Base Model or Big Bend?

EvlNvrDys

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Are they All Season or All Terrain? I found All Season which looks like All Terrain in Walmart for $74.00

1599837841090.png
I just put a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers (285/70/r17) on the wife's Jeep last winter. So far she likes them. Depending whether or not on sale, run in the $180-$220 range for that size (the wider 33's) and they look good. So far handle good as well, they are more of a hybrid between AT & MT. I'd probably run them or some BFG's MT's or AT's. A lot of people also mention the Faulken Wildpeaks.

1599840234613.png

Advertisement

Hoofnmouth

Base
First Name
mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Clubs

I went from base to BB and in last few days back to base. OJ white or CG...
Same here was set on cg then the white now the whole world is falling out of the sky due to fires so im back to cg

Broncomputer

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
4door 7 speed Big Bend for me.

I want the mid package, as this will be a daily driver. Base doesn't have it. Also I believe Area 51 doesn't come in Base.

I don't need any fancy off-road stuff but I'd like enough to go overlanding, or just trails. I'd love a Badlands, but I know I'd be a poser, because I wouldn't use the steel bumpers, or added tech/mechanical things... plus its an extra 10-15k more.

At most I'd change out the wheels or just powdercoat the stock things to black.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 XLT Longbed Extended Cab
Clubs

Big Bend 4 Door35,880Base 4 Door33,200
Auto1,600Auto0
Destination1,495Destination1,495
Aux Switches300Aux Switches300
4.27 E-Locker/LSD700Sasquatch5,000
41,875​
41,895​

Okay....here is my Big Bend versus BaseSquatch build. If I look at it this way, the BB doesn't cost me more to get to my preferred color (Cactus Gray). Also on the BB, I don't feel obliged to get the 2.7 like I do on the BaseSquatch. The prices on the locker and aux switches are just hopeful guesses.

Ugh...where is B&P???????

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 XLT Longbed Extended Cab
Clubs

Not sure how many of you saw or heard....apparently the Base 4DR does not come standard with the automatic. Thread is here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/what-the-fluff-did-ford-change-the-specs-on-base.5446/

It gets really interesting if the 2DR to 4DR price increase matches the rest of trims ($2495 bump). With current known prices you could end up with a BaseSquatch 4DR auto 2.7 aux switches for around $41K. That appears to be about $1k lower than with the auto included price!

Ford Canada is still showing Base 4DR as auto standard.

If price drops and a la cart lockers are available I might have a build around $38K for a Base 4DR 2.7 Auto Aux Switches and lockers/LSD.

Chrism81

Base
First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Clubs

100% agree. The 4-DR BASE with auto standard is a huge value. Even if you get top of the line aftermarket tires you'll have savings. Add individual features from Mid-Package and higher trims and it is THE trim to get.
automatic is not standard. Ford updated the page. It was a mistake. It will cost more to get the auto w/ base now.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Clubs

automatic is not standard. Ford updated the page. It was a mistake. It will cost more to get the auto w/ base now.
Yes. I was mistakenly going off of the Ford website that was changed today. I'm probably 90% Big Bend now. Not much of a value to do a 4DR BASE anymore.

Chrism81

Base
First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Clubs

Yes. I was mistakenly going off of the Ford website that was changed today. I'm probably 90% Big Bend now. Not much of a value to do a 4DR BASE anymore.
Hopefully they don't screw up on the accessories prices when the b&p comes out cause that change with the base really pissed a lot of people off. I was always looking at the 2 door, but that sucks for those that wanted the 4 door and now have to drop more money.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Clubs

Hopefully they don't screw up on the accessories prices when the b&p comes out cause that change with the base really pissed a lot of people off. I was always looking at the 2 door, but that sucks for those that wanted the 4 door and now have to drop more money.
If they are truly adding 200 accessories and options to B&P. I'm cool with them taking their time. I'd hate to configure a vehicle and be off the actual price $1600+ when it's time to order.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Dont bet on it about the screwup. It's Ford we are talking about, they can do anything and get away with it.

Advertisement

Advertisement