on that exact build, etc...If you do have that in hand, continue to run it up the chain. MAS is a part of AAFES, so you can also go the route of filing an ICE complaint, etc...The only thing you have to lose is time.
I showed them my DORA and they said it was a special order. They are all special orders, unless you want a big bend or outer banks. I ordered a BL 2 dr, Sas, 2.7L with High. They were just using an excuse since my dealer was giving me $1000 below invoice. MAS said it had to be sitting on the lot for them to match price. What a load of shit

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope. Should I have one by now? I know the process is different when ordering through MAS vs a ford dealership. I will email the MAS rep and find out when he thinks I will get one.
dont think it matters who you order it through but did you get a email saying it is in production /being built because sometimes people get told a date they should get it by but it is not true because even if you only order a 4 door soft top base with a 2.3 to get it in two months is fast sense most people put in orders in jan and feb of 2021 and still have no dates

Sponsored

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve served for 19 years and never heard of these chuckleheads. Just go through Costco or USAA car buying and call it a day

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your fastest way to find your VIN will be your account on MAS's website. If you don't have a VIN now, it is highly unlikely that you will be getting a Bronco by the end of March is near 0. I am not saying that it won't happen, but chances are very slim.

Now with that said, when I finalized my order with MAS (May 4th), it only took 20 days (May 24th) to get a VIN and I was scheduled for a production week in late July, just a few days later. So it did happen pretty quickly through MAS, but my sales rep found out from me, not the other way around.

jdwin1989

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Escape XLT, 2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I found this thread. Prior to this year, I've bought two vehicles thru MAS while I was active duty. Now, this year, I've bought a Maverick (got REAL lucky) to use as sort of a gap vehicle until I get my Bronco. I ordered the Bronco (4DR BL, non-sas, 2.7, AUTO, soft top, etc.) on Jan 18, 22. The order is showing up on the MAS tracker. No VIN yet. Unfortunatley, I found out a week or so after that the sales rep made a typo on my email address which he corrected. But, I haven't recieved any emails from Ford. Here's the real kicker. I've asked to get the DORA, and/or my order number and the dealer code so I can check on the Bronco's progress on my own but was denied. In an email from the Supervisor of Vehicle Production to my sales rep, "We cannot provide this to the customer. Any constraints or issues on the deal will be communicated by us as we receive information." Talk about making me feel like a Private again. "we'll tell you what you need to know!" Why they can't provide an order number and the MAS sales code is beyond me. MTF on this as that is not an acceptable answer.

EDIT -- I'm changing my order to the 2.3L MT, switching to the capable bumper and adding the now optional 18 inch black machine faced wheels. But the sales rep says some of those aren't showing up in their ordering system yet.

Last edited:

jdwin1989

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve served for 19 years and never heard of these chuckleheads. Just go through Costco or USAA car buying and call it a day
When I bought my 2007 Escape in Korea, they were called Exchange New Car Sales (ENCS). Overseas Military Sales Corp. is still the parent company though.

jdwin1989

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I showed them my DORA and they said it was a special order. They are all special orders, unless you want a big bend or outer banks. I ordered a BL 2 dr, Sas, 2.7L with High. They were just using an excuse since my dealer was giving me $1000 below invoice. MAS said it had to be sitting on the lot for them to match price. What a load of shit
How did you get your DORA?

Sponsored
OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did you get your DORA?
I had one order through Gerard at MAS while in Afghanistan. He said he would match like for like for any dealer I ordered through.
I had another order through Stephens Auto Source for my 2 dr BadSas 2.7L with High pkg and I was going to use MAS to order a Bronco for my wife. When they sent me there so called deal, it was nowhere near as good as Stephens. I showed them my DORA from Stephens. Thats when they emailed me and said they wouldn't match a special order. So, I put a third order in through Stephens for my wife's Black Diamond 4 dr, soft top, 2.7L, mid pkg. MAS wouldn't match that DORA from Stephens either. I will see if MAS can get me a Raptor Bronco, if not, then I'll get my deposit back. I was mislead from the beginning. I have emails from Gerard at MAS saying he would match like for like even when I told him that Stephens was quoting me $1000 below invoice and he still said he will match.
These Broncos are just toys for me. I will wait to save some cash. My wife's is sitting on "Ice Mountain" waiting on chips. Mine is a 2 dr so I have no idea when I'll see mine. I'm in Iraq now, so I get it when I get it.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First off thank you for your service to our great country. Secondly I ordered 20 Of them through MAS and had them shipped to Ukraine and put on the government tab.😀

Rat

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr Bronco Wildtrak, 22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MAS is not perfect but I would argue what system is? On my third order through them. They have their rules but rest assured, there will not be a $20k ADM. Sure, you can do better but their system is not like a dealer in any way. They get allocation like dealers but that is probably the closest likeness there is. Bottom line I what my truck without shit games. MAS is the safest bet. Just be mindful of the tack on items and adjust accordingly.

OP
OP
luvmybronco

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MAS is not perfect but I would argue what system is? On my third order through them. They have their rules but rest assured, there will not be a $20k ADM. Sure, you can do better but their system is not like a dealer in any way. They get allocation like dealers but that is probably the closest likeness there is. Bottom line I what my truck without shit games. MAS is the safest bet. Just be mindful of the tack on items and adjust accordingly.
I agree, no system is perfect. But, don't BS me and tell me you will match like for like, then say that you won't match like for like.
On both of my builds, MAS told me I would have to change something. They couldn't get either of my builds exactly as I wanted. What's the point of ordering something and be limited on what you can order?

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Must not have spent anytime overseas…at least in the last 25 years.
Sponsored