Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did I miss something somewhere, but I thought Sasquatch is only available on the 2.7 auto transmission?

My plan is off-roading is about the same as Tarjea, easy to medium, no rock climbing, stay away from deep mud because I won't have a winch. Big Bend 2.3 manual because of a few more creature comforts of the Base. If something changed and Squatch is available on the 2.3 then I may consider that.
Sasquatch is available with 2.3 or 2.7. But is only available with the automatic.
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did I miss something somewhere, but I thought Sasquatch is only available on the 2.7 auto transmission?

My plan is off-roading is about the same as Tarjea, easy to medium, no rock climbing, stay away from deep mud because I won't have a winch. Big Bend 2.3 manual because of a few more creature comforts of the Base. If something changed and Squatch is available on the 2.3 then I may consider that.
You did. SASQUATCH needs an automatic transmission thats it. You can chose the 2.3 or 2.7. Only thing you can't have with Sasquatch package is the manual transmission.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hoping the 4.27 E-Locker will be around $500. However, I have no idea what a reasonable retail price would be either. But, the $500 sounds reasonable to me.

I'm still not convinced that 2.3 with Sasquatch will give "me" enough performance (read quickness to road speed). I'm convinced that otherwise the 2.3 should be fine with Sasquatch and should be more than enough with 32's and 4.27 gearing.

Now newest idea, if available on the Base would be: Base 4 Door + rear helical gear LSD at 4.27 + 255/75R17 tire and wheel package + Aux Switches. If the gear change and LSD is a no go, then I'll be back to Base 4 Door + 2.7 + Aux Switches and do the tires at tire change. The extra oomph from the 2.7 should make up for the gearing issue once I go to a slightly taller tire.
$500 for the rear locker would be great, but I have a feeling it will be more maybe $700-ish. BD Squatch is $500 less because it already has the locker and I doubt they've discounted the full retail cost of the option.

After doing a lot of reading and video watching about tire sizes, weights, rotational mass, torque, hp, etc, I have come to the conclusion that Sasquatch tires & rims on the highway will be too under-powered for me. I have a heavy right foot and would be instantly frustrated with the 2.3L. Breaking and general handling will also be poor. I'm much more comfortable with 32" tires now and even feeling like 33s are getting big for road performance. I'm going 2.7L for sure, no Squatch and seriously considering the Ford performance tune which should put it around 350 hp.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You did. SASQUATCH needs an automatic transmission thats it. You can chose the 2.3 or 2.7. Only thing you can't have with Sasquatch package is the manual transmission.
That's what I thought. What I didn't pay attention to was that the 2.3 also comes in auto tran. Thanks, DonM too.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me Base. Because Base + Sasquatch gives you and extreme Off Roader with 4.7 gears , front and rear lockers, bead lock wheels on 35s with 11.6 inches of ground clearance for only $36,600 with the 2.3.
There is a lot to be said for the capability vs price of that setup you mention. I'm just not convinced yet the 2.3L is a good match for 35" tires, especially if combined with the larger 4-door model, which could also have more passengers and gear. I do realize from what people have said, the 2.3L is no dog. I'm open to the setup you mentioned, but will need to test drive and see how it performs for owners.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a lot to be said for the capability vs price of that setup you mention. I'm just not convinced yet the 2.3L is a good match for 35" tires, especially if combined with the larger 4-door model, which could also have more passengers and gear. I do realize from what people have said, the 2.3L is no dog. I'm open to the setup you mentioned, but will need to test drive and see how it performs for owners.
Jeeps have been driving around on 35+ tires with the 3.6 for years and competing in some pretty extreme Off-roading.

The 3.6 is less powerful the the 2.3 and doesn't have near the tuning capabilities of the 2.3 turbo. Just a simple 93 Octane tune on the 2.3 and your at 310 to 325hp and 350 to 380tq. More then enough power.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
As per the Ford website right now, you can’t get a tow package with the Base model.

It also looks like the auto trans is standard on the Base 4 door. So maybe the Base 4 door price includes the auto trans? That would be sweet!!

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/
In the Ford email Package survey they did price the tow package on the Base model. So maybe it might be included as a base option. If not, its was confirmed to be a dealer install option.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Asked the better half this morning "Big tires or fog lamps?" "Big tires." Base squatch mic top it is...

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
$500 for the rear locker would be great, but I have a feeling it will be more maybe $700-ish. BD Squatch is $500 less because it already has the locker and I doubt they've discounted the full retail cost of the option.
$500 is an up charge.

The stand alone rear locker option on the 2020 Base Ranger is $420.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeeps have been driving around on 35+ tires with the 3.6 for years and competing in some pretty extreme Off-roading.

The 3.6 is less powerful the the 2.3 and doesn't have near the tuning capabilities of the 2.3 turbo. Just a simple 93 Octane tune on the 2.3 and your at 310 to 325hp and 350 to 380tq. More then enough power.
My BRZ uses 93 octane fuel, and with Chicago area premium markup one of the highest in the land, not sure I could take another premium fuel vehicle, lol. But I get what you're saying, and I'm not a lead foot driver needing gobs of power with a Bronco.

Still leaning towards the lowest cost base manual trans version, but Sasquatch is tempting. A wild card for me is the manual trans, because it's new so we don't have a service history to evaluate. At least the 10 speed automatic has been in service with other vehicles, so it's more of a known item.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trust me when I say buddy that the 2.3 will do just fine. What matters more is the gearing and you're getting 4.7 gears with the Sasquatch Package. I have an Edge Titanium which comes in at around 4095 lbs. That car has the 2.0 Ecoboost and that thing will flat scoot when put to the floor. Those new twin-scroll turbos reduced a lot of the turbo lag in earlier generation Ecoboosts so it won't be such a dog off the line. The 2.3 with the 4.7 gears of the Sasquatch package will do wonderfully.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
$500 is an up charge.

The stand alone rear locker option on the 2020 Base Ranger is $420.
Trust me when I say buddy that the 2.3 will do just fine. What matters more is the gearing and you're getting 4.7 gears with the Sasquatch Package. I have an Edge Titanium which comes in at around 4095 lbs. That car has the 2.0 Ecoboost and that thing will flat scoot when put to the floor. Those new twin-scroll turbos reduced a lot of the turbo lag in earlier generation Ecoboosts so it won't be such a dog off the line. The 2.3 with the 4.7 gears of the Sasquatch package will do wonderfully.
On the trails, I agree with you. On the road, no way!
Those heavy 35" diameter tires need a lot of power to get going. On road acceleration with 2.3L Squatch will be annoying and slow imo

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the trails, I agree with you. On the road, no way!
Those heavy 35" diameter tires need a lot of power to get going. On road acceleration with 2.3L Squatch will be annoying and slow imo
It definitely won't be. Especially with the 93 Octane tune and 4.7 gears. With that said this isn't a sports car. Maybe the Mustang is more your speed?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It definitely won't be. Especially with the 93 Octane tune and 4.7 gears. With that said this isn't a sports car. Maybe the Mustang is more your speed?
Squatch 35s w/2.3 on the road will be under-powered for me, for others it may be fine. We should all get what we want. Folks almost seem offended that I want the extra power of the 2.7. I've actually decided against 35s in general. Realized that my primary driving will be much better on 32s or 33s (w/2.7 of course!).
Sponsored