Sponsored

Do you prefer the Heritage Edition in Big Bend or Badlands version?

Do you prefer the heritage edition to the corresponding big bend or badlands?

• Total voters

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There were No 4D Broncos prior to 2021..... so doing a Heritage in something OTHER than the ORIGINAL 2D is Just Wrong..... IMHO....

Like I've said before, if they do a Heritage in 4D, the can do the Raptor in a 2D!!!!

sorry..... stepping down off of the soapbox now......

at least they got the shape of the fenders right......
I am with the pope. Broncos are 2 doors. I like the big bend version. It is simple and clean. But then again they didn’t show a limited version in a 2 door. But not a fan of the black wheels with white rings. I wish they could figure out how to make the white grill smaller and color match the outside part. But the way it is designed, it is just not cost effective. Obviously I am biased sense I built my Heritage Edition about 8 months ago. I am hoping they go with the square fenders on all models from now on. They should have done that from the very beginning.
Sponsored

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should make a special edition Called, We Can’t walk but we are going to try and run edition.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the risk of being accused of trolling, every attempt auto manufacturers have made to go retro has failed miserably. The reissues are generally all looked at as dated and lame some time later, while the originals are still well respected. It’s like getting a Gibson reissue or a Fender road worn IMO. If you want a retro Bronco, my opinion is to go buy an old Bronco and make it beautiful. New Broncos pretending to be old Broncos do not, IMO, exhibit any taste.
The ^G Bronco IS retro.... So I don't think your argument holds up. What Ford with the heritage edition is make a retro vehicle with parts and components that can't just be painted in a retro finish and look right - but due to what I assume is their market testing people are asking for anyway.

For example, The grill on the 6G is at least 2x the size of the original grill. So on the original a chrome or while grill was just a "splash" of white or chrome, just a accent. But on the 6G the whole front of the Bronco becomes a giant white piece of plastic. It's no longer just an accent, its overpowering.

Same with the roof. The modern roof looks like a Lego in white. (Well in any color, but white really overwhelms.)

Ford did a good enough job for my to buy one, but sometimes I still look at it and say, "man so close, but so far away."

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It really is funny. The reveal had a white dash, and the world went apeshit about how great it was. Now? What was ford thinking when they came up with the white grill?! None of this really matters. The ford website said this was going to be limited availability, and no guarantees. If you don't like it or think it's over priced? I'm sure there are sufficient people who want this. Me? I don't mater either. I'm just waiting on my bronco like everyone else.

Dangler

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For example, The grill on the 6G is at least 2x the size of the original grill. So on the original a chrome or while grill was just a "splash" of white or chrome, just a accent. But on the 6G the whole front of the Bronco becomes a giant white piece of plastic. It's no longer just an accent, its overpowering.

Same with the roof. The modern roof looks like a Lego in white. (Well in any color, but white really overwhelms.)
That’s exactly how I feel about the grill as well—it’s like an entire nose cap that just can’t be dialed back. On the non-HE editions it’s a shade of grey so more subtle, but would still benefit from a body colored outer bevel.

I could live with the top in a more muted white but the grill is just too much.

Oh well. Life goes on.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i want the badlands features but the non-limited white steely wheels and a seven speed stick.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely like the Big Bend heritage wheels better. Do not like the red accents on the grills or interior. Either way, as expected, the package is no where near worth the price of admission IMO.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing I really don't like is the wheels on the HE Limited. They are just flat out ugly. Gloss black with a white ring?? Very off-putting.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO, they tried too hard...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the risk of being accused of trolling, every attempt auto manufacturers have made to go retro has failed miserably. The reissues are generally all looked at as dated and lame some time later, while the originals are still well respected. It’s like getting a Gibson reissue or a Fender road worn IMO. If you want a retro Bronco, my opinion is to go buy an old Bronco and make it beautiful. New Broncos pretending to be old Broncos do not, IMO, exhibit any taste.
A Les Paul clone still has the exact shape. No carmaker pulls out old tooling and stampings from 40 year old models
White Dash is a big giant puking no. It's just gross, and will get disgustingly filthy.

Every 1960s and 70's car I ever owned had a body colored dash. Of course, back then the dash was metal.

Not a fan of the white grill either, would have liked chrome a lot more.

Also, it seems that you can only get Yellowstone on the $66K one, not the $45k one? Lame.
Metal dashboards were deemed a safety hazard

NOTHING Ford could ever do would make us all happy.
But they could at least try

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s exactly how I feel about the grill as well—it’s like an entire nose cap that just can’t be dialed back. On the non-HE editions it’s a shade of grey so more subtle, but would still benefit from a body colored outer bevel.

I could live with the top in a more muted white but the grill is just too much.

Oh well. Life goes on.
I'm waiting for someone to attempt to color key just the outer rim on the new grill and then do white, black or grey for the rest of the grill.... Or and aftermarket grill that has a color keyed outer rim.

One thing I notices right away is that they spaced the headlights all the way to the outer edges, where the originally inset quite a bit.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I prefer it, but it DEFINITELY could have been much better than what we got.
Sponsored