Sponsored

Does anyone know how to remove the carpet?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for all the info and great assumption! I've been searching around like crazy trying to land on these part numbers.

Has it been determined whether or not all bronco models come with the active drain holes to accommodate this vinyl floor?
They all have drain holes. The carpeted interior is promoted as having "passive drains". It is my presumption is that they are the same drains, but the carpeted trims have a one-way passive valve. Whereas the Black Diamond and Badlands have "active drains" entailing the action by the user to open the drain cover. Tear off that cover, and the drains become "passive". I could be wrong with that presumption.
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They all have drain holes. The carpeted interior is promoted as having "passive drains". It is my presumption is that they are the same drains, but the carpeted trims have a one-way passive valve. Whereas the Black Diamond and Badlands have "active drains" entailing the action by the user to open the drain cover. Tear off that cover, and the drains become "passive". I could be wrong with that presumption.
I was under the impression that the floor pans in the Black Diamond and Badlands with rubber floor were different than all the other floor pans. So Iā€™m anxiously waiting for the install. If it is verified to be the same with no issues, Iā€™ll be ordering my rubber flooring pretty quickly

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was under the impression that the floor pans in the Black Diamond and Badlands with rubber floor were different than all the other floor pans. So Iā€™m anxiously waiting for the install. If it is verified to be the same with no issues, Iā€™ll be ordering my rubber flooring pretty quickly
IMO, that is overthinking Ford's approach to building the different trims on the line. They all share the same chassis with respect to door count. There is not a Black Diamond/Badlands chassis with different floor pans. As the chassis is moving down the line, the installers are either grabbing carpet or vinyl floor based on the build. Until someone rips up the carpet to confirm the drains, I'm presuming that the only difference is the Badlands/Black Diamond have actual covers over the drains. Hence making them "active drains" as they require a physical action of removing the cover. Kick your heel over the cover and tear it off and they are going to be the same drain.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMO, that is overthinking Ford's approach to building the different trims on the line. They all share the same chassis with respect to door count. There is not a Black Diamond/Badlands chassis with different floor pans. As the chassis is moving down the line, the installers are either grabbing carpet or vinyl floor based on the build. Until someone rips up the carpet to confirm the drains, I'm presuming that the only difference is the Badlands/Black Diamond have actual covers over the drains. Hence making them "active drains" as they require a physical action of removing the cover. Kick your heel over the cover and tear it off and they are going to be the same drain.
Iā€™m hoping so. I asked about this a while back and that was the response that I received. Made no sense to me, but the way Ford operates, NOTHING would surprise me at this point šŸ¤£

4doorbu

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bringing this back up. I took my black diamond for a boat ride yesterday and filled up the interior with mud and all kinds of fun. I hosed it out and used the shop vac to suck up the water. I pulled the sill plate plastics to take a look and the entire wiring harness and flooring under the carpet is full of mud also. There are little drains underneath also i saw, which look to be a one way valve type deal. I'm going to be pulling the interior out and making sure all of the mud is out. I don't want to have to deal with the smells of cedar water/mud for the rest of the Bronco's life.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there an ETA on this product yet?
Sorry, after several rounds of testing, we have ultimately decided not to proceed with the development of this product.

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it's anything like the wash out flooring, just remove the front seats, gear shifter/center console and you can lift the flooring right out. Not connected to the vehicle in any way, just sits in the tub.

Screenshot_20220423-085451_Photos.jpg
Hey, so Iā€™m in the process of taking out my vinyl flooring and I see that it loops around some support structure behind the center console, so itā€™s all one big piece.

Ford Bronco Does anyone know how to remove the carpet? IMG_8718

Ford Bronco Does anyone know how to remove the carpet? IMG_8719

Was yours like this? How did you remove it?

seen some people who cut their carpet so that they could take it out but Iā€™m trying to avoid that.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, so Iā€™m in the process of taking out my vinyl flooring and I see that it loops around some support structure behind the center console, so itā€™s all one big piece.

Was yours like this? How did you remove it?

seen some people who cut their carpet so that they could take it out but Iā€™m trying to avoid that.
Thatā€™s exactly what I did - reached up behind the center control stack and made a 3-4ā€ slit right in the middle of the narrowest part of the flooring so I could pull the entire floor out as one piece.

itā€™s made zero difference after almost 3 years. Floor doesnā€™t move and youā€™d never know..
Sponsored