Sponsored

Do you think Ford will offer different tire options?

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I plan on just buying a set of whatever I want from 4WheelParts Tire and then putting the stock tires on Craigslist.

Way cheaper than Tire Rack, have sales and rebates periodically, free shipping.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good questions and I believe Granger, where my reservation is with, is offering this process/upgrade. Not sure of the process setup for it yet, but hope to have details from them in the near future. They (Granger) did mention that they would also make all the proper calibration changes as well.
That is correct...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke to my dealer. They will not charge me the difference, they will charge me the cost of the new tires, and wont give me value for the (new) all seasons tires that came from Ford. I called a few local tire places and they are saying the same thing.
Dealerships are not tire stores and the tires (typically all season and smaller tires) do not have any market for us...

We cannot sell them as new tires as they were mounted....

I do have a local guy that will buy new tire&rim takeoffs but will only give us $100 for 4...

The market for dealers on used tires is almost non existent...

I recommend keeping the tires or selling them on FB or CL to someone that needs them...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealerships are not tire stores and the tires (typically all season and smaller tires) do not have any market for us...

We cannot sell them as new tires as they were mounted....

I do have a local guy that will buy new tire&rim takeoffs but will only give us $100 for 4...

The market for dealers on used tires is almost non existent...

I recommend keeping the tires or selling them on FB or CL to someone that needs them...
For those having a Bronco shipped from Granger, how do you handle the shipping of the old tires and/or wheels?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those having a Bronco shipped from Granger, how do you handle the shipping of the old tires and/or wheels?
Unfortunately wrapped in the Bronco...

We need a Swap Sell section in the forum so that people can arrange these items...

Say you post them on the Forum and another member that is getting their Bronco from us wants them, we can store them for the other person and put them on their Bronco when it arrives...

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the dealership would charge me the difference (plus some mark up) and keep the old ones? I guess thats the most important part, so we dont have to go through the process of selling the tires that came from Ford.

..never done this before, so not sure.
I have had dealers open to doing this with a small charger per tire (probably $100, plus mount and balance fees)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Granger Ford
How do you handle mounting the tires we select? As in, do we order them to be delivered to your dealership? Do you order them? Since you’re not a tire store (I love that line ?), I wasn’t sure how that worked.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford
How do you handle mounting the tires we select? As in, do we order them to be delivered to your dealership? Do you order them? Since you’re not a tire store (I love that line ?), I wasn’t sure how that worked.
You can order them from your source and we put them on, or see what we can do on the tire price and see what one is better..

Mount and balance is 20$ per tire...

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can order them from your source and we put them on, or see what we can do on the tire price and see what one is better..

Mount and balance is 20$ per tire...
These are great Q&A's about wheels/tires.

Albert, do you see Granger putting together such an "options" list that can we choose from? Meaning, depending on what Bronco we choose, Granger can recommend the proper/best selection for it? I'm looking at a Big Bend but would like to switch out for the 33's, but have no clue if they would be compatible with the wheels that come with or even space for it. Thanks!

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw a few pictures floating around of the orange 2 door with 37's on it. I'm going to order my OBX with SAS and I'm really hoping the 37" tires are an option to upgrade. If not, I'll pull my SAS wheels/tires off and sell them if anyone is interested. I'm in contact with some companies to get some custom forged wheels made to really make the OBX pop and wrap them in some thick meats. Guess the only thing we can do is wait..... and keep waiting.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are great Q&A's about wheels/tires.

Albert, do you see Granger putting together such an "options" list that can we choose from? Meaning, depending on what Bronco we choose, Granger can recommend the proper/best selection for it? I'm looking at a Big Bend but would like to switch out for the 33's, but have no clue if they would be compatible with the wheels that come with or even space for it. Thanks!
The problem is we need a vehicle to make recommendations on them for offset lug nuts and tire sizes that fit...

I am hoping that the aftermarket gets some information out there so that it can be used by the members...

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The problem is we need a vehicle to make recommendations on them for offset lug nuts and tire sizes that fit...

I am hoping that the aftermarket gets some information out there so that it can be used by the members...
Gotcha ... or when Ford is able to notify the dealers of the info?? I would think this info is just about sealed with the trucks, so maybe a matter of time ... hopefully!

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone notice that the tire size chart shows the 33" Territory as standard on the Badlands and also says "optional". I am hoping it really is - I would love to swap those ugly 32" Dueler A/T tires on the Big Bend for 33" M/Ts.

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is correct...

@Granger Ford Thank you for being so transparent and helpful.
By calibrations... does that mean if I size up, you will fix the speedo and odometer?
Do you know if other ford dealers would do the same?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford Thank you for being so transparent and helpful.
By calibrations... does that mean if I size up, you will fix the speedo and odometer?
Do you know if other ford dealers would do the same?
We will buy a programmer kit for it and you will keep the programmer so that it can be set back if need be or change the size to something else...
Sponsored