30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been back and forth on Base vs Big Bend and everyone I know is done hearing about it. There are items on the Big Bend that I would like, but I don't see the additional $5K in value for those options. With the Base I'm giving up:
  • Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob --> don't care about either
  • LED fog lights --> do care and would like, but can install aftermarket for $300
  • Privacy glass --> do care and would like, but can install 5-window ceramic tint for $450
  • Tires & Rims ---> I'm good with the Steelies, but will probably swap out at some point
  • 6th G.O.A.T mode --> I'm good with 5 G.O.A.T modes and they will get me where I'm going
  • Color Options --> would have liked Cactus Gray, but just as happy with Oxford White or AB
  • Option to buy more options --> could care less about the Mid Pkg and.... I'm buying a Bronco, do I really need the Co-Pilot 360 bundle with lane assist?
Anyway, after a lot of deliberation I'm going with a Base 2-Door, Oxford White, with Sound Deadening Headliner, Roof Rack & Keyless-Entry KeyPad, so I can leave my keys in my aftermarket center console vault.

Personally I don't see the extra $5K in value going from Base to Big Bend. If I had my heart set on a particular color I guess that might sway my decision, but everything else can be added or changed later except the 6th G.O.A.T mode.
Totally in agreement with one issue: no rear locker available on base. That said, no WAY Would I drop 5 grand to have the right to spend another $500 on a locker. Also, AMB, lol.
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think Black Diamond Is suited more towards your needs. So Base or BD, big bend in my opinion is the swiss army knife option. It has a little bit of everything but can also be out of reach with its options. The black diamond on the other hand is Base with more off road direction. I think in January you will have a better idea of what you want once you start truly seeing how Base the base really is. From my observation the deck the trim and the carpet on the base are really base. From the pictures it appears there is no center grab handle. I myself am leaning towards Big Bend, because of the Tech options.

OP
OP
Tarjea

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think Black Diamond Is suited more towards your needs. So Base or BD, big bend in my opinion is the swiss army knife option. It has a little bit of everything but can also be out of reach with its options. The black diamond on the other hand is Base with more off road direction. I think in January you will have a better idea of what you want once you start truly seeing how Base the base really is. From my observation the deck the trim and the carpet on the base are really base. From the pictures it appears there is no center grab handle. I myself am leaning towards Big Bend, because of the Tech options.
I don't care how "base" it is. I'd probably forget how to use half the tech in the Base. After the price update a BD has been pretty tempting.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't care how "base" it is. I'd probably forget how to use half the tech in the Base. After the price update a BD has been pretty tempting.
I noticed on the 4 doors, the base Base is only $1200 cheaper than a base Big Bend, the BB having a manual and 4.46 gears with the 2.3
add in the locking diff and thats a pretty decent rig.
I haven't ran the Black Diamond too thoroughly yet, but there seems to be some room there, but with all the offroad goodies, it will be pretty damm capable.

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

With Granger 2000 under msrp deal I may go 2 door BB with Auto over the Base. Just swap out those street tires for some AT 33s and done.
What is the Granger 2000 under msrp deal?
Sponsored