The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Squatch 35s w/2.3 on the road will be under-powered for me, for others it may be fine. We should all get what we want. Folks almost seem offended that I want the extra power of the 2.7. I've actually decided against 35s in general. Realized that my primary driving will be much better on 32s or 33s (w/2.7 of course!).
I'm not offended that you want the 2.7 its a great engine. But so is the 2.3. The 2.3 with the 93 Octane tune will give you the exact power of the 2.7.

I still haven't decided which engine I'm going to chose. I might go with the 2.7. But if i don't I know I will be plenty happy with the 2.3. I had the 2.3 im my 2015 Mustang Ecoboost. And with a tune especially its a potent engine.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only reason i was going bb was to get cactus grey now its f that base 7sp 2.3 wrap and lift i will update final price.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not offended that you want the 2.7 its a great engine. But so is the 2.3. The 2.3 with the 93 Octane tune will give you the exact power of the 2.7.

I still haven't decided which engine I'm going to chose. I might go with the 2.7. But if i don't I know I will be plenty happy with the 2.3. I had the 2.3 im my 2015 Mustang Ecoboost. And with a tune especially its a potent engine.
Never had a tune. About how much would the dealership charge for a Ford Performance tune that is under warranty for each engine? How much extra hp would you expect the tunes to give the 2.3 and the 2.7?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never had a tune. About how much would the dealership charge for a Ford Performance tune that is under warranty for each engine? How much extra hp would you expect the tunes to give the 2.3 and the 2.7?
When gas prices goes back up and 93 is $4.50/gal again, I sure as hell don’t want to be running 93 on a 18 mpg vehicle lol. But then again I have a pretty big commute which isn’t an issue for everyone.

Also, I bet the difference that you’ll pay in 93 gas over time will surpass the price of the 2.7L before the truck is paid off in a 4+ year loan. With a 60 mile round trip commute, it would take about 4 years and 2 months to break even on running 93 vs getting the 2.7L at $1900 (assuming $0.50 per gallon difference between 93 and 87).

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When gas prices goes back up and 93 is $4.50/gal again, I sure as hell don’t want to be running 93 on a 18 mpg vehicle lol. But then again I have a pretty big commute which isn’t an issue for everyone.

Also, I bet the difference that you’ll pay in 93 gas over time will surpass the price of the 2.7L before the truck is paid off in a 4+ year loan. With a 60 mile round trip commute, it would take about 4 years and 2 months to break even on running 93 vs getting the 2.7L at $1900 (assuming $0.50 per gallon difference between 93 and 87).
Dang the price diff 88 to 93 here in Chicago area is $1.00. :(

Reactions: rak

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang the price diff 88 to 93 here in Chicago area is $1.00. :(
Oh lord. I’m going off Costco prices here in Houston so I can only imagine places like Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, etc.

And actually with the upfront cost of the tune on the 2.3L, the time to break even with the 2.7L would be much less than I previously stated. Tuning the 2.3L to save money would not be ideal in the long run unless gas mileage is significantly increased. @BroncoMan13 could probably shed light on that because of his tuned 2.3 Mustang.

I actually meant to respond to @Cheshire in my original post. Sorry for dragging you into this Indio lol.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Interesting info, but didn't answer either of my questions. :)

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe they only offer it for the 2.3 and no confirmation it will be available for the Bronco, but it’s about $800 and adds 45hp/60Tq. Plenty of other tunes available for 2.3 and 2.7 and 50-80 HP and Tq(or more) can be added to either For relatively low $$.

To the OP...the 4 door base 2.7 Squatch is the ultimate value. I dont see the value in the extra $ for the Big Bend....I’m leaning towards a 2.3 manual so will have to go Badlands for the 4.7 Gears or possibly Black Diamond with some additional mods.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread or outright wonky. It is my first post here.

So it has been awhile since I have had a truly off road capable truck and I keep bouncing between the Base and the Big Bend. My last off road capable truck was a Bronco from the 80's and all the new tech and options have me kind of stumped. I just want to hit the beach, camp, hunt, fish, and hit some trails. I don't plan on doing any heavy off-roading which is why I wanted to stay in the lower trims, but I definitely want to get to some harder to reach places. Since I'm in the south I know that I'm going to hit some mud. I don't anticipate doing anything heavier than this in the mud related category: Do you guys think I should go ahead and switch up to the Big Bend or stay with Base? I know the Base doesn't have the Mud/Rut GOAT mode. I'm also trying not to lose the ability to customize like the Base. The final decision is going to be based on the cost of the Sasquatch package, but input from people that have more experience in general is definitely going to help. Thanks!

Sorry I used the wrong link. The correct one is there now.

IMO, with the base being so close to the price of the big bend, (price in canada) you are better off getting the big bend. for the 4 door the base is about $250 more then BB. the 2 door has the base at about $1500 cheaper. which i think you are better off getting the BB again.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To the OP...the 4 door base 2.7 Squatch is the ultimate value. I don't see the value in the extra $ for the Big Bend.
The longer I wait on the B&P, the longer I can't make up my mind here. And the line I made 'bold' in the quote does ring true in so many ways. The one reason I consider the Big Bend is because I WANT 'Race Red'. I'm trying to convince myself that AB will work, but it's too black for me.

