Sponsored

Does anyone know how to make the doors quieter when shutting them? (Rumor is '23 models fixed this issue)

OP
OP
Rd1103

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is designed and built to do things off-road that 95% of all other vehicles CAN'T Do, and it does it pretty darn comfortably. It's a lot more comfortable than its closest competitor, the Jeep. For what it can do off-road it's pretty comfortable on the highway too. If you can't handle the way the Bronco sounds and feels on the road, trade it in for a Lincoln Navigator for a lot more money, but if you attempt to do what the Bronco can do off-road, you're going to break it, roll it, and hurt yourself.
I'm glad this post seems to be a magnet for armchair opinions :) I LOVE my Bronco, and I waited for many months (as most of us did who reserved) and love driving it and looking at it and off-roading in it as much as I can.

All of that being said, it's OK and should be OK to scrutinize pain points (and this one isn't a secret if you've watched any offroad videos or reviews about the Bronco.) I get your point and I agree with your sentiments on the Bronco's capability off-road, but it doesn't mean customers aren't allowed to want quality built vehicles. This forum has generated a lot of opinions, some negative and unconstructive/dismissive, and others that were either positive or genuine. Yours is unfortunately a mixture of both.

Have a lovely Friday.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They didn't move it, just changed how it operated. 2021 you pull up; 2023 you pull down. At least on BL and WT. Just don't know why change it...

ZomboMeme 27042023165659.jpg
Because people were pulling too hard on the switch and breaking it. By flipping it around it's more difficult to apply more force. It's just a momentary switch and requires no force at all. It should just be a button.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess it would have been impossible to just put a foot pedal on the left side like every other truck they make...
Do their other truck have electric or manual e-brakes?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do their other truck have electric or manual e-brakes?
My '17 F150, and my '99 F350 before that, have/had manual pedal parking brakes. I honestly don't see the benefit of having an electric parking brake...

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My '17 F150, and my '99 F350 before that, have/had manual pedal parking brakes. I honestly don't see the benefit of having an electric parking brake...
I suspect that trail turn assist is using the electric parking brake.

Manual parking brakes have their own issues. Cables stretching, corrosion, requires too much effort for some drivers, etc.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Talking about the back swing gate door. Sit in the car - have someone open and close it.

My daughter is 13 and every time she closes it, I swear it startles the hell out of me how loud it is.

Again - such a small issue and love my Bronco. Just wanted to know if others felt the same way.
Sounds fine to me. This is part of getting used to a new car with unique designs.
Sponsored