rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

on the Bronco once you put it in drive dont it automatically go into 2high on the automatic and Sasquatch
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had three four wheel drive vehicles before my Bronco and only used 4H to get over the mountains in the winter. I assume since you asked that question, you have as much experience as I do off road (none, lol). I went to the Vegas Off Rodeo this past weekend and it was awesome. A lot of newbies there like me. We learned a lot about off roading, but even more about the Bronco's capabilities and how to use them. I highly recommend you go if you can, even if you aren't really interested in taking her off road.
I went back in June and might go back next year when/about to get my Bronco to learn more about it and when and when not to use it in modes and what gears

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should not have any "burning" smell in 4A. I am at nearly 40k miles, mostly in 4A.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2-High.

4-Low / 4-High is for off-road and low-traction scenarios only. You can also use 4-Auto (if you got the Advanced transfer case), but it is rarely necessary and does put some additional strain on the drivetrain when the computer guesses wrong.

When it doubt, use the GOAT modes.
Sometimes NORMAL GOAT mode selects 4A. Other times it selects 2H.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes NORMAL GOAT mode selects 4A. Other times it selects 2H.
I've noticed it does this if I was in Slippery and go back to Normal. Also noticed Eco won't allow 4A.

Sponsored

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've noticed it does this if I was in Slippery and go back to Normal. Also noticed Eco won't allow 4A.
Ahh … good troubleshooting! Now that you say this, I can see that pattern too. Thank you.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The person that delivers sold vehicles to customers should lead with "is this your first 4wd vehicle?" and adjust the presentation from there. If the inner voice says this is some really basic level information, then consult the world wide web (yes, i know) before posting said question on this kind of forum. I opened this thread just to see how bad it was going to get. Wasn't as bad as I thought.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baffles me how much people will spend on a vehicle and depend on Forums instead of reading user manual. Bronco even comes literally with a handout on glovebox when to the different modes. Clearly state do not use 4H / 4A on dry pavement…..
THIS! Read the user manual, 1000%. You should NEVER use ANY advanced feature in a vehicle without reading the manual first.
Sponsored