Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,

I would like some input regarding ease of upgrade/changes to vehicles such as the Bronco in order to decide on a trim level. My ideal build would be a Base 4 door Sasquatch with a manual transmission, 2.7L engine, and 12" screen. That is obviously not possible in its entirety. I am only interested in a Bronco with a manual transmission as I would rather wait for a hybrid/electric version of the Bronco or something else on the horizon (Rivian, electric trucks, etc.) if I have to go auto. For a long time I have been looking at a Badlands non-Sasquatch with the High or Lux package but have some issues with spending over 50k for something that is acceptable instead of exciting especially without seeing or driving it. I also have an issue spending that much for a 2.3L engine. I know some people say the 2.3L is fine, but I did drive a 2020 Ford Explorer with the 2.3L as a rental car by chance and basically thought it was adequate but underwhelming. I also am not likely to ever fully utilize the off road stuff in a Badlands, I would likely only drive on easy terrain/dirt roads/etc.

The most cost effective approach it seems would be to get a Big Bend non-Sasquatch and then upgrade stuff later if I wanted to. Would maybe think about getting 33" tires and changing the screen later if that is even an option. I have also thought about cancelling and just waiting to see if some of these options become available later on. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll make this easy. The only thing you can't have on the BB that you can on the BL is the 12" screen. If that's a must have for you the BL is the only way to go. If you can do w/o it then to with the BB. It's a good value if you don't try and build it to BL specs. If your considering upgrading the tire or screen later on; just get the BL with the high package. Adding the 12" screen in the future may be more costly than buying it from the factory. You might even need to buy a entire dash trim since I'm not sure on how the bezel figment works.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah that's the real annoyance with the way the models work. My ideal would be bb with lux. Maybe Bd cause I like the mgv based on others who've seen it. But that's way more capable than I'd ever need.

I don't love obx but that's where I'm at because I can get it where in want it mostly a hair under 50k. I've got a mental block spending more than that

OP
OP

Taco Grande

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ML350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can live without the 12"screen for a ~$10k price difference. I think I mostly have an issue trying to order something without having seen and therefore being able to compare the different models in person, and having no idea what it actually feels like to drive a 2.3L manual. I have it built up in my mind that it must suck because it is a 4 cylinder engine, which may or may not be the case. I don't want my Bronco to look wimpy, but it's hard to know the real difference in looks between a BB, BD, and BL just looking at online pictures and videos. Smart thing would be to wait and actually see them in person. Not sure how it is going to work with each dealer, but I think I will only place an order if I can back out after seeing it with no consequences. That might be the case as the dealer I am using requires no additional deposit.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wanting 4 door now set for a Bend with locker. Who needs a 12" screen on a 4x4 with a manual trans? Price goes up $3k an inch for that screen.

In the back of my mind Base 2 door no options makes me smile.
Sponsored