Sponsored

Does anyone know how to make the doors quieter when shutting them? (Rumor is '23 models fixed this issue)

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So,

Given all the aftermarket solutions out there, ranging from better cabin lights (thanks IAG!) to hardtops that are worth a darn (thanks ADV, looking forward to getting this in soon!) does anyone know the following:

1. Is there any kind of fix to make the doors open and close more like a regular truck (quieter, less rattly sound).
2. Did Ford quietly fix this on 2023 models? I've heard a few people say that, so was just curious.

Thank you for any input.
Here we go again. Buy a high end off road truck, don't slam the doors so hard? This ain't no Range Rover.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rd1103

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here we go again. Buy a high end off road truck, don't slam the doors so hard? This ain't no Range Rover.
Eh, that’s not what’s happening my friend. It’s a noticeable issue that anyone who’s driven another suv or truck can notice. Seems like there is a common fix for it, and being that I appreciate anything that can enhance the quality of the ride (which in my opinion, cabin noise reduction does that) then these door mlv solutions solve that problem. Thanks for the comment, tho.

LAB0035

Badlands
First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So,

Given all the aftermarket solutions out there, ranging from better cabin lights (thanks IAG!) to hardtops that are worth a darn (thanks ADV, looking forward to getting this in soon!) does anyone know the following:

1. Is there any kind of fix to make the doors open and close more like a regular truck (quieter, less rattly sound).
2. Did Ford quietly fix this on 2023 models? I've heard a few people say that, so was just curious.

Thank you for any input.
I close mine like i have some sense. I have never noticed any rattles from the doors no matter if i was inside the bronco or outside the brocno when i closed the doors. I guess just don't slam them like a crackhouse door

OP
OP
Rd1103

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I close mine like i have some sense. I have never noticed any rattles from the doors no matter if i was inside the bronco or outside the brocno when i closed the doors. I guess just don't slam them like a crackhouse door
Boromir: “They have a cave TROLL.”

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look up the window adjust fix, that will fix the rattle if it's coming from the glass. Essentially a small bolt on the bottom of the door needs to be adjusted, takes 5 minutes.

You could always use sound deadener inside the doors. May be a PITA to do it all, but it will definitely help the "tinny" sound
Where is the 5 minute fix at?

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So,

Thank you for any input.
under doors are 2 plugs ...take plugs out loosen and push towards outside of doors
this will help doors not rattle so much and reduce window flop when driving
worked on my 2021 black diamond 4dr

OP
OP
Rd1103

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like to hear reviews on those.
I got them and will probably post something. I'm sure it won't turn it into a "Range Rover" (that's not what I'm looking for!) but I bet it will help with the door sound when it shuts, and also sound deadening for the better speakers and sub I put in.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Flip side is the doors are light for removal. Make them bulkier will make them somewhat more difficult to handle…if you do remove them which some people do not.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the time mines ok but for some reason driver window seems not to come down in time and hits frame when I close quickly. Or something. And it rattles like hell.

Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got them and will probably post something. I'm sure it won't turn it into a "Range Rover" (that's not what I'm looking for!) but I bet it will help with the door sound when it shuts, and also sound deadening for the better speakers and sub I put in.
Why would one want a Range Rover? They like repair shop waiting rooms?

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

under doors are 2 plugs ...take plugs out loosen and push towards outside of doors
this will help doors not rattle so much and reduce window flop when driving
worked on my 2021 black diamond 4dr
I don't think this is what OP is referring to. IF OP is referring to the window death rattle when the window is partially lowered, this solution helps quite a bit. IF it's the door itself rattling, then it won't help. Though I have not experienced or really heard of the latter issue.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was shocked how flimsy the doors sounded when I went to pick up muy Bronco. I bought it anyway. I hate that.
I figure its to keep them light for on-off .
still, I notice it every time I get out. cant stand it.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a ‘ hollow ‘ sound when you close the passenger door for me but anyway..my wipers work..no cracks in top, no leaks, no manual trans problems, my axles work fine with my sas takeoffs after some florida mud forrest drivin ), my RC 2 inch spacer lift works, my poor mans radio is not great but its good for me, I like my cheap 2 tone headlights..and so on..$ 33,400..

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is designed and built to do things off-road that 95% of all other vehicles CAN'T Do, and it does it pretty darn comfortably. It's a lot more comfortable than its closest competitor, the Jeep. For what it can do off-road it's pretty comfortable on the highway too. If you can't handle the way the Bronco sounds and feels on the road, trade it in for a Lincoln Navigator for a lot more money, but if you attempt to do what the Bronco can do off-road, you're going to break it, roll it, and hurt yourself.
Sponsored