Basically, my ideal build would be: 4 Door Base (comes with Auto) + v6 + Squatch + Hard Top. The only 2 things I'm missing are auto start and a color that I would actually like!

My optional build is: 2 Door Big Bend (comes with hard top) + v6 + Auto + Tow in Race Red. Upon delivery take to a shop and slap something like Nitto Ridge Grappler 285's (33's) on there, for about $1,000. The one thing I'm missing here is the space of the 4 door.

Optional build #2: 2 Door Black Diamond (comes with hard top) + v6 + Auto + Tow in Race Red. Only benefit to ME in this one over the BB is the washout interior & rear locker. I don't need the bash plates or rock rails. My Bronco won't ever be rock crawling, maybe play a little in the mud at most.

I find this is going to be a difficult decision for me to build either way. I'm looking to stay closer to $40k or less, because I drive a lot of miles and don't want to be spending more then that. Obviously that number will be close to $40k, maybe a little higher, maybe a little less, that's just my target point.

So I probably brought nothing to the discussion here, just stating what I'm looking at.

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The longer I wait on the B&P, the longer I can't make up my mind here. And the line I made 'bold' in the quote does ring true in so many ways. The one reason I consider the Big Bend is because I WANT 'Race Red'. I'm trying to convince myself that AB will work, but it's too black for me.

Basically, my ideal build would be: 4 Door Base (comes with Auto) + v6 + Squatch + Hard Top. The only 2 things I'm missing are auto start and a color that I would actually like!

My optional build is: 2 Door Big Bend (comes with hard top) + v6 + Auto + Tow in Race Red. Upon delivery take to a shop and slap something like Nitto Ridge Grappler 285's (33's) on there, for about $1,000. The one thing I'm missing here is the space of the 4 door.

Optional build #2: 2 Door Black Diamond (comes with hard top) + v6 + Auto + Tow in Race Red. Only benefit to ME in this one over the BB is the washout interior & rear locker. I don't need the bash plates or rock rails. My Bronco won't ever be rock crawling, maybe play a little in the mud at most.

I find this is going to be a difficult decision for me to build either way. I'm looking to stay closer to $40k or less, because I drive a lot of miles and don't want to be spending more then that. Obviously that number will be close to $40k, maybe a little higher, maybe a little less, that's just my target point.

So I probably brought nothing to the discussion here, just stating what I'm looking at.
Use survey pricing in the meantime.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Use survey pricing in the meantime.
Survey pricing gets me only so far. What if Ford were to actually offer upgraded tires? or wheels? How much to add a locker to the BB? Does the 'upgraded' 4 Door Hard Top (for the base) come with tinted windows? There are many things that could be added (or not) once we see B&P. Then it's a question of can I deal with the colors for a Base that I don't like? Because V6 + Auto + Hard Top are mandatory in my book. And a minimum of 33's (not the skinny ones either).

I know the wife will just try to push me into a 4 Door Big Bend. But she's more comfortable with spending money, I HATE IT!

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm being torn on this exact choice myself. I agree that the value of the Base 4-Door (Velocity Blue) which comes with the 10 speed auto transmission is extremely hard to beat. To be honest the only reason that I would even consider the Big Bend is the Mid Package (for the wife) and the Area 51 exterior paint. I told my wife if we jump up to the Big Bend, she's going to have to be happy with the 2-Door because for the same price I can get a fully loaded Base (4DR), that is what a fully loaded Big Bend 2-Door costs. To me it almost doesn't make any sense to move up to the Big Bend when I will be sacrificing 2 more doors and will get less cargo space. But part of me really does want a 2-Door, and in that case I would just move up to the Black Diamond if I don't stick with the Base 2-Door. Sasquatch is a must on any of my choices. I'm like a little kid in a candy shop with limited time to choose what I want. It's torture.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Survey pricing gets me only so far. What if Ford were to actually offer upgraded tires? or wheels? How much to add a locker to the BB? Does the 'upgraded' 4 Door Hard Top (for the base) come with tinted windows? There are many things that could be added (or not) once we see B&P. Then it's a question of can I deal with the colors for a Base that I don't like? Because V6 + Auto + Hard Top are mandatory in my book. And a minimum of 33's (not the skinny ones either).

I know the wife will just try to push me into a 4 Door Big Bend. But she's more comfortable with spending money, I HATE IT!
i'd think they'd offer the other wheels as an option/accessory. i'm wondering about the rear locker option price on the BB too.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me, I pretty sure at least, the Base 4 Door is the best value. I need the 4 doors and auto. More so if the options list lets us do a lot of a la cart stuff on the Base. The only thing I know for sure, right now, is Base 4 Door + 2.7 + Aux Switches. Hoping I can add a rear LSD (more useful for me) or at least bump gearing to 4.27. I'll do the E-Locker if that is the only choice to get the gearing. Otherwise, I'll just run open diffs. Also hoping for a tire/wheel change to 235/85R16 or 255/75R17. Black steelies would be fine, otherwise something in a 5 or 6 spoke type design in black. I won't be able to do the color I want (CG), but I'm okay with Carbonized Gray or Iconic Silver, maybe Velocity Blue. I think those would go best with blackish (CG, I think) trim.
Sponsored